Spyder Garage

Default Auto Clutch Problem

I have a 2010 rt with 8000 miles. I just had the instrument cluster replaced under warranty because the auto adjusting shock would not work. I picked up the spyder from the dealer and purchased the extended warranty. I have the semi automatic auto clutch. I rode a rally the weekend before last with no problems, about 400 miles. Occassionaly, it will hang up between first and second gear but a little pressure on the throttle and it moves. This weekend I did another trip to Delaware and on my way home it would not downshift. Less than a mile from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on Kent Island I could not shift at all out of 5th gear. I had to be towed home 37 miles. Since the new module I have driven just 800 miles and now cannot shift. I now have to get it to the Dealer by Friday. I am glad I bought the extended warranty, but I have to get it towed again.

Has anyone else heard of this problem before? Any tips?

Spyder Garage

Default Recall on clutch

Yes, I had the recall and my clutch was rebuilt. I picked up the Spyder after the dealer had it for a month fixing/replacing the instrument cluster. I have only driven 750 miles since then. Only 150 pulling the small trailer. Today I got the Spyder to the dealer and for the first time a low oil light showed up when they went to start it. I never had any indication from any warning light that something was wrong, yet I checked the oil before it was towed and it was low. How can oil disappear in just 750 miles and why would it disappear. No smoke, not drips, so where did it go? Now is a waiting game trying to find out what is wrong. I think it is electrical because the radio was filled with static every time the bike shifted. this only happened the last 20 miles before it refused to shift. I told all this to the tech. The temperature guage was within the normal range the entire time I rode the bike. I just hope I get the spyder back fixed without spending the summer in the shop waiting for parts.

Spyder Garage

How much oil did it take to top it off?

Spyder Garage

Cool Check the battery

Quote Originally Posted by Chikez View Post
    I have a 2010 rt with 8000 miles. I just had the instrument cluster replaced under warranty because the auto adjusting shock would not work. I picked up the spyder from the dealer and purchased the extended warranty. I have the semi automatic auto clutch. I rode a rally the weekend before last with no problems, about 400 miles. Occassionaly, it will hang up between first and second gear but a little pressure on the throttle and it moves. This weekend I did another trip to Delaware and on my way home it would not downshift. Less than a mile from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge on Kent Island I could not shift at all out of 5th gear. I had to be towed home 37 miles. Since the new module I have driven just 800 miles and now cannot shift. I now have to get it to the Dealer by Friday. I am glad I bought the extended warranty, but I have to get it towed again.

Has anyone else heard of this problem before? Any tips?
    Don't have an opinion about the oil situation, but low battery voltage will completely lock up a Spyder transmission. From what I've read, the OEM battery is only good for about 2 years. On a 2010, you're probably due. My 2010 A/C threw every conceivable warning earlier this year but allowed me to limp home. Pulled into the driveway and the trans locked up tight. Early diagnosis suggested that stator had burned out. Not true. New battery completely solved the problem. Good luck with the situation...