Spyder Garage

Default REV body style for new spyders? icky!!!!!

I see images of prototype spyders and they have rev chassis snowmobile lights and hood (2003-2008) IMO, looks like crap!!! I certainly hope they don't go this route!! The XP SKIDOOS are good looking machines. Make them look like that if they insist on making them look like snowmobiles
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No pictures??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    I see images of prototype spyders and they have rev chassis snowmobile lights and hood (2003-2008) IMO, looks like crap!!! I certainly hope they don't go this route!! The XP SKIDOOS are good looking machines. Make them look like that if they insist on making them look like snowmobiles
    Those images were early renditions of the Spyder before they evolved into the Spyder we all love. They started out looking like the REV because that is what BRP had at the time for their sleds and they just started out with that design.

I guess lucky for you the Spyder didn't keep that look. Now for me I wouldn't have cared if the Spyder had ended up looking like a REV. Nice looking machines I think. Better looking than anything Arctic Crap has came up with. Just joking, I do like the looks of the Firecats from around the 2006 time period.

7757.jpg
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    Those images were early renditions of the Spyder before they evolved into the Spyder we all love. They started out looking like the REV because that is what BRP had at the time for their sleds and they just started out with that design.

I guess lucky for you the Spyder didn't keep that look. Now for me I wouldn't have cared if the Spyder had ended up looking like a REV. Nice looking machines I think. Better looking than anything Arctic Crap has came up with. Just joking, I do like the looks of the Firecats from around the 2006 time period.

7757.jpg
    Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I thought they were prototypes of possible new body styles. I never owned a cat until the firecat F7 in 2003. I really like the new cat sleds and they do have a similar appearance to the skidoo XP chassis
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES