GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Owners Event was fun

Boy BRP can really put a party on. The food each day was delicious. The $30 gift card a big help with gas. The band this afternoon was really good. New friends was made and hope to see them on this sight soon.
    So where will the Spyder Owners event be next year?

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthie View Post
    Boy BRP can really put a party on. The food each day was delicious. The $30 gift card a big help with gas. The band this afternoon was really good. New friends was made and hope to see them on this sight soon.
    So where will the Spyder Owners event be next year?
    You are correct it was a blast, just getting back.I would like to go on record as saying BRP does do a great event and they do have great folks who work for them.I had a rough start getting to Durango due to my spyder being in limp however we went via car,, when the Marketing Director of Can Am (Louis L'evesque) heard i had to leave my machine in Texas ( thanks to myfellow spyder riders help ) he jump into motion by setting me up with a loaner just like my RT @ home so needlless to say the Mrs & I had a great time and look forward to going next year wherever it may be .
    2018 f3t , red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a great time too. It was a fantastic place for riding and the town seemed to enjoy having us there. It would be fine with me if they held it there next year.

And that is great that they fixed SpringCrawler up with a loaner RT. There new motto is customer service and that looks like a good start to me.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by springcrawler View Post
    You are correct it was a blast, just getting back.I would like to go on record as saying BRP does do a great event and they do have great folks who work for them.I had a rough start getting to Durango due to my spyder being in limp however we went via car,, when the Marketing Director of Can Am (Louis L'evesque) heard i had to leave my machine in Texas ( thanks to myfellow spyder riders help ) he jump into motion by setting me up with a loaner just like my RT @ home so needlless to say the Mrs & I had a great time and look forward to going next year wherever it may be .
    The smiles on Y'alls faces told the whole story!!!!! Glad Y'all got to RYDE!!!!!!!!!

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

I agree. glad that springcrawler and Roxanne got a Spyder to ride while in Durango......Ruthie...glad to meet you!!!I had a blast...
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 06-24-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It was a great event! Durango was awesome and BRP did a fantastic job. The food was wonderful. I would have liked to have seen more vendors like they had at Spyderfest. I was hoping to get a back rest and arm rests. Oh well. Now I need a new antenna. Mine got broken off in the strong wind in 4 corners area on the way home. Thankfully that was the only problem I had so it was a huge success in my book!

aQUOTE=flamingobabe;474090]I agree. glad that springcrawler and Roxanne got a Spyder to ride while in Durango......I had a blast...[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Did It Right

Though we've been a Spyder owner (and forum lurker) for about 14 months, this was our first Spyder event of any kind, other than a few local group rydes. BRP did a very nice job of putting on a great event in a great location. As with any of these type of events, the people make it even more special. Our thanks to all! We can't wait until next year!
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had a wonderful time at the Owners' Event...kudos to BRP for putting on a wonderful event. Thanks to George for coordinating the rides. Here are a few pictures out of the hundreds I took..."friend" me on Facebook if you want to see more. I find it way easier to post pictures there...don't have to scale them or post to photobucket. We're headed to Colorado Springs for a doctor's appointment, then headed west to Spyders in the Redwoods...may be heading northwest earlier than we thought if the wildfires keep it up. Pray for the firefighters...they sure are getting a workout this summer. We thought we would be stranded in Mesa Verde yesterday with the Weber fire. It grew from 2500 acres to over 6000 overnight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The only thing that disappointed me was no help in getting new antennas for the bike. Both of my broke off coming to the event. Which I understand is coomon on the 2010s. The service test folks sent me to the dealer but then the dealer said that all the one they had was sent to the event

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

Wal-mart has a shorty antenna that works in a pinch for about $10.00. Use a lockwasher and some locktite.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red