Thread: Radio Problem

Spyder Garage

Default Radio Problem

Rode my 2011 RT Ltd to the dealer today for the latest updates and radio water intrusion fix. Radio played fine on the way to the dealer. After the work was finished the radio volume now goes up and down kinda like a sign wave pattern. This is not the volume fade and increase with increase and decreases in speed. The volume will increase to where it should be for any given speed and, once there, will continue to fade in and out.

I turned the auto volume increase off with the mode selector and it still happens. Dealer was baffled and ordered a new radio. Seems kinda funny it happened in conjunction with the up dates. (No reflection on the Dealer, they have great mechanics) I am happy about the new radio though.

Spyder Garage

could be a lose ground on the aerial, as it finds ground you get a stronger signal, hence louder, when it loses ground it loses signal hence lower sound.

I'm sure they have but double check they double checked the arial grounding

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Interesting, mine is getting the download for the radio today as we speak. Will keep an 'ear' out for same.

Spyder Garage

I had the radio water intrusion fix applied sometime back. They also checked all of the BUDS updates and applied what was needed. I have not noticed any issues with my radio fading in and out. I would agree with harrypottar that there may be a grounding issue going on. If the volume fades in and out while sitting still, that would be an easy thing to show the dealer.
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BitSlayer View Post
    I had the radio water intrusion fix applied sometime back. They also checked all of the BUDS updates and applied what was needed. I have not noticed any issues with my radio fading in and out. I would agree with harrypottar that there may be a grounding issue going on. If the volume fades in and out while sitting still, that would be an easy thing to show the dealer.

The fading in and out only happens when you are moving. Stopped, it plays just fine. Forgot to mention there is no static or sounds that should not be there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Dog6 View Post
    The fading in and out only happens when you are moving. Stopped, it plays just fine. Forgot to mention there is no static or sounds that should not be there.
    Check to see that your antenna is not loose.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!