Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip to the Redwoods Spyder gathering 2012

I was wondering how many from the Pacific NW were headed down to the Spyders in the Redwoods event? It would be fun to meet and ride to the gathering with others from Idaho, Washington, Oregon, and B.C. or anyone elce that may be headed that way.

Happy Riding ,

Patrick

Spyder Garage

Radgirl and I are going. Our plan is to leave our place north of Seattle on Saturday and stop south of Portland; then ride to Coos Bay on the Oregon coast on Sunday; and arrive in Eureka on Monday. At least, that's the current plan. Always willing to re-arrange if there's a group that wants to organize. I can change the mid-stop reservations up through this month, I believe.

More Sci Fi & Fantasy Artwork by me: http://www.CynthiaRadthorne.com

Spyder Garage

Currently all I have planned so far is to arrive in Eureka on Sunday afternoon the 5th and check out on Thursday the 9th. I am staying at the host hotel Red Lion. For the return trip I was looking at taking Hwy-101 to Lincoln City.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's not nw, but for whoever cares, I'm leaving Vegas early saturday morning. Will probably stop somewhere between Fresno and Oakland then continue to eureka on sunday.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

I'm leaving from Windsor, CA about 60 miles north of San Francisco on Hwy 101 on Sunday the 5th if anyone from the south or east would like to join in and group ride to Eureka. Just PM me and we can arrange to me.

Spyder Garage

Hey Radguy,

What time are leaving on Saturday, because I am riding down to the Redwoods too. Also what hotels are you staying at? We could meet up in Tacoma or at the rest stop just past Olympia and ride down together. Also I am going to meet up with my sister and brother-in-law and you guys can meet them. Ok hope to hear from you soon.

Lil Rabbit

Spyder Garage

Default Heading to Coos Bay From Portland/Vanc Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Radguy View Post
    Radgirl and I are going. Our plan is to leave our place north of Seattle on Saturday and stop south of Portland; then ride to Coos Bay on the Oregon coast on Sunday; and arrive in Eureka on Monday. At least, that's the current plan. Always willing to re-arrange if there's a group that wants to organize. I can change the mid-stop reservations up through this month, I believe.
    Hey Radguy and Radgirl, we've got 6 Spyders riders and 4 with passengers heading South on I-5, West of Hwy 20, and South on Hwy 101 to Coos Bay Sunday. Staying at the Super 8 and onto Eureka Monday. Care to join us? We are picking up another Spyder in Coos Bay. Anyone else?

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure on the details, as I'm unable to go, but Spyder Ryder of America - Columbia River Chapter (based in Portland), has 2 groups going. One riding straight through, one taking a night about half way.
    RS - 55K+ miles, F3 - 200 miles and counting.

Spyder Garage

Default Portland/Vancouer Spyders heading to Eureka

Quote Originally Posted by joet82 View Post
    I'm not sure on the details, as I'm unable to go, but Spyder Ryder of America - Columbia River Chapter (based in Portland), has 2 groups going. One riding straight through, one taking a night about half way.
    As Joe mentioned, we have 3 Spyders heading straight down I-5 and 6 leaving Sunday and staying overnight in Coos Bay, picking up another SRA-Columbia River Chapter Spyder for our ride into Eureka on Monday. Wishing you were joining us Joe.

Spyder Garage

Default Return trip from Eureka

Quote Originally Posted by Tru-Blue View Post
    Currently all I have planned so far is to arrive in Eureka on Sunday afternoon the 5th and check out on Thursday the 9th. I am staying at the host hotel Red Lion. For the return trip I was looking at taking Hwy-101 to Lincoln City.
    Hey Tur-Blue, as mentioned a number of the Portland/Vanc Spyders are heading down to Eureka Sunday, and arriving Monday. We are leaving Thursday and heading back up Hwy 101 and again staying at the Super 8 Thursday night and heading back home Friday. We got a "biker rate" of $69.99 there, that includes breakfast and your Spyder right outside your room. Give me a call if interested and I will give you details 360-573-2532.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Dan - We'd love to ryde with the group, at least insofar as we line it up. Here's what I had already booked hotel-wise:

Saturday the 4th we're staying at the Century Hotel in Tualatin, OR. This is just south of Portland, and a little over 3 1/2 hours from where we live in Bothell.
    Sunday the 5th we're staying at The Bandon Inn in Bandon, OR, out on the coast. This is about 4 1/2 hours from Tualatin. It's just south of Coos Bay, so I'm thinking we could ride with the group to Coos Bay, and have everyone pick us up again on the way through Bandon.
    Monday thru Thursday we'll be at the Red Lion Inn in Eureka, CA where the event is.
    Thursday the 9th we'll go back a different way and stay in Grants Pass, OR at The Lodge At Riverside.
    Friday the 10th we'll stay at the Century Hotel again in Tualatin.
    Saturday the 11th we head home!

lil' Rabbit (Bruce) may be joining me and Radgirl on at least the downward leg as well, meeting up with us near Olympia.

Spyder Garage

Default Ryde South

Dan - We'd love to ryde with the group, at least insofar as we line it up. Here's what I had already booked hotel-wise:

Saturday the 4th we're staying at the Century Hotel in Tualatin, OR. This is just south of Portland, and a little over 3 1/2 hours from where we live in Bothell.
    Sunday the 5th we're staying at The Bandon Inn in Bandon, OR, out on the coast. This is about 4 1/2 hours from Tualatin. It's just south of Coos Bay, so I'm thinking we could ride with the group to Coos Bay, and have everyone pick us up again on the way through Bandon.
    Monday thru Thursday we'll be at the Red Lion Inn in Eureka, CA where the event is.
    Thursday the 9th we'll go back a different way and stay in Grants Pass, OR at The Lodge At Riverside.

lil' Rabbit (Bruce) may be joining me and Radgirl on at least the downward leg as well, meeting up with us near Olympia.
    Sounds good! Anyone else coming from the Seattle area? You've got my phone number, when the time gets a little closer we can set up a meeting point to hook up. We stayed in Bandon on the way back home last year, neat little town. Talk with you soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default See You Guys in Coos Bay

I will be coming down from Kelowna British Columbia
    I have booked the Sunday night at Super 8 and Red Lion for Monday-Thursday

See you soon

GasMan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Anybody up for renting quads in Coos Bay???????

Just curious if anyone is up for renting some quads and going for a ride in the dunes on the Sunday afternoon. I should be in Coos Bay by 2pm to check in at the Super 8. Last year when I was in Coos Bay I wished I had done some Quadding. Its a little steep at $140ish for 2 hours but looks like a lot of FUN!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Who is up for a ride to Fort Bragg on the monday night

For us that do not belong to Spyders of America and are not going to their dinner

I am curious if anyone is up for a ride to Fort Bragg for Dinner the road there is Twisties forever??????

Spyder Garage

Radgirl and I are going to meet up with lil rabbit on Saturday the 4th at the Maytown Safety Rest Area (south of Olympia) at 12:30, then head south to Tualatin, OR from there, for the Sat night stop. If there's anyone else going to the event and wishes to convoy with us, we'd be happy to have you. Just reply here or send me a PM and we'll rendezvous with you there (or if you're coming from further north, we'll be leaving Bothell around 10:00, and are willing to meet up with you between there and the rest stop area).

Spyder Garage

Radgirl and I are going to meet up with lil rabbit on Saturday the 4th at the Maytown Safety Rest Area (south of Olympia) at 12:30, then head south to Tualatin, OR from there, for the Sat night stop. If there's anyone else going to the event and wishes to convoy with us, we'd be happy to have you. Just reply here or send me a PM and we'll rendezvous with you there (or if you're coming from further north, we'll be leaving Bothell around 10:00, and are willing to meet up with you between there and the rest stop area).
    Of course, hoping to hook up with the rest of the OR crew on Sunday!

Spyder Garage

Default SITR

Hey Radguy and lil'Rabbit, those of us heading to SITR Sunday the 5th are meeting at Elmer's just across the Columbia River for breakfast with those CRC members not going with us and departing by 9:00AM. Heading south on I-5, we'll pass the Century Hotel around 9:45. We'll take exit 228 onto OR-34, which becomes US-20 west. Then south onto US 101 to the Super 8 in Coos Bay. Drive time without stops shows 5 hours, so we're taking our time and checking things out along our drive down the coast. There will be 5 Spyders, with 9 riders. Don't know your plans, but hope to catch up with you somewhere along the route. Let me know. Dan

Spyder Garage

Default SITR

Dan,

That sounds good to me and maybe Radguy will agree. See on Sunday.

Bruce AKA lil rabbit

Spyder Garage

Sounds good to me, Dan; sent you a PM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GASMAN View Post
    I will be coming down from Kelowna British Columbia
    I have booked the Sunday night at Super 8 and Red Lion for Monday-Thursday

See you soon

GasMan
    Hey GasMan, 9 of us are staying at the Super 8 Sunday night too! Did you want to join Radguy, Radgirl, Lil Rabit, and 11 others heading to SITR for dinner Sunday at the RodeoSteak House Grill near the motel? Let me know so we can give them a head count! See you Sunday, which way are you taking to Coos Bay?

Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default IM ALWAYS UP FOR A GOOD MEAL

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdan View Post
    Hey GasMan, 9 of us are staying at the Super 8 Sunday night too! Did you want to join Radguy, Radgirl, Lil Rabit, and 11 others heading to SITR for dinner Sunday at the RodeoSteak House Grill near the motel? Let me know so we can give them a head count! See you Sunday, which way are you taking to Coos Bay?

Dan
    Count me in

Planning on doing an hour or so in the dunes on a quad or side by side and will have quite the appetite( SHUT UP JOE I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING LOL)

Count me in

Spyder Garage

I guess I am headed down with an early group on Sat. I am headed to Newburg to meet up with John and others on Friday. Then off to Cave Jct in southern Or. for the night. I herd there is a great pizza joint for dinner. Then on Sunday we head into Eureka.

Everyone ride safe and see you in the Redwoods!

My only plan for the return trip is heading up hwy 101 to Lincoln City on thursday the 9th. Anyone is welcome to join if this is along your route or have the extra time.

Patrick

Spyder Garage

Jumping in a little late, too busy trying to close down my desk at work

Wife and I will be heading out sometime Sunday, stopping at father's beach house in Lincoln City to say "Hi" to the birthday grandson, then heading south on 101 to the Super 8 in Coos Bay. We might connect somewhere on 101, but if not, we will catch the group in Coos Bay.

Look forward to attaching names to faces.
    ITZY, Black 2011 RT-S SE5

For those that like this type of book, this is the type of book they will like. Abraham Lincoln

Spyder Garage

Radgirl and I are heading out in a couple of hours, looking forward to the ryde and meeting everyone!