Spyder Garage

Default Central Texas dealers

I am going to make an RT purchase soon and would like to know if any of you have opinions about the Central texas dealers. Specifically CT powersports and Woods Fun Center. How is the service dept etc.

Thanks
    Randy

Spyder Garage

I have heard good and bad on Woods and not familiar with the other, but I have never heard anything bad about South Texas Suzuki in Lytle. That's where I bought mine and the service is great with a very knowledgable tech, Bruce. Good luck and

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Kent Powersports

I bought from Kent and used them for the 600mile checkup and they have been great so far.

Spyder Garage

Jimsta, what part of town do you call home?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Got my 2110 rt a kent power sports in Selma they have done all service on bike and all recalls, I would recommend them over 10,000 miles, and all is good

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Oops 2010 rt

Spyder Garage

CenTex has been very helpful to me ...I bought mine used from an individual but they were very helpful when I transferred the warranty... no cervices done there by me but they did services for prior owner ... seems easy to deal with

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

stay away from cowtown power sports unless you like giving your money away they will rape you plus they arent very customer friendly either,they wont even let you watch the mech work on your bike they close the doors so you cant see what there doing i'm always curious as to what there doing and like to see what there doing in case i need to do something like it but i'm not to mech inclined and chances of me doing any mech work are slim to none but i'm always curious..i purchsed my spyder at north texas yamaha in lewisville they will give you a good buy they have a good set-up never had a problem other then to get them to listen to me when i find out something they have no clue about thanks to this website.in my opinion they should all have an open ear when we walk in to there store for a purchase or service expescially when you got printed documented proof. try to help make there job just a tad easier to fix the problem and they want no part of it,they think were are the dummies what do we know thinking menatality. then they say well we will have to look into the books or website they use and tell ya well need a few weeks before we can fix it and yet you have the solution right in your hands,waste my time and money going to them.now i can tell you for a fact there is a dealership in granbury that is very good and will listen to you and they will even bend over and go look up the solution just to double check to make sure. so depending on how far you want to travel and if you or you want the dealer to do service i would go to either one. but i really would choose granbury motor sports even though they are farther its all about service and customer service/relations. good luck and let us know what you decide.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I bought my RT Limited from Woods Cycle Country in New Braunfels from Jake. (Woods Cycle Country is a family owned business that is not affiliated with the Woods dealership in Austin) Jake treated me fairly and I have no complaints. I had my 600 mile service done there too with no problems. Their 600 mile service was more expensive than what a lot of others on the forums have been posting for the same service, but I think the dealership is making sure all of the service is performed instead of just changing the oil.

When I was shopping for the RT, I emailed Woods Cycle Country, South Texas Suzuki, Kent, and one in Austin, but only Woods Cycle Country responded back.

I hear South Texas Suzuki is good too, but their place is pretty small. It looked like they had 2 mechanics on staff and only one of them did spyders. They had one RT and an RSS on the floor to look at. They would probably treat you right, but I don't know. I did pay them a visit and the staff was very friendly. When I visited them, I wasn't ready to commit to a purchase yet, but I kept them in mind until they didn't respond to my email. I was really hoping to deal with them because they are the closest dealer to my house, but it didn't work out that way.

I considered Kent, but I changed my mind after their salesman tried to "bs" me during the sale negotiation. He was friendly and appeared helpful, but I didn't like some of the information that I was getting back from him. I called their service department to ask a question when I was still shopping for my RT and the service tech told me he was too busy to answer my question and would have to call me back. I gave him my number, but he never returned my call. Between the service tech and the salesman, I was about to cross them off my shopping list. When I was at Woods Cycle Country looking at the RT, I ran into a Gold Wing owner that bought his previous 3 bikes from Kent and from whoever owned the store prior to Kent. He said Kent isn't as good now that it is under new ownership, so he traded his Gold Wing in for an RT at Woods Cycle Country while I was there instead of buying it from Kent. After talking to the Gold Wing owner, now an RT owner, I crossed Kent off my list of potential dealers.

I don't know anything about the other dealers in Austin or elsewhere. Good Luck with your purchase.
    Last edited by bo9roadking; 06-11-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Mainiac;467061]Jimsta, what part of town do you call home?[/QUO

I live in Cibolo/Schertz

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Try Louis Powersports in TX. They were the best price around and helpful.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

+1 Louis Powersports.
    J. D.

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

a friend of mine bought his rts in austin said he got a great deal.,and would deal with them again

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.