Spyder Garage

Default Summer Trip to Comox BC, Canada - Departure Date minus 2 days

DEPARTURE DATE MINUS 2 DAYS

Getting ready to depart for Comox, British Columbia, Canada. My first real long distance trip with my wife, the Spyder and the trailer. Total distance will be around 3500 km (2175 miles).

Oil changed, new software update done today..I think I am bringing everything I need ! Stay tuned for my daily update, I will be posting some beautiful photos as we cross the Canadian Rockies.

Day minus 2.jpg

Cheers.

Departure Date minus 1 Day

Everything is packed except for the cooler which will get in the trailer tomorrow morning. My wife is happy, we still have room to bring back some great wine from the Okanagan Valley...She does not want to bring back only a few bottles, she wants to bring back a few cases ! GPS is ready, camera is ready...Now I need to try to get some sleep..Leaving early tomorrow morning. Weather forecast looks good for the next few days ! More to follow tomorrow night.

Comox 2012_1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Max LTD; 06-29-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great trip. Ride safe and post pictures for us please.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Sounds like a great trip. Ride safe and post pictures for us please.
    Will do. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Max LTD View Post
    DEPARTURE DATE MINUS 2 DAYS

Getting ready to depart for Comox, British Columbia, Canada. My first real long distance trip with my wife, the Spyder and the trailer. Total distance will be around 3500 km (2175 miles).

Oil changed, new software update done today..I think I am bringing everything I need ! Stay tuned for my daily update, I will be posting some beautiful photos as we cross the Canadian Rockies.

Day minus 2.jpg

Cheers.

Departure Date minus 1 Day

Everything is packed except for the cooler which will get in the trailer tomorrow morning. My wife is happy, we still have room to bring back some great wine from the Okanagan Valley...She does not want to bring back only a few bottles, she wants to bring back a few cases ! GPS is ready, camera is ready...Now I need to try to get some sleep..Leaving early tomorrow morning. Weather forecast looks good for the next few days ! More to follow tomorrow night.

Comox 2012_1.jpg
    Departure Day

What a Day ! Beautiful weather, no rain. Drove close to 600 km and made it to Hinton Alberta, Canada. You will see in the last photo that the Rockies are in sight, tomorrow will be awesome if the weather stays that way ! However, I have lots to clean tonight..BUGS BUGS and BUGS !

Comox 2012 033.jpgComox 2012 043.jpg

Comox 2012 003.jpgComox 2012 007.jpgComox 2012 025.jpg

Spyder Garage

Cool Looking forward to the blog

Headed out to Boise and the Alaska highway next year. Really looking forward to your pics and comments. May God be your copilot and may the wind be always at your back!

punji
    America's oldest city

Spyder Garage

Man, don\t forget your rain gear. Perhaps a set of flippers as well . Hopefully it will dry out when you get there! Have a safe ryde.
    Aspydering Ryder
    subsisto inrideo amicitia

I may not be perfect but, I am Canadian, and that's close enough!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny1 View Post
    Man, don\t forget your rain gear. Perhaps a set of flippers as well . Hopefully it will dry out when you get there! Have a safe ryde.
    Thanks for the heads up ! Hoping for sunshine but we are ready for the rain. I think we will taste rain for the first time tomorrow going from Hinton to Kamloops. for the sun to show up tomorrow !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Max LTD View Post
    Thanks for the heads up ! Hoping for sunshine but we are ready for the rain. I think we will taste rain for the first time tomorrow going from Hinton to Kamloops. for the sun to show up tomorrow !
    Made it to Kamloops, BC yesterday afternoon. Still here..Upset stomach ! My computer only works in Safe Mode ! Not too sure what is happening... Will update when we get to Comox, BC tomorrow afternoon. I have lots to say and show about the Spyder and crossing the Canadian Rockies in the rain !