Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Footpeg removal... need help

Hi gang,

Just received my aftermarket foot pegs and am having difficulty removing the pin on the stock pegs...does anybody know how to do this? Feedback appreciated, thanks!

Spyder Garage

RS?

There is a clip on the bottom of the pin. Needle nose pliers will work. Try not to fling it across the garage. If you're removing the rear pegs, don't loose the little bearing. Remove the peg slowly. The bearing will also want to shoot out of there.

Good luck.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

arntufun

I'm guessing you have the RS ????

If so removing the pin is real easy. There is a horseshoe clip on the bottom of each pin. Remove that clip and tap the pin up from the bottom with a punch.

The easy set it the fronts. The trickier set is the rear because they have a little ball, flange and spring that needs to get put back the same way they come out. DO NOT LOSE THE BALL AND SPRING WHEN YOU TAP THE PIN OUT !!!!
    Last edited by arntufun; 06-22-2012 at 05:50 PM.

arntufun

J Vick you beat me to the punch while I was typing..............

Spyder Garage

You were just confirming.

It's not often that I get to help out around here.

RS questions are few and far between.
    Last edited by jvicker; 06-22-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks you all, stay tuned in case I get stuck, gonna give it a try this morning....that thing gave me the blues yesterday and I just left it alone. By the way it is a 2012 RS (forgot to include that in the initial thread)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok, thanks again for the feedback, I was able to get all 4 pegs off and both front pegs installed. However, having a little difficulty on the rear install. I'm trying to install the Kuryakyn Widow Pegs. I actually have the one about 90% installed but something isn't working out bc the peg is rotating and I have the center bolt tightened completely. If you, rather call me my number is 225.326.8745. I'd really appreciate a call. Supposed to be taking a ride today with a passenger and this kinda has me in a bind. Thanks.