Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RIDE SUGGESTIONS FOR AN OUT OF TOWNER

My wife and I are going to be coming up to Bloomington with our GS to visit her Aunt sometime at the beginning of September,2012..We will have a couple days to explore the area..I was looking at the Brainerd area...Is this a good riding area,or is there a better area pretty close to Bloomington?...Any suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks!

Spyder Garage

North east of brainerd is some good riding 6 north goes to crosby then west on 1 then north on 84 to longville is great.

north on 371 then west to the foothill roads is pretty good as well
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Foothills as in dirt or rock roads?....Is there motels around Longville?..Thanks,Seth

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is a link to some motorcycle roads in Minnesota. The one Seth suggested is included in this list.
    http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Minnesota_99.html
    Hope you find a few nice roads that appeal to you. Happy riding!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the list of rides!!...Now I just need to figure out how much time we will have after visiting a few days with our aunt...You are blessed with good riding country...This is when I wish I was was retired and could come and go when I please..

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

We might not have mountains to ride through but we do have lots of rivers and lakes to go along and around which makes for some beautiful riding. Enjoy the planning and keep in touch.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I have thought about this ride..Is it feasible as far as gas stations?...We would start out in Baxter/Brainerd,take 210 west to 71 north to Lake Itasca,take 71 north all of the way to International Falls,cross into Canada,just to say we did at Fort Francis,then head south on 71,then take a left to go to Grand Rapids,then south to Brainerd again....Any pros/cons as far as gas stations,nothing to see,or lots to see??????? any comments are appreciated!!

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelover63 View Post
    My wife and I have thought about this ride..Is it feasible as far as gas stations?...We would start out in Baxter/Brainerd,take 210 west to 71 north to Lake Itasca,take 71 north all of the way to International Falls,cross into Canada,just to say we did at Fort Francis,then head south on 71,then take a left to go to Grand Rapids,then south to Brainerd again....Any pros/cons as far as gas stations,nothing to see,or lots to see??????? any comments are appreciated!!
    Sounds like a very nice ride. Look at SethO's post up above...he gave you some suggestions on roads in the Bemidji and Brainerd area...those are some very nice, scenic roads. There are plenty of little towns along your route so gas stations should not be a problem and northern Minnesota is very pretty, be on the look out for wildlife too.
    --Paula

Spyder Garage

Well,we started out for Minnesota and made it 190 miles and I started feeling bad,very fatigued...i hadn't been feeling 100% for a few weeks,but the Dr.'s ran all the tests and said i was fine..So,we decided to go and take our time..We had to turn around and come home..turns out,I had to have a pacemaker implanted 2 weeks ago...So,we are going to have to wait untill next year maybe,depending on where the owners event is..Maybe Minnesota?..That would be sweet!!!...Anyway,I appreciate the ideas,and rest assured we will make that trip one of these days!!!!

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well,we started out for Minnesota and made it 190 miles and I started feeling bad,very fatigued...i hadn't been feeling 100% for a few weeks,but the Dr.'s ran all the tests and said i was fine..So,we decided to go and take our time..We had to turn around and come home..turns out,I had to have a pacemaker implanted 2 weeks ago...So,we are going to have to wait untill next year maybe,depending on where the owners event is..Maybe Minnesota?..That would be sweet!!!...Anyway,I appreciate the ideas,and rest assured we will make that trip one of these days!!!!
    Wow, good thing you made the decision to go home and get to a doctor . Get healed up and enjoy the .

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

You take care and get all healed up so you can come up to Minnesota and visit our fine state. Wouldn't that be great to have the owners event up here!!! Make sure if you come up here to post so that we possibly meet up with you will you are here.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are finally going to make this trip to Bloomington to see her aunt,2 years later..I see there is a dealer in Lakeville,called Leo's South....Seems like the closest one to Bloomington..Is this a reliable dealer or is there a better one?..Thanks!

