Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default ST1 Hybred Helmet?

Who has this helmet, do you have the "Jaw", and do you recommend the helmet & Jaw? How is the fit, ventelation, and comport?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Radgirl and I both have these helmets, and like the jaws very much. It gives you great options for having a 3/4 helmet if you want, when it's hot or you want to feel more wind in your face; but can quickly become a full face helmet if you want more protection and/or the temperature goes down. The jaws come in and out very easily, once you know the trick of how the latches work (first time you curse a lot, and then you go, "Oh, that's actually quite easy...")

Fit and ventilation is, I think, like most other helmets - you really have to try it on and see how it works for your head. Mine is fine, my wife's is too large, even though it's a small (she has very small head). Ventilation for her is fine; in full face mode, I tend to fog up unless I leave the visor up a crack. I do also like the drop down sun shade.

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was going to replace my Scorpion 900 with the ST1 until I realized the jaw was either on or off, you cannot lift it up. My Scorpion is a Hybred but the jaw swings up. When I want to use it as a 3/4 there are 2 releases that allow the jaw to pop off then you install the brim piece. It has the built in sunshade as well.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wife and I both have the helmet.. for us they are a good fit, decent ventlation, fairly light weight.. don't have the jaws. Basically we like the helmets.