Spyder Garage

Default Curious about U-Clear HBC 100

curious about the U-Clear HBC 100 bluetooth helmet communicator. Any thoughts?

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ghlight=uclear

My wife and I use them constantly.

They do an amazing job with no microphone boom in your face.

The bad:

The range on the HBC100 is not very far. You can do bike to bike if you're close but if anything is between you or you're more than 100 or so feet away they crackle and pop until you get closer. For Intercom (rider to passenger) they're great, but we don't use them for that (tried it once.) Look for the HBC200 if you want long range.

The speakers themselves are NOT waterproof. If you get water in your helmet that runs over the speaker, they will short until they dry out. It's happened a few times to us when we forget to close the top vents on the helmet in the rain. Twice they have recovered after drying out, one of them fried for good. They good news is they're not too expensive to replace the speakers.

The good:
    Great battery life. They'll go for at least 14 hours constantly connected (we don't turn them off when we stop for breaks, meals etc.) Never had them on longer than that.

Simple to use. Three easy buttons. Turn them on the morning and ride all day. We don't usually touch them at all after that. They connect up easily and reliably. Same goes for bluetooth to phone/gps/music.

Smallest of all the bluetooth comms.

You can use them without installing speakers in your helmet. You do have to use the earbuds from Uclear as they have the microphone array built in. This means you could wear it pendant style with ear buds with or without a full helmet.

Anyhow, rehashing old bits. I doubt anyone could be disappointed with these.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

they work great. I use them for intercom and Phone with no problems. easy setup and install

Spyder Garage

I know I sound like a skipping record..... but the Sena SMH10 units are fantastic. Most versatile on the market.... range is like 900 feet.... easy to use.....etc.....

And no--- I don't own stock or have any interest in Sena... just think their products rock!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

i have one ... the hardest part is getting the microphones angled right ...sound is great ...love it
    If you lost your virginity, do you still have the box it came in?

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108
    My Mods- Corbin Seat, Homemade exhaust, Kury ISO Grips, ISCI passenger floorboards, TRIC LEDS, Evoluzione o2 mod

Spyder Garage

For those who have the HBC100, what type of helmet do you use?
    Any issues with different styles of helmets

Romney & Boyd

Spyder Garage

Default I use

a full face Bell Modular .... the speaker holes do not line up with my ears quite the way I like so i moved my speakers under my cheek pads (forward) so that the sound quality is better. Be sure to read the instructions and line those microphone openings up symetrically or your voice transmissions won't be good when you talk... a little playing and testing is needed but otherwise a very easy install and usage ...syncs to the phone very easily , plays my iheart radio great on my HTC Inspire 4G ....very decent sound at highway speeds and great sound in town!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redroC View Post
    If you lost your virginity, do you still have the box it came in?

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108
    My Mods- Corbin Seat, Homemade exhaust, Kury ISO Grips, ISCI passenger floorboards, TRIC LEDS, Evoluzione o2 mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redroC View Post
    Between my wife and I we have them mounted in 5 different helmets. Mostly Flipup/modular. Shoei Multitec, Shoei Neotec, HCJ Symax and Symax II and an RF1000 full face.

Most of these helmets have recesses for speakers. But the location is generally not ideal. For the best results you want the speaker centered on your ear and very close to it. I was able to achieve this in all of the above helmets without having to build anything Like stutz, I did move them under the cheak pads in a couple helmets for my wife so they'd line up better. This is true of all helmet speakers.

I'm getting pretty good at installing these things I think. They usually velcro right to the lining. 5 minutes tops.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyD2 View Post
    curious about the U-Clear HBC 100 bluetooth helmet communicator. Any thoughts?
    I have been using the U-Clear for a few months, as long as your cell phone is working so does the U-Clear was just on a bike trip to California and received several phone calls from my wife in Idaho. Reception was very clear and without a boom mike wife said she could understand and hear me very bwell, this unit is awesome very happy with it and would recommend it to any one needing cell phone capability while riding without all the wind noise have only used it as a cell phone receiver not had the chance for the other functions but am sure it will work just fine as a bike to bike communicator.

Very Happy Rider

Spyder Garage

Ty for all the input. Very helpful

Spyder Garage

If you already have your helmet, this won't help you. but if you want an all in one package OEM, the C3 from schuberth is the only one that i know of. You remove the collar it comes with and replace it with the SRC collar.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...-src-system-c3

Intercom is very good, BT GPS is very good, XM from GPS is very good. Built in FM is spotty because of a bad antenna IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons