Spyder Garage

Default Wanted: Motorcycle Tour Guide for 7 days in summer 2013 in Wyoming/Montana

I know this is a ways off, but I am looking for a motorcycle tour guide for next summer for the Wyoming/Montana/Idaho (primarily Yellowstone) area.

I was going to post on other cycle sites but realized I had a great resource here. I am organizing a few motorcycle enthusiasts to come out late June or mid-July 2013 and take 7 days to tour around northwest Wyoming/southwest Montana and do Yellowstone and whatever great rides we can get into in that area. We will start in one location (either Billings MT or Jackson Hole or where ever I can arrange for a plane to get us to) and loop around back to that location by the end of the trip.

We are looking to hire an individual as a private guide (tour companies want a small fortune) to lead us on the best motorcycle roads and take us to the most scenic sites over the course of 7days. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please PM me to discuss price, routes & details.

I will post this in the General Discussion and Wyoming and Montana chapters as well. Thanks for your time.
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

You should have no problem finding someone to meet your request. That is some nice country and I have had the pleasure of seeing it two or three times. I would volunteer--but I can't get away for a trip like that at this time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Wyoming guide

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    You should have no problem finding someone to meet your request. That is some nice country and I have had the pleasure of seeing it two or three times. I would volunteer--but I can't get away for a trip like that at this time.
    Wish you could. Yeah, essentially we need someone who knows the best routes and would enjoy riding for 7 days. We are really looking forward to it.
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

I have cruised Montana and Idaho a few times and I am about to head up there again on Sunday. It is hard to find a bad route up there. I don't know why everyone does not live in Montana in the summertime.

Hint: Get a book called " Scenic Highways and Byways" I have been on about half of the routes listed in this book. Then, never stay in a place or eat in a place that you recognize the name of. I have seen some pretty amazing parts of this country, met some interesting people, ate some great food, and never had my organs harvested in my sleep. That is about as good as it gets.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Recluze gives some pretty good advice. The states you mentioned--its all good. The hard part is to find the best stuff for the time you have to be there. Make sure your itinerary covers upper and lower Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-29-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default MT WY Trip

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Recluze gives some pretty good advice. The states you mentioned--its all good. The hard part is to find the best stuff for the time you have to be their. Make sure your itinerary covers upper and lower Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Park, and Rocky Mountain National Park.
    AK, Recluse,
    Thanks for the info. You are definitely right about finding the most/best we can jam into 7 days. My wish list and calendar are not the same size! (I guess the wife is right: Size DOES matter!) Yellowstone and Grand Teton are definitely on the list. I've looked up that book. Is that the one published by National Geographic?
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney

2020 RTL , Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default guided tour

whare have you been in idaho ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WingmanRT View Post
    AK, Recluse,
    Thanks for the info. You are definitely right about finding the most/best we can jam into 7 days. My wish list and calendar are not the same size! (I guess the wife is right: Size DOES matter!) Yellowstone and Grand Teton are definitely on the list. I've looked up that book. Is that the one published by National Geographic?
    Yeah on National Geopgraphic The 275 best drives in the U.S. So far they have been spot on. I have gone to Montanna twice to ride between Yellowstone and Glacier. Never have made it. There ar so m any diversions that I just get to wandering around until it is time to go home.

Idaho (if you are asking me): Salmon River Scenic Route, Stanley Idaho to Darby Montana; Lake Couer d'Alene: others I would have to check my blog. It would be hard to go wrong.
    Last edited by Recluze; 06-29-2012 at 02:04 PM.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....