Thread: XM plugg in

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default XM plugg in

As I am tired of the poor XM reception on my Zumo 550 (antenna in the frunk) I decided to install the Can Am XM add on on my -11 RT.
    Ordered it in May and now the ETA is September 9th??? WTF??

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

how much is that going to cost you and does that include install?

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Strange, I used to get great reception with the Zumo 550 and XM puck.

I had it on a ram mount on my GL just above the Zumo mount so it had clear view of the sky, got great reception all the time. Did not opt for XM on the spyder have an older 60gb iPod I just loaded to the brim with custom playlist.

Just to save you some money, have you tried the XM puck mounted outside on the spyder?,it is waterproof.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Interesting that you are having issues as you reported. I installed the Zumo 665 a couple weeks back and activated XM and weather/traffic. I had the puck antenna installed on the rear trunk lid so it was on a slight angle. I had intermittent drop outs of XM audio. So I moved the puck up on the top of the trunk lid altogether so it has 100% top view of the sky. Did this right before a 300 mile ride. Went on the ride and the XM was almost nonexistent on the whole trip. Kept getting a "no XM signal" most of the time and then the audio would come back for a few seconds. Meanwhile the traffic and weather icons remained lit the whole time.

I guess a call the Garmin is in order at least for me. I guess what I am saying is depending what problems you are having, the 665 may not be the complete answer. Would be interesting to know if the Can AM XM solves the issue for you?
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had the puck on my HD before (on the handlebar mount that the 550) and my Can Am dealer put it in the back side/inside of the frunk.... In CA I have only good signal going south, any other direction and the signal is weak and intermittent!
    I think the XM module is around $600... Its integrated in the dashboard (radio stations etc as an Ipod is). It will liberate the sound jack/Aux in in the trunk so I do not have to fumble on the 550 but only on the left control...

Spyder Garage

I installed the XM and CB and for a whole lot of reasons they are both useless. The only good thing about the CB is the intercom and even with that I had to replace the Boom Mike and cord ( Basically the whole head set ) no warranty because I installed myself after the first season .
    Happy Owner