Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default GETTING STALKED ON MY RT

Ok, since I bought my RTS-SE5 in April, I have had 20 min. conversations pretty much whereever I stop. I have had people yell at me at stop lights from their cars asking me what it is. I have had to put a sign on it when I ride it to work saying "Please do not sit or climb on my bike". Then, last nite riding home from work, I pull in the garage and a small convertible with a 50ish woman pulls up in front of our driveway and commenced to ask me "Is that a Spyder"?. She had followed me to my HOUSE from out side our neighborhood. Again, it was at least a 20min conversation comparing Harley Trikes to Spyders, what kind of endorsement needed, steering, etc,etc,etc........

It is ALMOST becoming a nuisance for me now. At first, it was kind of new and exciting, now it is getting to be a pain in the back caboose!! Following me to my home, Really? I am a female rider as well, so I am highly aware and a little skiddish about strangers approaching me anyway. Most times I am riding with my hubby, he on his Harley. But when I do venture out alone, I am almost getting paranoid now. I know no one can help with this, but is it as bad for others as well??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Life as a Rock Star... It eventually will start to calm down... I try to keep a bunch of brochures in my bike that I give out to anybody who wants to talk; sometimes it allows me to shake loose a bit quicker and it always makes them feel as if they got something out of the meeting... After all; We're Ambassadors for our sport!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default spyder questions

my wife and I just got a 2008 rs and we are always getting asked questions, I dont mind my wife says Im a attention whore.....lol I am glad I got the spyder instead of a bike cuz everyone has a bike but not many have spyders

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default stalked as well

today i was hounded it took me twenty mins at least each stop then i went to grocery store and was questioned where do you put groceries on that thing lol. at the gas station i was hounded by some guy with his bikes on trailer behind the truck beautiful bmw and gold wing i asked why he wasnt riding them and he said i trailer them everwhere and i guess he considered me wierd. but in all i like the attention its fun

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I haven't been stalked yet, however, I been in numerous conversations in parking lots, gas stations and briefly at stop lights. Bob's idea is a good one. BTW Bob, where did you get the brochures to hand out? Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've gotten mine from my dealer

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes - this is the life of owning a spyder ..

I also carry flip out pamphlets and business cards to the dealer .

Sometimes you just have to say sorry but you don't have the time right now .

As for following you to your home , don't look into it to far and make something out of nothing .

Enjoy the attention and leave a few minutes early so you have time for your fans !

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Reading this made me laugh because I thought I was the only one who had this problem. lol I can't go anywhere without someone coming up and asking "what is it, is that one of them spyders, or if they know what it is they just want to see it up close and then the questions starts. My friend who rides a two wheel asked me when we all went riding a few weeks ago if this always happens to me. lol He got to see it first hand. Talk about center of attention.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzermom View Post
    Ok, since I bought my RTS-SE5 in April, I have had 20 min. conversations pretty much whereever I stop. I have had people yell at me at stop lights from their cars asking me what it is. I have had to put a sign on it when I ride it to work saying "Please do not sit or climb on my bike". Then, last nite riding home from work, I pull in the garage and a small convertible with a 50ish woman pulls up in front of our driveway and commenced to ask me "Is that a Spyder"?. She had followed me to my HOUSE from out side our neighborhood. Again, it was at least a 20min conversation comparing Harley Trikes to Spyders, what kind of endorsement needed, steering, etc,etc,etc........

It is ALMOST becoming a nuisance for me now. At first, it was kind of new and exciting, now it is getting to be a pain in the back caboose!! Following me to my home, Really? I am a female rider as well, so I am highly aware and a little skiddish about strangers approaching me anyway. Most times I am riding with my hubby, he on his Harley. But when I do venture out alone, I am almost getting paranoid now. I know no one can help with this, but is it as bad for others as well??

Although I have to say your new couch looks great from the back yard.

Harry

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post

Harry
    Now I do not think she was looking for that reply !

Spyder Garage

Default OH GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post

Harry
    HaHA....very funny.....

