Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone recommend a good dealer?

Looking to buy my first Spyder and was wondering if any of the Alabama Spyder owners have had a really good experience with a Spyder dealer.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up You can't go wrong with calling Len at CowTown

He's not in AL but he's the BEST
    And can probably give you a deal to make it worth your while

Any dealings with Len are going to be good dealings

Cowtown USA, Inc.

413 Daniels Rd
    Cuba, MO 65453

1-800-258-6898
    Fax: 573-885-3976

037.jpg016.jpg025.jpg
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 06-27-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

I take my 2011 RT S to Gulf Shores Power Sports over in Gulfs Shores, AL. I travel there from the Pensacola area as I do not trust the dealer here and GSPS does all my maintenace, and it was the place I bought my second Goldwing and they did the maintenace on that also. I purchased my spyder in central Florida in Kissimmee if you want to travel there I would recommend Central Florida Power Sports.

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just got off the phone with Len in Cowtown. Should have started there first. Nice guy and you can tell he cares about what he does. Oh, and silly good prices.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    He's not in AL but he's the BEST
    And can probably give you a deal to make it worth your while

Any dealings with Len are going to be good dealings

Cowtown USA, Inc.

413 Daniels Rd
    Cuba, MO 65453

1-800-258-6898
    Fax: 573-885-3976

037.jpg016.jpg025.jpg
    What Teddy said!!
    2009 Victory Midnight Cherry Vision
    2011 Can-Am Viper Red Spyder RT-S

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the world of Sypders. I got my 2011 RT SES at Hamilton Powersports. I really like the people and got a much better deal than at a dealership that was closer to home. However, with that said, I doubt you can beat Len at Cowtown. I have read a lot of posts and everyone really seem to be very pleased with them. There are three dealerships reasonably close to you for service,etc. Hamilton, Cullman and B'ham. I will also add that Hamilton has always been able to get me in and out quickly and I have had no problems with my Spyder that I bought in April 2011 and now has just over 6000 miles.

Good luck and hope to see you at Venon in Vandiver spyder rally with your new ryde.
    2018 RT Limited , Champange with black and pink strips

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, hope to buy one before the end of summer. I did call the dealers in Hamilton and B'ham and both were really nice and helpful but unfortunately not much in the way of used inventory.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

if you are lookin gfor a used one try craigslist. I was able to get a good deal on a 2010 RS SE5 last year and have just been looking an there are some in b'ham, nashville and other places within a 2 or 3 hour drive.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

White's Cycle and Marine, Chattanooga, TN. they've treated me well,
    during the sale and during the services.

please feel free to use my name. they won't throw you out the door
    immediately... Chris and Allen in sales, are good people... and
    Greg, Lauren, Jake and Claude in service, Charlie and Tim in parts
    are all good people.

IMHO

but whatever you do... do NOT buy a Spyder, unless you ride one first.
    these bikes are NOT for everyone

Spyder Garage

Default good dealer?

HAVING BOUGHT MINE FROM BIG # 1 IN B'HAM I CAN SAY MY EXPERIENCE WITH HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT HORRIBLE HAD TO GET BRP INVOLVED TO GET MINE FIXED. THE STORE MANGER TRIED TO BULLY ME INTO GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE I DIDN'T GIVE THE STORE GOOD MARKS. IN MY OPINEON I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my wife and I on our 2011 spyder-rt-L'IL Red

Spyder Garage

i know one Ryder from Dothan that came to Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee to buy and even makes periodic trips back down here to have maintenance done.. he says is gives him a good excuse to come down and ryde with us.. CPFS is the Cowtown of the South.. Thanks goodness that a few better dealers are developing across the country..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I'll chime in on Big Number 1 in Birmingham. I stopped by to see what they had in stock and at the time was a 2012 RT-S SE5 and a 2012 RSS SE5. Like any dealer, they started off with MSRP plus tax, I made a counter offer and they declined it. Fair enough, so I left (I hate negotiating back and forth endlessly). I did call back the next day just to make sure and they still could not give me a price that I thought was reasonable. They were very nice, and very helpful but simply unwilling to lower their price to that of competitors in Georgia and Tennessee. On the day before I was going to purchase my bike, I called them and said I was on my way out of state to buy a Spyder and were they willing to negotiate further... they said no. So I drove to Mountain Motorsports in Kodak, TN (near Sevierville) and bought my Spyder from Travis. If you go there, tell him I sent you (Jerry from Alabama).

Big #1 even went so far as to let me know that while they would provide warranty work and normal service on a bike I purchased elsewhere, I would not be held in the same regard as someone who bought from them. While on the surface that may make a little sense, I viewed it as a threat. I would have purchased from Big #1 had they been competitive on price. The difference in the out-the-door price was $2,998.50.

What I have stated here is solely my opinion based on my interactions with them.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

It looks like some dealers just don't get it when it comes to customer service.

It is good to see that lots of suggestions popped up in favor of good dealers to work with though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red