Spyder Garage

Default Happy Fathers Day - Give a gift of life

June 17th is Father's Day and Dad's will be receiving lots of traditional gifts they've received before. This year, give the Dad in your life a free coal mine canary.

In years past, coal miners took canaries with them into the coal shafts as early warning devices for carbon monoxide gas. This year you can give him a free prosta...See More
    Making Prostate Cancer Visible | ProstateTracker
    prostatetracker.org More than 32,000 men die every year from prostate cancer; many of them simply because they don't know they have the disease in time for effective treatment. | PROSTATETRACKER is a free Internet service that lets men see any change in their PSA test from one year to the next, and automatically remin...

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Would certainly hope that whoever you health care provider is that they would be looking at not just the number generated by the lab but the rate of change.
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Would certainly hope that whoever you health care provider is that they would be looking at not just the number generated by the lab but the rate of change.
    very good point, I know my numbers never got above the normal warning level (4.0) but it was the rapid rise that alerted my doctor. Visit to a urologist and biopsy resulted positive for prostate cancer. I'M now 4 weeks recovering from surgery and glad to say it was 100% contained to the gland. Early detection saves lives.... Get tested.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Default Something very interesting...

I'm a firm believer in both the PSA test and the DRE. However, I've been hearing that the PSA is falling out of favor because of the number of false positives it generates, leading to unnecessary biopsie, treatment, etc.

I think I'll stay with both, just for safety's sake. They say, any man who reaches age 80 has at least a slow growing Prostate Cancer (the rationale being at age 80, who cares about a '20 year' cancer).

At any rate, I'm still looking for an attractive 20 year old blond nurse to administer my DRE,
    or at least my own doctor to take me out to lunch afterward...
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)