Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default REAR TRUNK HATCH LOCK ISSUE

So i decided to take bessie out for a nice ride today, put my helmet on, plugged the iPhone in the mp3 port in the back trunk and threw on my gloves, 1 you after riding i decided to check my voicemail so i pilled over, turned off the bike and unlocked the trunk box in the back, would not opened, i tried again, still would not open, drove to the nearest dealer, Broward Motorsports off of Davie Road and showed the lead can am tech, he looked into it for 3o minutes and said its james looks like the metal hardware is not in tacked and won't open, I panicked, my cell phone wallet and keys were in the back trunk. THe finally had no choice and lifted it open successfully, the 2 pins on top that lock in the receiver came off and he noticed the issue that caused this is the metal pins-rods were completely out of play, I left the bike with them for the week while i am out of town, i was upset and BMS stated this should be interesting to hear how BRP will probably fight with them over a resolution-Fix on this. Question has this happened to anyone else, i was told at BMS they its happened one or two times, While the bike is there the cargo cover compartment cover which since day one has never been aligned properly is not locking at all so i told them to get with BRP to get this fixed, hopefully BRP will stand behind there products and grant the blessing to get this fixed.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear Trunk Lock

A short while ago, I had a problem with my rear trunk lock cylinder coming out as I took the key out after locking it. I called the dealer, brought the bike in, and they took a look at it. While I was there describing the problem, one of the techs said" Oh yes, I remember seeing a service bulletin about that. " .They ended up having to replace they lock mechanism, and it was all covered under warranty. Worth a mention to your service department. My ryde is a 2010 RT-A. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.