Spyder Garage

Default OK....Sun 6/24 PHILLY STEAK RUN.

Look at this meet up in Philadelphia, I'm going. may by we can meet and ride over together

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrmichaelg View Post
    Look at this meet up in Philadelphia, I'm going. may by we can meet and ride over together

Hello All,
    Anyone interested in riding to Gino’s Steaks in Philly this Sunday? If so, let’s meet about 10AM at Geets Diner, located at Sicklerville (536) Road & Black Horse Pike (322) in Williamstown, NJ. Hope to see you there!

Spyder Garage

Do not forget to add that a group in Philadelphia plan to meet their also. When they finished eating. The plan is to take a ride, around the city, Art Museum and through Old City.I read their thread under Pennsylvania groups. I thought it would be nice to meet other riders in the surrounding areas. I'm going and my neighbors is riding also, as I say I hope to see you here

Spyder Garage

Default Nice To Meet Our PA Brothers

Four from the NJ group (mrmichaelg, Geno and Trish and me) met up with two Spyder riders from the PA group -- XLT and Phantom888 (a two-wheel friend of Phantom888 joined us and I'm really sorry but I didn't get his name or handle). We rode to Geno's Steaks (9th and Passyunk) where we met the PA guys around 11:30. The plan was to ride a loop through Philly after consuming a cheese steak sandwich but it was hot (my Spyder registered 101) and crowded in South Philly so we went down South St. and then back to Jersey and home.

We agreed that it would be good to meet sometime in South Jersey and in the Quakertown area for rides in the local areas. We hope to do so this fall when the weather cools a bit.

We had an enjoyable time, met some great folks and hope to repeat it soon. Thanks to XLT for originally suggesting it.

kt
    Last edited by kentompkins; 06-24-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Spyder Garage

I really wanted to go on this ride , I just could not fit it in today . I ve done it before and it's a nice ride and enjoyed the cheesesteak with cheese wiz .

How was it finding parking ? We had to pay $5 per bike when I went a couple years ago .

Oh yea - did you guys take any pics of the group ?
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

Funny you asked! When we arrived we couldn't figure out whether we were meeting at Geno's or Pat's (for non-Philly folk, these two places are across the street from each other). We parked across from Geno's and mrmichaelg spoke with one of Geno's staff who said we could park on his property but only IF we ate there. So, he settled it with no discussion. We got four Spyders parked directly across the street where he saves spaces for motorcycles.

ken tompkins

Quote Originally Posted by Dwanton View Post

How was it finding parking ? We had to pay $5 per bike when I went a couple years ago .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentompkins View Post
    Funny you asked! When we arrived we couldn't figure out whether we were meeting at Geno's or Pat's (for non-Philly folk, these two places are across the street from each other). We parked across from Geno's and mrmichaelg spoke with one of Geno's staff who said we could park on his property but only IF we ate there. So, he settled it with no discussion. We got four Spyders parked directly across the street where he saves spaces for motorcycles.

ken tompkins
    That is awesome you got to park right there . If we ever go we will have to remember to call ahead and see if we can reserve those spots .

Where did everyone else end up parking ? We had to use the parking lot a block behind the steak houses , they made us park 2 bikes per spot but both had to pay $5 , so that was $10 per parking space . We were pissed that they did that , but had no better choice . And we had about 25 bikes there .
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Spyder Garage

Here is one of my pictures. I'm working on the video now and will get that on here soon.
    100_6068.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Phantom posted a nice vid on pa. Good meeting nj. You nj guys got getanos(?) steaks just as good maybe beter. I'll cross the border. Hit the pa post if you plan a ride.