Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

and on your new Spyder!!

Spyder Garage

Default Hi everyone! Just got my Spyder last weekend...

ride safe & have fun on that new ride. let the mods begin.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3whlLefty View Post
    Your postings are making me homesick. I rode the Peak to Peak for 30 yrs. Can't count the number of times. I'd ride to EP, get coffee at the old MacDonalds card shop and drink it next to the river. Truly the good life.

If you haven't found them yet, do try Left Hand canyon from Ward down to Hwy 36. Also from Masonville to Stove Prairie and then choose the road back to LaPorte or go on up to 14 (Poudre Canyon). Hope that the fires have not destroyed that area too much. Also turn off H34 at Drake and go to EP via Glen Haven. Great road with very little traffic.

You're living in some of the best M/C roads on the planet. Be safe and enjoy!!
    The good news is that my bf has been riding for a gazillion years (I hope he doesn't read this! ) and he knows all those areas. I've been on most of them now. Stove Prarie and the Poudre are all jacked up from the fires and subsequent rains/floods. It is really sad. Love the Drake via Glen Haven road, took Peak to Peak on the way to Paonia last weekend.

So, in other words, I feel VERY lucky to live here and am so excited to be able to ryde these roads now. I'm still working on corners, and am getting a LOT better. Thanks for all the encouragement, and please get in touch when you come back out!

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!

Spyder Garage

Wink Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    Rode it back to Colorado from Missouri in 2 days. What a gas! My guy met me in Kansas City, we rode his BMW to Hopkins Mo where I picked her up. I had 635 miles of straight roads, 102 degree weather, a kick-ass windstorm (yikes!) and city driving. Rode home to the mountains where I live near Estes Park. Going on a ryde tomorrow which will include lots of twisty turnys. Any advice for dealing with mountain roads? I'll be ryding them a lot, and need to get up to speed and comfortable.

So nice to know there are a lot of women ryders out there. I am honored to be in the family...
    Enjoy! I just got mine in June, I love it too..

Spyder Garage

Red face Correction

Sorry I mean May I got my Spyder in May.. LOL..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Fun in the EP area

Spydersue

Congratulations and let the fun begin....Love the area been across trail ridge about ten times and loved everyone of them. Be there in september. (can't wait). Hope to run into you....

Turk
    The good news is that my bf has been riding for a gazillion years (I hope he doesn't read this! ) and he knows all those areas. I've been on most of them now. Stove Prarie and the Poudre are all jacked up from the fires and subsequent rains/floods. It is really sad. Love the Drake via Glen Haven road, took Peak to Peak on the way to Paonia last weekend.

So, in other words, I feel VERY lucky to live here and am so excited to be able to ryde these roads now. I'm still working on corners, and am getting a LOT better. Thanks for all the encouragement, and please get in touch when you come back out!

Spyder Garage

Default Colorado!

Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    Spydersue

Congratulations and let the fun begin....Love the area been across trail ridge about ten times and loved everyone of them. Be there in september. (can't wait). Hope to run into you....

Turk
    Hey - get in touch with me when you arrive - do you know the area? I can show you a couple really nice rydes...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    : scoot your butt to the inside of the corner, lean forward like you are trying to put your chin over your knuckles. Once I started to do this, going thru the twisties was way more fun and controlled!
    Another good place to talk to "girl" Spyder people is on facebook on the "Girls on Spyders" page. But you can't beat SpyderLovers for the best advice on just about anything having to do with Spyders. Everyone here wants us all to have great experiences with our Spyders!
    --Paula
    +1 on the scoot. Also hang on tight with the knees. On a 2wheeler you do it to keep rubber on the road. On this guy you do it to keep yourself in the saddle. I'm new at this too and it took awhile to figure it out. Sounds like you have though.

Spyder Garage

Congrats! Enjoy, enjoy! And i agree- read the "DOs and DONTs" thread!
    Check back here often! It has solved issues for me that even some dealers cant!
    2015 SE6 RT-S
    Black/Red Special Edition.

Spyder Garage

On the new ! Enjoy!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Colorado spyder Ryder's

Congrats. Enjoy and be safe. Look up the web site above on meet up. Good group of Ryder's

Spyder Garage

Default Any Insights to a Novice Spyder Purchaser?

Hi,
    Congratulations. I'm new to the Spyderworld and intend to purchase my Spyder within the month. Any advice to offer - what to avoid; what features to consider, what is not necessary, etc. Thank you. By the way, I'm in south Florida - where should I go to learn about clubs, rides and events? Thanks.

Rode it back to Colorado from Missouri in 2 days. What a gas! My guy met me in Kansas City, we rode his BMW to Hopkins Mo where I picked her up. I had 635 miles of straight roads, 102 degree weather, a kick-ass windstorm (yikes!) and city driving. Rode home to the mountains where I live near Estes Park. Going on a ryde tomorrow which will include lots of twisty turnys. Any advice for dealing with mountain roads? I'll be ryding them a lot, and need to get up to speed and comfortable.

So nice to know there are a lot of women ryders out there. I am honored to be in the family...

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I've only been riding about a year now, and love every minute of it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderling View Post
    Hi,
    Congratulations. I'm new to the Spyderworld and intend to purchase my Spyder within the month. Any advice to offer - what to avoid; what features to consider, what is not necessary, etc. Thank you. By the way, I'm in south Florida - where should I go to learn about clubs, rides and events? Thanks.
    Hi Spyderling. Wow, that is a question that could take a long time to answer. Have you decided on an RT or an RS? I bought an RS for a couple of reasons - money probably being #1 as they are quite a bit less expensive, but I also really like the sport-y-ness of the RS. I am more into day trips than long distance riding, so it works well for me to just jump on and ride, especially since I live in the mountains of Colorado. I debated on getting the ES - semi-automatic transmission vs. the fully manual, and am very glad I to the semi-automatic. Smooth, easy shifting. Mine had the upgraded BRP saddle and I'm very happy about that too, although you can always change out saddles etc.

I think your biggest decision is between the RS and the RT. Beyond that, almost anything can be add or changed or modified. Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations!

How do you like the Spyder? Stay safe and have fun
    "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Congrats! Enjoy the ride!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze