Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sticy Post

Why this great list of information is not a "Sticky" for all to see all the time is beyond me. I'm always passing the link along to new riders, if someone has not already done so. I have the link on my 'favorites' list so it is easy to call up and forward to someone.

Wonder how we can request Lamont to 'stick' this great link on his web site?

Don
    Last edited by Don in E Texas; 06-14-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Spell my name correctly
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Right or not often newbies at a forum will ignore stickies because they are often seen as out of date. When a thread like the Do's and Do Nots is being recommended it gets notice and kept current and alive. Thus newbies check it out.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TTT

^T^T^T^
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don in E Texas View Post
    Why this great list of information is not a "Sticky" for all to see all the time is beyond me. I'm always passing the link along to new riders, if someone has not already done so. I have the link on my 'favorites' list so it is easy to call up and forward to someone.

Wonder how we can request Lamont to 'stick' this great link...

Don
    Two days ago, I hit the "Report Post" icon on the OP and reminded whoever reads those that there have been NUMEROUS requests to make this thread a "Sticky". I see that just happened. Maybe that's what did it.

In any event, no more "Bump" posts needed.
    Last edited by robmorg; 06-24-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the update that includes the 1330 engin

I traded from a 2013 RTS SE5 to a 2014 RTS SE6 - I had this post bookmarked for the 2013, now with the new updates that include the 2014, I am a happier rider. Good information - already read through twice.

It is a lot of work to make the update, I'm sure - but I am sure we will all appreciate it.

Good to see it is sticky too.

I am happily riding.

Spyder Garage

Default not to belabor this but-

on a 2013 st-l, at 20-25mph i'm never out of first gear?

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    It's normal...

i allways put my spyder in "Trailer mode" when my wife is riding because she's upshifting too fast.

That motor is best around 5000 rpm.
    Silver RT Limited SE5 2013

BAJARON Anti-Sway Bar, BAJARON Heim Joints, SPYDERPOPS Bumpskid, SMOOTHSPYDER Belt Tensioner, SENA SM10 Dongle, CORBIN Passenger Armrest w. cupholder, UTOPIA Driver Backrest, SPYDERFLAP Mud Flap, STEBEL Nautilus Air Horn, TRICLED Rear Top LED Bar, TRICLED, 3rd & 4th Brake LED, TRICLED Mirror Turn Signal, TRICLED Tricfenderz LED Strip, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Front Mud Flap LED, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Amber Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Red Brightsides, CUSTOM DYNAMICS Fender Tips ...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    When I had my 998 I only got into 5th gear when I hit 70 MPH. Normally did not hit 2nd until around 30-35 MPH. Still the same way on my wifes 2014 ST-L.

Spyder Garage

Agreed. Same on my 2012 RTS....
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thank you!

I just bought my new 2013 Spyder RT-Limited this past Saturday and was looking for some practical "do's and don'ts". Your post was perfect. I am printing it out as we speak to read more carefully.

Registered Users GrumpySteelMan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What an awesome resource and a great idea. I am thankful that I could read all of this advice and the owners manual prior to driving my new ST-L home.

Many thanks to the OP and all contributors!

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very, very good info! Has drastically enhanced my riding experience.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donec View Post
    Right or not often newbies at a forum will ignore stickies because they are often seen as out of date. When a thread like the Do's and Do Nots is being recommended it gets notice and kept current and alive. Thus newbies check it out.
    Not with me this was one of the first things I had read and it was some of the best info and I recomend any newbie to read this.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for this post. The info is great. i just printed it to re-read. Just purchased a 2011 RT-S SE5. Cant wait to get on the road.

I am looking for foot boards and hwy pegs Ill keep looking around in these posts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysRT View Post
    Thank you for this post. The info is great. i just printed it to re-read. Just purchased a 2011 RT-S SE5. Cant wait to get on the road.

I am looking for foot boards and hwy pegs Ill keep looking around in these posts.

Welcome!

I bought my foot boards from ISCI and love them!

... I believe they are a sponsor on the site.
    -iSpyder
    2014 Spyder RTS - Cognac

2012 Spyder RTS - Blue (17,700 miles)

Current Mods:
    BRP Backrest

ISCI Hand Brake w/ cup holder

ISCI center screw RAM mount w/ universal holder

ISCI driver and passenger floorboards

FZ-1 fuse block

Powerlet 12-volt socket installed in front speaker grill

Stebel Nautilus Compact Horn

Hopnel dash bags and saddle bag nets

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysRT View Post

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool From a New Spyder Family

Thank you for the information you provide to us! While not new to two wheelers your information has made the transition to 3 wheels much easier and enjoyable!

Spyder Garage

Just wanted to say THANKS to all of you who have contributed to this list!!!!!!!!! There is wonderful information here for folks who have never ridden a spyder before.

I have been looking around a lot lately to try and find the Spyder I want to purchase, but in the meantime I have been searching these forums on an almost daily basis reading about all the mods people are doing. It's really giving me the itch to go buy one, especially with the great deals right now on the '14s.
    Currently Spyder-less, BUT,
    Saving my pennies for a RT with the SM6

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great post

I am guilty of changing gears too early, now I know what I should be doing, I will

Spyder Garage

Default Near Halifax

Quote Originally Posted by Tlauden View Post
    Just wanted to say THANKS to all of you who have contributed to this list!!!!!!!!! There is wonderful information here for folks who have never ridden a spyder before.

I have been looking around a lot lately to try and find the Spyder I want to purchase, but in the meantime I have been searching these forums on an almost daily basis reading about all the mods people are doing. It's really giving me the itch to go buy one, especially with the great deals right now on the '14s.
    Let me know when you do buy your first Spyder. I live in Marysville, and we just got together today with two other new Spyder owners near here for a meet and ride. We were all introduced to one another through Spyderlovers.com.. Great web site and forum.

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Lurking

Good thread. And the first one I've read about the Spyder. Glad it was a "sticky"! (I did skip the middle posts about the older models as I'm looking at new ones.) I'm riding two wheels but considering the switch to 3. These things are interesting and look like fun, plus the wife likes them. (doesn't trust me on 2 anymore ) All my two wheel buddies have now switched to GW trikes (officially old farts now) .......I wouldn't mind being the oddball! Back to lurking now...........

P.S. Can you buy a service manual for the Spyder?
    Last edited by mike5511; 08-31-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great Job!! Thing that I will be using often!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike5511 View Post
    Good thread. And the first one I've read about the Spyder. Glad it was a "sticky"! (I did skip the middle posts about the older models as I'm looking at new ones.) I'm riding two wheels but considering the switch to 3. These things are interesting and look like fun, plus the wife likes them. (doesn't trust me on 2 anymore ) All my two wheel buddies have now switched to GW trikes (officially old farts now) .......I wouldn't mind being the oddball! Back to lurking now...........

P.S. Can you buy a service manual for the Spyder?
    A service manual is available for the Spyder. I do believe you need to go to the web to find it though.

I apologize in not knowing exactly where to get one, but I bought mine online. If you google for it you will typically find a couple vendors; of which most often both will be the same vendor despite the different names.

I would post an ask question on Spyderslovers.com to see if someone can direct you to the best source. Be sure to let everyone know in the post and in your Spyderlovers.com signature what Spyder you own. (This is a big help to those being to help you.)

Ride safe, often and aware!

Illinois Boy

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PRDodds59 View Post
    Great Job!! Thing that I will be using often!!
    After a while you will no longer need the information, as it will become second-nature to you.

However, one piece of valuable information is the download of codes and how to access them. Whether you download the pdf document to print, or subscribe to Roger's smart-phone app you will eventually need to have the information so you can determine the problem's severity.

Ride safe, often, and aware,

Illinois Boy

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Boy View Post
    A service manual is available for the Spyder. I do believe you need to go to the web to find it though.

I apologize in not knowing exactly where to get one, but I bought mine online. If you google for it you will typically find a couple vendors; of which most often both will be the same vendor despite the different names.

I would post an ask question on Spyderslovers.com to see if someone can direct you to the best source. Be sure to let everyone know in the post and in your Spyderlovers.com signature what Spyder you own. (This is a big help to those being to help you.)Illinois Boy
    There are a lot of them on Ebay at very reasonable prices. Most are in PDF format and come on a CD. That makes them easy to search.

Try this search link.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat