Thread: Gauges

Spyder Garage

Default Gauges

Alright, finally got around to disconnecting the gas and temp gauges (didn't care for them). Although the digital gauges are more accurate, I don't care for them either. I would like to replace the oem gauges with digital gauges and maybe go with some nice analog gauges. My question is, does anyone know of a gas gauge that would work with the current system?

Ralph
    Last edited by ornerydog7; 06-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

Spyder Garage

Wow, really !!! nothing, someone out there must have found something !!
    2011 RT LTD /MODS: Seal Floorboards, Elkas, SpyderPops Bump Skid and Block off plate, HMT Brake light, BajaRon's sway bar, Heim Links, Diamond R's passenger armrest, Utopia driver backrest

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i would think that if you wanted another type of gas gauge you would have to take it in and have a new float put in to be calibrated with the new gauge plus the low fuel light on the bike would have to be recal also.might cost more then its worth.but spend your money the way you want to not the way we would spend ours.i can't even direct you to a person or dealer that would do it you would have to do some checking around on this.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I looked for gas gauges a while back with zero luck. Almost no one makes them. Even companies that seem to make every other type of gauge.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think there was anything out there, but had to ask.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    I can't make any recommendations for a particular gauge but the stock one reads full scale (full) when a resistance of 100 ohms is placed between the S terminal and Ground.

That implies that half scale is probably 200 ohms or so.
    Half Scale is where, I think, electronic gas gauges are spec'd.

You won't find any gauge any more accurate because of the linear nature of the float and the non linear shape of the tank.
    The really scary part of what you just said... is that I actually inderstood it!

The PMS is getting to me...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

someone has done it. you will need to find a programmable one. also one that matches the spyder signal. I forget but someone posted the specs you will need about 1 year ago. have to do a search....

i think someone used an autoguage programmable. so you can set the low fuel level and full and empty levels in the guage.

FYI

Clueless
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5