Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Norton

Quote Originally Posted by napper39 View Post
    yiks oh yeh here i am with my 2cents,rember check your battery cable often it vibrates loose,and a loose cable can be a night mare,check your fusess and relays they vibrate loose,and thats a very bad thing.so lets say you dont chsck these things,you have trouble on the road wont run so you have it towed to a dealer they push in the relay or tighten up the battery cable.if you would have done these things you would not have had to wait for that tow truck,or had the dealer tell you i pushed in that relay and your good to go.so do these things and you might never have any trouble with your spyder ever. have fun and ride like the wind. i do.
    Miss my 1970 Comando.

Spyder Garage

Default break-in period

Getting my RT-S SE5 in a coupla days. Trying to learn as much as possible in the mean time. Any thoughts or advice about the break-in period?
    [/IMG]

2012 RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium Metallic (traded in)
    2015 RT LTD SE6, Red Pearl, Ultra Comfort Seat
    MODS: shorty antenna, BajaRon sway bar, Air Hawk cushion, custom LED US flag, custom Sue Hopper painted SPECOPS hood logo, custom Combat Craft Crewman windshield engraving, cup holder, Doc Humphry's 2017 complete RT kit belt tensioner

Spyder Garage

Default Arrived in TX and was greeted by a friend looking to buy that day

After spending the past two weeks and 3500 miles on my Tas, I am more in love with her than ever. I had no problems with her. Well, I just found out there is a better way to fuel her with a different seat mod...and I couldn't make a nature call along the way without people pulling off the road to look her (and me dashing out from behind a tree) over.

I hadn't arrived at the RV resort an hour when a neighbor rushed over to tell me she had just returned from a dealer in Pharr, TX. I kept telling her to just this thread out and she hopped on and we visited all the happy campers.

I never did find out if or what the crosswind component is on her. I was severally buffeted from the right all the way through Utah, then from behind through NM and TX. That low in from California kept me alert.

Thanks again for this advise.

Culpeper, VA-Virginia's most misspelled town!
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank the Lord for this thread!

I've had my RT-Limited for three weeks now, and received a fairly extensive intro by my salesman. At least I felt fairly confident setting off on a 300 mile trip home. I had a Honda 350 in college ( a long time ago) and thankfully had forgotten how to ride a two-wheeler. I have noticed what I think is "lugging the engine at low RPM" when running around town. I will now change how I ride around town. I will also try the not rolling off the throttle when shifting. Thank you Illinois Boy!!