Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nanny doesn't like to hitch rides on snowmobiles; street-driven or not!
    I'll bet that licensing one of them would be a real kick in the ...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    And the NANNY???
    There definately is not a nanny on the snowmobiles unless you consider the rev limiter as the "nanny"
    That picture appears to be the infamous 2003 F7 firecat which are very well known for being lightweight and crazy fast. Many grass racing teams still are very competitive with that motor/chassis combo. That thing would be pretty wild to ride
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMac View Post
    And the NANNY???
    Found another conversion company. www.yav-usa.com
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    There actually is a kit that converts a snowmobile to a street legal trike (similar looking to a can-am). http://reversetrike.com/sls.html
    The kit costs $6,600 I can't imagine what a Arctic Cat 1100 turbo would be like on wheels without the nanny Throw a simple hijacker box on it and you'd have 225 hp on pump gas and weighing 590 lbs
    Kind of cool.....reverse-trike-sls-groton-ma2s.jpg
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    you're right, there aren't too many hd's that can do 0 to 60 in under four seconds. at the next stop light, when they finally catch up, you through out the line "what took you so long?"
    Done that even though I no I shouldn't, but it feels so gooooood.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    you're right, there aren't too many hd's that can do 0 to 60 in under four seconds. at the next stop light, when they finally catch up, you through out the line "what took you so long?"
    We can also beat them in revers.
    Talk about beating them both ways

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

I never get the training wheel comment. I've prempted it.

2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And I like your style!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Duece View Post
    Wow I feel much better now everyone. At first I was gonna yell discrimination but figured what good would that do? All kidding aside, I'm pretty easy going and don't get offended easily. I do agree though most comments good or bad are used as an ice breaker to strike up a conversation. Having way too much fun.
    Sometimes. You get some of those insecure traditionalists that scream "if you don't lean into a turn ...yada yada. You need to be a million years old or scared to own a spyder yada yada. They are hopeless folks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtspyder View Post
    I would have asked him "where is your sidecar to hold all the parts that fall off that rattle trap you're riding"?

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Actually with those kits and a used Arctic Cat in the 9000 series you could get a turnkey trike with 177 HP for $ 16K. Sure it has no nanny but .... in the straightaways that thing would be a total speed demon.

Spyder Garage

I find that with my 2012 RS-S most HD riders like the paint scheme, and I usually get friendly remarks. Where I run into issues is with the guys that bought a Harley for the image and/or to be part of the group. One guy told me his HD would " dust your POS" to which I replied; When do you want to race? I also love catching up to a vehicle with a HD sticker in the back window and seeing that vehicle speed up in the passing zones. It makes it even more fun when I pass said vehicle and get the 1 finger salute on the way by. I do not mind "stupid" remarks, as most of them are just a way to get the conversation started.

I also try to remember one very important thing: When I am out ryding, I represent all of my spyder brothers and sisters. So I normally try to play nice.

Just sayin'...........
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Spyder Garage

When I had my GS and would get a snarky comment like that.... lighting up the rear tire for 20 feet or so usually shut them up....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post

When i first saw your plate in a different post i didn't see "training wheel", i saw "touring well"

Perception is different for many folks i guess
    2016 RT-S SS Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion.TX View Post
    Actually with those kits and a used Arctic Cat in the 9000 series you could get a turnkey trike with 177 HP for $ 16K. Sure it has no nanny but .... in the straightaways that thing would be a total speed demon.
    Even though this is an old post. I'll bite. I'd LOVE to take one of those for a rip. Add a relatively inexpensive computer tune to it and you're at 225 HP on 91 octane pump gas.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://www.yav-usa.com/

You might want to see if this place is still performing their magic...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DR Buck View Post

LOVE the license plate!!

My parents (in their 70's) have told me the same. Can't drive a 2 wheeler without training wheels on it? Yep - you guys never taught me how to ride without the extra support.

Last year I had a kid past me on a crotch rocket and he gave me thumbs down as he was passing - that's his problem. I bet no one comes up to him to discuss his toy, but almost everywhere I stop people are interested and want to have a conversation. "I've only seen these on the TV commercials." My wife says that she loves that I ride the Spyder and I get so much attention - it's less attention that she has to give me. WRONG!
    Displaced Canuck
    (Professional Photographer & Engineer)

2008 Yellow GS SM5

Spyder Garage

No one in my part of the world has ever seen or ridden a snowmobile. LOL It's not that it doesn't get cold down here we did have a heavy frost one day this last Winter.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sounds as if you should buy yourself a snowmobile, and put one of these kits on it...

...You could REALLY scare your neighbors with it on Halloween!

Spyder Garage

Cool

I really get tired of the Harley attitude.

I just sold my M109R Boulevard. One mean sexy bike. A lot of Harley guys would come over and druel at it...wondering what it was, etc. When they found out it was a "Jap" bike.....most walked away. A few asked what it cost and when they found out it was half what they paid...you could see the wheels turning.

Some of the purists will knock they Spyder....and I say....screw them. A lot of us have been on two wheels for a long time and some of due to age and health issues now want 3.

On the Harleys...they make some nice bikes. BUT, I went to a Harley bike show in the local Mall a few years ago. Every bike had a drip pan under it ( I am sure the Mall required it to protect their tile floor).... the SHAME was....they were all dripping oil !

Go Spyders !
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WEB-WVR View Post
    On the Harleys...they make some nice bikes. BUT, I went to a Harley bike show in the local Mall a few years ago. Every bike had a drip pan under it ( I am sure the Mall required it to protect their tile floor).... the SHAME was....they were all dripping oil !
    When was this, in the 50's. Or maybe when AMF owned Harley. I don't know you but I'm still saying BS on this.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    When was this, in the 50's. Or maybe when AMF owned Harley. I don't know you but I'm still saying BS on this.
    X2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    It was about 2 years ago. Sorry....they were.

And I really dont care. I like all models of motorcycles. Everyone brings something positive forward. Same with cars. I have a couple of Dodges....some get into the "Mopar or no Car'....again, many makes bring some neat vehicles to the roadway.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How in the World did we get from snowmobiles, and Spyders that want to be one; to knocking Harleys?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTIC View Post
    Even though this is an old post. I'll bite. I'd LOVE to take one of those for a rip. Add a relatively inexpensive computer tune to it and you're at 225 HP on 91 octane pump gas.
    You and me both. I've only had my trike (2014 RT-S) for a month and it represents my entire riding experience in the last 25 years (2200 miles so far) BUT ... I've already top ended it (107) multiple times and can activate the nanny at will.

225 HP trike? Sign me UP!!. :-)

It certainly would shut the sport bike and Harley snobs up.