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE

So, consensus is, go with it, enjoy it, hand out brochures, rock star, watch out for guy in backyard, happens to all of us.
    Welcome to being the kid with the new toy on the block!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by schnauzermom View Post
    So, consensus is, go with it, enjoy it, hand out brochures, rock star, watch out for guy in backyard, happens to all of us.
    Welcome to being the kid with the new toy on the block!!!
    You got it

No guy in backyard though

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'll agree it can get annoying with all the attention but I don't think an actual stalker would target someone on a Spyder for the very reason that they stand out so much.

Spyder Garage

At Laconia bike week this week my wife was on the spyder and I on the Harley and it really became a problem trying to leave. She kept telling people she had others waiting for her to allow her to get away. One guy was climbing under to see how the trailer hitch attached and I laughed as my wife tried to answer their questions. I like the attention. The wife not so much.

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I too have been experiencing the Spyder "rock star" phenomenon. But last night was, ah, let's say different......

I stopped to gas up the Spyder at our local Citco and there were a few teen/20ish guys putting gas in a 4 wheeled beater that had to come flock around the Spyder and ask the usual questions. Then when I was getting ready to pull out one of them told me that I was absolutley one cool mothe....er!
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

as much of a pain in the rear . Id rather be seen than not seen HA . But I... But WE feel your pain !

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Always make potential owner aware

I Tell those looking and asking myriad ?'s...that if they don't love people and ?'s to not buy a Spyder...cause even after 2 years I get the ?'s unlimited and there is nothing like yesterday when a husband brought his wheelchair bound wife up and said "honey I think you could ryde on one of these..." after I few minutes asked her if she would feel safe behind me going around the park...we had to lift her on as she has very limited strength....awwwww wow it was sooooo cool....she was so .. oh yea ambassador wherever we go!!! I personally LOVE IT

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HELPING HAND

God bless you Karyl, you are one of a kind.....mike,max & kiki.....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We all seem to have the same type situations. I am seeing more RT's in my area so I assume soon we will be like old forgotten 'Rock Stars'...

Spyder Garage

Went on a dice run with VFW Post 56 riders last weekend. Every stop I barely got to roll the dice, but that's OK.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am wait for mine to cause an accident from all the drivers turning to look at it!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I don't mind the chatting but when I see a vehicle speeding behind me then slows next to me to video or take pics is a spooky and unsafe! my all time favorite question from people is "what did that run" I reply with"I got up to 45 on the way to the store." When that is the first question that is what I answer with.

Spyder Garage

I'm a Legion Rider, yesterday a few of us were pre-riding our poker run. Stopped for a break and had a guy in a big pick-up weraring a Harley shirt pull into the parking lot and start asking questions, next thing I know his wife had gotten out of the truck and asked if she could get on it. Then he asked if he could get on. She said I could really enjoy riding on here. The guys I ride with said "looks like you sold another one". Thankfully they think it's fun, more potential riders. It just never ceases to amaze me at how many folks ask questions from every type rider and non rider. Went to a cook out after the ride and one of the guys there had a cast on one leg, when I told him it was automatic he said his ankel might have to be fused and he wouldn't be able to bend it, that would make it almost impossible for him to ride a regular bike and this might be his answer to wanting to ride.

Guess it''s part of the price of owning a Spyder... Love it

Spyder Garage

The closest I have been to being stalked is some idiot running across the gas station lot, yelling and waving like an idiot as I was leaving.
    The weirdest thing was a girl climbed out of the passenger window of the car doing 50 mph ahead of me. Sat on the window sill and used both hands on her camera phone to take pictures of me. I kept thinking about how to avoid the bouncing body.
    The most irritating experience was some guy stoped on the street blocking other oncoming traffic. Walked accross to my side of the street and stopped me. He asked how much does one of those things cost. I replied $18,000 to $32,000. He then said for that price I hope you get air conditioning. I just drove away.

2018 F3 LIMITED