Spyder Garage

Default To Reno and Back!...Great trip!

Left for reno a week ago and took a bit of a scenic route from Northwest Washington. The bike ran flawlessly there and back, with touring around the northern part of Navada a little over 2000 miles. I was gone 10 days and went alone this time which I actually really enjoyed more than I thought.

Pretty uneventful over all, got stung by a wasp on the thumb while riding, hit in the helmut by a small bird, had a medeorite hit me (a small black stone fell out of a clear blue sky, lol), managed to dodge a few hundred groundhogs and thier tiny cousins, sideswiped a vulture (no damage to either of us) and that was about the worst of it.
    I won more than I lost, met a lot of interesting people and ate great food, mostly chinese .

My best gas milage was 37 but that was down hill a lot of the way. The over all was 31.3, about what I expected since I could not get pure gas anywhere.

Hottest day was close to 100 but engine times never got higher than 3 bars from the top even when stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway for 1/2 hour. I put wetter water additive in when the engine temps were really running high even in the 80's (the summer of 2011). Something worked, lol.

Back to work tomorrow but I really had a great time.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 06-24-2012 at 09:29 PM.