Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Reliability

My first ride was over 1700 miles. A few mods later and the next ride was over 1000 miles. After even more mods we've just returned from Durango. Almost 1600 miles round trip. All this in just a couple of days over seven weeks of ownership. Not so much as a little glitch has the Spyder had. I'd leave for New York in the morning - if I could.

My advice. Ryde it like you stole it. Don't abuse it -BUT- don't coddle it either.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    My first ride was over 1700 miles. A few mods later and the next ride was over 1000 miles. After even more mods we've just returned from Durango. Almost 1600 miles round trip. All this in just a couple of days over seven weeks of ownership. Not so much as a little glitch has the Spyder had. I'd leave for New York in the morning - if I could.

My advice. Ryde it like you stole it. Don't abuse it -BUT- don't coddle it either.

I'm 3600 miles into this trip right now in some extreme hot weather and the Spyder has not skipped a beat. I have another 2500 miles or so home and I have no doubt it will get me there. Ride it like a rental!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My son and I both bought 09 RSE5's at the same time from the same dealer. Mine is basically stock except for a Hindle Exhaust and a K & N air filter. His bike has all kinds of mods to "make it better". I've been riding motorcycles for 35 years or so he less than 6 months at the time (dec 2009). He has been in limp mode three or four times for riding the brake, low or dead battery and other driver induced items. I, knock on Formica , have not had any issues at all. Other than obvious mechanical or design failures like DPS I beleive the Spyders are pretty reliable but they are not for folks who don't understand the nature of what they have or how to ride it. Notwithstanding the above there are some issues that need to be looked into with the Spyder Line as far as reliability of the electrical system. Perhaps a stronger charging system with a more robust battery? I am sure that in the next few years it will all get sorted out.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default RELIABILITY

My is as reliable as a Rock in 3 + yrs has never left me stranded anywhere, anytime....annnnnnnnnnd it codes every time I ride it for pretty much the past two years......Buuuuut since it runs smooth I don't give a Cr*p and yes I do ride it like I stole it.......As long as it's not on FIRE.............Mike