Quote Originally Posted by 2manycars View Post
I started shifting at a higher RPM and found it shifted much smoother. I guess for me somewhere around 3500-4000 works well. I used to try to keep the RPMS as low as I could to "help my gas mileage," but discovered I seem to do better at higher RPMs.

It is difficult to get used to the engine revving as high as it does at highway speeds, but as you and many others have said, the engine does seem to like it there.

I know 9000 is the red line, but realistically how high should the engine go for maximum efficiency in each gear? Should I back off of the throttle at all when I shift , or always keep it steady?

Riding the brake was an issue for me, and now my wife initially, but I installed a set of Seal floorboards and it makes it much easier to stay off of the brake.

I had an RT a bit ago and sold it, and with my new one I am trying to get the most out of it that I can.

Thanks
I would suggest you shift just like on any other bike IE close the throttle and shift up as for the RPM when shifting ? these bikes start the power band near 5000rpm so I shift after or near 45 to 5 the unit runs near 70 near 5 but will run up to the set red line and then the rpm limiter will kick in
Main thing is DON'T LUG the motor let it run the higher the rpm the smoother mine is lunging can place unneeded stress on things best advice "ride it like you stole it"