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are finally going to make this trip to Bloomington to see her aunt,2 years later..I see there is a dealer in Lakeville,called Leo's South....Seems like the closest one to Bloomington..Is this a reliable dealer or is there a better one?..Thanks!
    not that I have heard or read. best dealers are caswell's in mora and the alexandra dealership. Both are not close you in bloomington so if its basic work leo's should be fine.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

I have not had any work done at Leo's so I am not able to comment on their service department. For parts St Boni Motorsports is 2nd to none.

As Seth posted Caswell's in Mora and Ollie's in Alexandra are the two best dealers in Minnesota in MHO.

Hope to meet up with you and your wife. If interested PM me and we can try to meet up for a ride.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

When are you planning to be in Minnesota?

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are leaving St Louis on Friday, June 13th bright and early...Arrive late Sat or sometime Sunday depending on weather, etc..My wife's aunt lives in Bloomington..Will probably leave around the 20th...We want to go to International falls by way of Brainerd..Seth gave me a couple routes to take..Would be great to meet up with you and your wife...Also PW203STL said he could meet also...

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I are leaving St Louis on Friday, June 13th bright and early...Arrive late Sat or sometime Sunday depending on weather, etc..My wife's aunt lives in Bloomington..Will probably leave around the 20th...We want to go to International falls by way of Brainerd..Seth gave me a couple routes to take..Would be great to meet up with you and your wife...Also PW203STL said he could meet also...
    Well we'll be packing and getting ready to head to the Owner Event in Durango. We leave on the 21st...so if you'd like to see the St. Croix River area give us a call: 612.805.4294 maybe we could meet up for supper one night before you head up north.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I are soooo excited!!!!!..We will be on our way to Minnesota at 5AM Friday,June 13th...(Friday the 13th!!)..Bloomington is our destination for Saturday.Seth,Butch and Paula,PW2013STL have been awesome in helping us plan!!!..Hopefully we can meet for a ride!!!!!!.....

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Safe travels. We are hoping to catch you sometime during your stay.

Spyder Garage

Thanks!...We made it to Albert Lea the first day...Not a cloud in the sky the whole way...Little cool and cloudy this morning though..Hope to meet up sometime too...Will give you a ring..Thanks again!..bob and denise

Spyder Garage

Its been 2 years since my wife and I first started out on this trip to Minnesota...After 190 miles we had to turn back because I got sick and had to get a pacemaker put in.Les,Kathy,Jim,Seth,Butch,Paula were great!!!!!.Now,we have made the trip and are on our final day on the way home...Thanks to everyone!!!....This is my post in the Wisconsin chapter..If I left anyone out,please forgive me...

We made it to Dubuque at 7:30 PM Friday...35 South is a great road by the river almost all of the way to Cassville.We stopped and ate at the Potosi Brewery that Illinoisboy recommended and ,boy,was he right!..Food was great,atmosphere was great,didn't taste the beer,but bought some to taste when we get home...I want to thank everyone for their recommendations and hospitality.....Les,Kathy and Jim took precious moments out of their lives to show us around...numerous others gave us "local secrets" to explore..We got lost and still seen great roads....We can't thank everyone enough..You don't know how much it meant to us..It made a good trip GREAT....Jim was right what he said about SPYDERLOVERS....I'm not sure Lamont meant to do exactly what he has done....I'm not sure anyone could have predicted how great SPYDERLOVER PEOPLE have made this forum....he has created a community of caring people that can't be beat!Thanks again LES,KATHY and JIM!!!..Thanks for the pictures too,JIM!!!..Final leg home tomorrow!!!

Made it home 2,300 miles after leaving it!!!!...What a ride!
    Last edited by cyclelover63; 06-21-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

So glad you had a good time up here in Minnesota...Butch and I were sorry we weren't able to get together with you...may next time you come up here. You are right about Spyderlovers...we are all a great community of people drawn together by our passion for these unique cycles...help is only a post away here...safe travels on your final leg of your trip.