Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

Default Weather Incident Leads to Meet-and-Greet

The wife and I got caught in the rain today 4 miles after we left home for a ride. It looked like the storm was heading east at a pretty fast rate so I figured we could go south a few miles then turn west into the blue sky. Well we didn't make it. High wind and hail came out of nowhere. The wind was pushing the Spyder all over the road and the hail hurt, well, like hail. We headed for the 1st cover I could find. A small factory off the side of the highway with a covered loading door. We got under cover before we got too wet. Not 2 minutes after we backed in, 2 guys on Harleys came flying around the corner soaking wet and spotted us so they pulled in too. Then about 2 minuutes later here comes 4 more bikes, a few with 2 riders on them. By now it was raining sideways. These guys were really soaked. We had 7 bikes and 10 people waiting out the weather. Good thing the place was closed and no one came to chase us away.

The Spyder got a lot of looks. One of the Harley riders kind of gave it the evil eye until I showed them how the windshield went up & down. They loved it! One of the female passengers asked a lot about the semi-auto shifitng and how it handled and wondered if she would be able to ride one. My wife let them know that she got her license for it last week at 61 yr old, so anybody could do it.

Here's the gathering. Someone is in the back corner putting on dry cloths.

2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

It's always convenient to find a little hiding place from the rain! I have used car washes before, the do it yourself kind of place.
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't mind getting caught in the rain, but, I sure don't like to start out in it. Dale

Spyder Garage

A good outcome for what could have been worse.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red