Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Painting an 622 trailer

I have found a pear white 622 trailer for 3000, 2010 model that was used for a road tour. It has one place that is really going to need re painting, does any one know what painting one of these might cost so I know what to offer for this trailer?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8 LEGS View Post
    I have found a pear white 622 trailer for 3000, 2010 model that was used for a road tour. It has one place that is really going to need re painting, does any one know what painting one of these might cost so I know what to offer for this trailer?
    I have a jason ION trailer that was silver matching my old Goldwing, properly has more surface area than the RT-622. It cost me $450 for a complete re-paint to lava bronze. They did all the prep work and a fantastic job could not tell any color difference between the Spyder and the trailer.

They also painted my helmet to match while they where at it. If your just doing a touch up then it should be fairly cheap.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

I had a silver trailer to match my 2010 spyder and when I brought my 2011 white RT I had it painted to match. How did that work out? It has been painted twice, and all I can say is that the second time is better than the first, but it is still not right. I don't know if that color is that hard to do, or if I just had a jarhead that didn't know what he was doing. Has anyone else had any luck matching that color?
    Rudy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the trailer you are looking at is truly a 2010 then it has already been painted as they didn't have white in 2010. One thing I would suggest is having some kind of protective film put on the rear of the trailer at the bottom. When you move the trailer by hand it is easy to scrape the rear of it. They use the film on the front to prevent rock chips but nothing on the rear.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cal777 View Post
    I had a silver trailer to match my 2010 spyder and when I brought my 2011 white RT I had it painted to match. How did that work out? It has been painted twice, and all I can say is that the second time is better than the first, but it is still not right. I don't know if that color is that hard to do, or if I just had a jarhead that didn't know what he was doing. Has anyone else had any luck matching that color?
    Rudy

I had mine done as stated above to match lava bronze, I printed out a PDF from the BRP paint company with the mixing/painting instructions and the correct paint code. Didn't understand the instructions myself but would have made sense to the paint shop. I also gave them the left side panel you take off when checking the oil to give them something to match too. Came out perfect, you can put the trailer and spyder side by side and it's 100% match.

They did strip the trailer down, took all the bright work off, took the shell off the frame, extra coat of clear coat, did a perfect job.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default trailer painting

Tina;
    I had my trailer painted and clear coated to match my blue for $400. I'd probably use the $500 figure to be safe, on your offer.