Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Hi everyone! Just got my Spyder last weekend...

Rode it back to Colorado from Missouri in 2 days. What a gas! My guy met me in Kansas City, we rode his BMW to Hopkins Mo where I picked her up. I had 635 miles of straight roads, 102 degree weather, a kick-ass windstorm (yikes!) and city driving. Rode home to the mountains where I live near Estes Park. Going on a ryde tomorrow which will include lots of twisty turnys. Any advice for dealing with mountain roads? I'll be ryding them a lot, and need to get up to speed and comfortable.

So nice to know there are a lot of women ryders out there. I am honored to be in the family...

Spyder Garage

On your new ryde!!!
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

welcom sue please read the dos and donts for new riders lots of good info on there after you get moore used to it and keep a light tuch itm will get easy and slighlty lean in the corners will help with the force that seems like it trying to toss you off.now go have fun and ride like the wind. were all brothers and sisters on here we all want to help if we can.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and on your new spyder. Dale

Spyder Garage

and on your new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

and You are going to love the ride.

Spyder Garage

Thank-you all so much! I already love it. I woke up this morning feeling like a little kid who gets to go play with her favorite new toy! Going to ride Peak to Peak hwy...guess I'll learn how to ride twisties today! HA!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

you are very lucky to live near Estes Park...one of my favorite areas of Colorado. As for advice for riding your twisty roads, here's what some very smart Spyder riders told me: scoot your butt to the inside of the corner, lean forward like you are trying to put your chin over your knuckles. Once I started to do this, going thru the twisties was way more fun and controlled!
    Another good place to talk to "girl" Spyder people is on facebook on the "Girls on Spyders" page. But you can't beat SpyderLovers for the best advice on just about anything having to do with Spyders. Everyone here wants us all to have great experiences with our Spyders!
    --Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    you are very lucky to live near Estes Park...one of my favorite areas of Colorado. As for advice for riding your twisty roads, here's what some very smart Spyder riders told me: scoot your butt to the inside of the corner, lean forward like you are trying to put your chin over your knuckles. Once I started to do this, going thru the twisties was way more fun and controlled!
    Another good place to talk to "girl" Spyder people is on facebook on the "Girls on Spyders" page. But you can't beat SpyderLovers for the best advice on just about anything having to do with Spyders. Everyone here wants us all to have great experiences with our Spyders!
    --Paula
    Thanks Paula! Rode Hwy 7 from Lyons up through Estes, down 34 to Loveland today. Really nice ride, and I think I'm gettin the hang of the twistys. The advice like yours has been wonderful and very helpful. Please get in contact when you come back out! Sue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    Rode it back to Colorado from Missouri in 2 days. What a gas! My guy met me in Kansas City, we rode his BMW to Hopkins Mo where I picked her up. I had 635 miles of straight roads, 102 degree weather, a kick-ass windstorm (yikes!) and city driving. Rode home to the mountains where I live near Estes Park. Going on a ryde tomorrow which will include lots of twisty turnys. Any advice for dealing with mountain roads? I'll be ryding them a lot, and need to get up to speed and comfortable.

So nice to know there are a lot of women ryders out there. I am honored to be in the family...
    Did I miss something here?? Which Spyder do you have the RS or the RT??? They do act differently on twistys. I've had both(had RS first and for over a year then got my RT) so getting used to the RT for me was really diff. Enjoy your roads and be safe out there.And ThreeFeet.

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

and. !!!!!!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    Did I miss something here?? Which Spyder do you have the RS or the RT??? They do act differently on twistys. I've had both(had RS first and for over a year then got my RT) so getting used to the RT for me was really diff. Enjoy your roads and be safe out there.And ThreeFeet.
    ThreeFeet mine is an RS but I think some of that advice I got would work for your RT two of the experienced Spyder riders were Scottie and Forrest!
    Last edited by Paula(Butch2025); 07-05-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Default Hi everyone! Just got my Spyder last weekend...

ride safe & have fun

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Welcome! We're glad you're here and are loving your Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I have the RS. Had a nice ride yesterday and I think I'm getting the hang of it! FUN!
    Last edited by SpyderSue; 07-05-2012 at 10:22 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

CONGRATULATIONS GET READY FOR MILES OF SMILES

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the group! Have fun riding...we were looking forward to riding around Colorado Springs for 8 days or so after the Owners' Event finished but the wildfires forced us to evacuate ahead of schedule to Wyoming. Then we ended up unexpectedly coming home due to health issues. Hopefully we'll make it out there again some time and get to ride with you. Stay safe riding!
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Default Thank-you

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Welcome to the group! Have fun riding...we were looking forward to riding around Colorado Springs for 8 days or so after the Owners' Event finished but the wildfires forced us to evacuate ahead of schedule to Wyoming. Then we ended up unexpectedly coming home due to health issues. Hopefully we'll make it out there again some time and get to ride with you. Stay safe riding!
    Thank-you for the welcome. Yeah, I got caught up in your story titled "this is turning out to be a bummer of a trip". My thoughts have been with you. And my gratitude - what a great community this is. I feel like I've stumbled into something very special.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    Thanks Paula! Rode Hwy 7 from Lyons up through Estes, down 34 to Loveland today. Really nice ride, and I think I'm gettin the hang of the twistys. The advice like yours has been wonderful and very helpful. Please get in contact when you come back out! Sue
    You're doing my "after work" rides too -- how come we haven't seen each other yet?
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Congrats on spyder and welcome to the party

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Flight Risk's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

on your new ryde!!!! Have fun, be safe and
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Drift HD 720 digital video camera w/ remote
    Russell Day-Long Custom Seat and Driver backrest
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Elka Stage 1 Plus Shocks
    Original Grip Buddies
    Seal Floorboards DLX
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    GloRyders with remote
    Zumo 660 GPS
    2011 RTS SE5

Spyder Garage

Your postings are making me homesick. I rode the Peak to Peak for 30 yrs. Can't count the number of times. I'd ride to EP, get coffee at the old MacDonalds card shop and drink it next to the river. Truly the good life.

If you haven't found them yet, do try Left Hand canyon from Ward down to Hwy 36. Also from Masonville to Stove Prairie and then choose the road back to LaPorte or go on up to 14 (Poudre Canyon). Hope that the fires have not destroyed that area too much. Also turn off H34 at Drake and go to EP via Glen Haven. Great road with very little traffic.

You're living in some of the best M/C roads on the planet. Be safe and enjoy!!