Spyder Garage

Default Signed up for Spyders in the Redwoods

Well, we got our reservations at Red Lion and registered for the event with the SRA folks. Can't wait to see everybody again. Still trying to determine which route to take this year. Last year we rode out Silverado Trail to HWY 101 and north. It was a beautiful ride but road construction made for delays along the way. We have plenty of time to figure it out. See you there.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

one hwy that I took on my return trip last year from SitR was Hwy 36 to Lake Tahoe. This is a must ride for any motorcyclist...and where my avatar pic was taken. How can you beat 140 miles of twisties from Red Bluff-the 101?
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I will be there. My first long distance ride. Looking forward to meeting everyone face to face
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My first long ride also. I can't wait. So excited. I was I initially looking at going the lake Tahoe route... But... Since I'm in Vegas, that would mean a solid day of summer desert rising just to get up there. I'd rather avoid that, so I'm going through Bakersfield should be out of the desert within 2.5-3 hours. If I leave early enough, it shouldn't get too hot. Then taking 99 north through Fresno then taking 128 to CA 1 on the north side of San Francisco.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Justin, you can still catch Hwy 36 from I-5 at Red Bluff. I am thinking that I might take that route this year instead of going thru Clearlake. Enjoy the ride and see you there!

-Anita

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arr MiHardies View Post
    My first long ride also. I can't wait. So excited. I was I initially looking at going the lake Tahoe route... But... Since I'm in Vegas, that would mean a solid day of summer desert rising just to get up there. I'd rather avoid that, so I'm going through Bakersfield should be out of the desert within 2.5-3 hours. If I leave early enough, it shouldn't get too hot. Then taking 99 north through Fresno then taking 128 to CA 1 on the north side of San Francisco.
    You might consider staying on 58 to 101 vice turning on 99. Outstanding ride but no gas between I 5 and 101. 680 bypasses SF.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is the route I am currently considering taking. The stop in Lemoore, CA seems random, but there is a life sized statue of Bumblebee (the transformer) I'd like to check out while passing nearby.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America