Spyder Garage

Default Pitbull Lift for Spyder

While at Americade this year I went by Pitbull Motorcycle Lifts, and asked why they didn’t have a Spyder on display? They said that they had never had the opportunity to lift one. I told them that it would not be a problem to lift a Spyder and asked if they would like me to bring my wife’s Spyder RT over to try. As you can see by the picture it was not a problem. What I noticed right off the bat is the Spyder was extremely stable on the lift compared to other motorcycle lifts I have used. In fact other than a motorcycle lift table you would be hard pressed to find a better lift. Improved stability is due to the wider support that comes in contact with the frame along with the overall wheel base of the unit itself. Clearance was not a problem, minimum height is 4 ½” and maximum height is 25”. We did bring the lift in under the left side because Barbwire’s Spyder has SPYDERPOP’S Catalytic Converter Shield Set; if you don’t have this on your RT it is a must to manage the heat coming from the Catalytic Converter. I have ordered my lift and can’t wait for it to get here. I spoke to Tony at Pitbull at (731)644-7432 or their website is www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

FYI

Frame strength and construction:
    weight capacity of 1450 lbs.

http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/facts.html

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

I love this as I own a pitbull at I use all the time for my Goldwing.
    are there any landmarks for placing the pitbull under the Spyder.
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    2012 RT Limited Lava (traded 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    2014 RT Limited Cognac (purchased 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Spyder Backrest, 2012 CB and Gerbing outlets
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mspiv View Post
    I love this as I own a pitbull at I use all the time for my Goldwing.
    are there any landmarks for placing the pitbull under the Spyder.

Have you owned other than Pitbull?? Their price is rather; pricey, but in looking over their literature they are very well constructed an thought out.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I do have an RT with SpyderPops cat converter heat shields and also a Pitbull lift. I'm uncertain about approaching the RT from the left, as there are heat shields on both sides. Can you explain in better detail?

Thanks!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

spydee owner

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    While at Americade this year I went by Pitbull Motorcycle Lifts, and asked why they didn’t have a Spyder on display? They said that they had never had the opportunity to lift one. I told them that it would not be a problem to lift a Spyder and asked if they would like me to bring my wife’s Spyder RT over to try. As you can see by the picture it was not a problem. What I noticed right off the bat is the Spyder was extremely stable on the lift compared to other motorcycle lifts I have used. In fact other than a motorcycle lift table you would be hard pressed to find a better lift. Improved stability is due to the wider support that comes in contact with the frame along with the overall wheel base of the unit itself. Clearance was not a problem, minimum height is 4 ½” and maximum height is 25”. We did bring the lift in under the left side because Barbwire’s Spyder has SPYDERPOP’S Catalytic Converter Shield Set; if you don’t have this on your RT it is a must to manage the heat coming from the Catalytic Converter. I have ordered my lift and can’t wait for it to get here. I spoke to Tony at Pitbull at (731)644-7432 or their website is www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com
    Which model of lift did you order?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post

Have you owned other than Pitbull?? Their price is rather; pricey, but in looking over their literature they are very well constructed an thought out.
    That color just doesn't work with my eyeballs...

What does it say??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post

They are pricey, built very well and the platform is rock solid as advertised. Mine is foot powered. Slightly less expensive. I would do it again.
    Duck
    Michael Spivack
    2007 Goldwing
    2012 RT Limited Lava (traded 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Utopia Backrest, Hi mounter tail light, FZ1 fuse box, aux power outlet, CB and Gerbing outlets
    2014 RT Limited Cognac (purchased 5/2/14)
    RT Mods.
    Cup holder, Spyder Backrest, 2012 CB and Gerbing outlets
    GWRRA
    Cape Cod, Ma.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mspiv View Post
    They are pricey, built very well and the platform is rock solid as advertised. Mine is foot powered. Slightly less expensive. I would do it again.
    I agree. I love mine. I used it on my GW and now my Spyder.

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

It seems that my wife lost the left side heat shield or it wasn't put back on when the Spyder was serviced. Called Harvey at Spyderpops and he is sending one out. My wife, Barbwire, has Elka shocks on her RT so the bike sits up higher than stock and clearance is not a problem on either side as the lift support is placed forward of the heat shields. You may need to drive up on a 2 x 4 to get additional clearance to slip the lift under the Spyder if you have Spyderpops heat shields?.

Spyder Garage

I have the Elka's too. Haven't tried putting the lift forward of the heat shield, it suspect that will have the Spyder too heavy at the rear. I'll take a look sometime.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default 2x4?

Quote Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
    It seems that my wife lost the left side heat shield or it wasn't put back on when the Spyder was serviced. Called Harvey at Spyderpops and he is sending one out. My wife, Barbwire, has Elka shocks on her RT so the bike sits up higher than stock and clearance is not a problem on either side as the lift support is placed forward of the heat shields. You may need to drive up on a 2 x 4 to get additional clearance to slip the lift under the Spyder if you have Spyderpops heat shields?.
    I knew if I were patient enough I'd hear the answer to my Q I just asked today. I've got a set of 2X12's parked under my Toyota since I sold my5x10 and got a 6X10 foot trailer that takes the Spyder into the trailer with just the ramp.

I don't like the car ramp idea for under bike clearance, but I suppose it'd work. Harvey said to go at the Spyder from the front and I asked him in the next e-mail if their BS is ok to jack it up - that's kinda what I think he was saying. No answer, maybe his Spyder is sitting on a bike jack hoisting that bike up by the BS thingy as we speak. More news at 11 or when ever I get it. There is room under the BS for my yellow H. Freight bike jack and it goes a couple inches to the rear of the BS. I do have the ELKAS also.
    Tuck

Spyder Garage

Default Lift

Ordered P B Lift and mentioned to Tony we are members of Spyderlovers and received a discount.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder GS/RS vs the Pitbull lift

Received the Pitbull Lift, viewed the online assembly viedo (extremely helpful) and am very satified with the product.

Spyder Garage

I'd like to see some more pics.... close-ups of a Spyder on one of these..........

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Since you can't buy a new Pitbull lift can you give me the dimensions of how far apart the 2 lifts are so I might be able to find something close to it for example in this pic Screenshot_462.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rdav01 View Post
    Since you can't buy a new Pitbull lift can you give me the dimensions of how far apart the 2 lifts are so I might be able to find something close to it for example in this pic Screenshot_462.jpg
    I've seen this type of lift sold under many different brands. They are almost all with the same dimensions. ... I have one from Sears width of support arms is 14 inches outside edge to outside edge. ... works very well, But I suggest you use the " hold down " straps they provide ..... Mike PS .... I've seen these selling for a lot less than the one pictured .....try Harbor Freight .....