Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Catastrophic OIL SPILL

So I left Kelowna at 6am this morning heading to SITR and at 11am I am 16 miles outside Ellensburg making incredible time when all of a sudden my Spyder is sideways doing +70 MPH on the I90. I immediately slow to a stop with the engine still running.............shut it off and all of a sudden a pool of oil comes pouring out from underneath. I LOOK BACK UP THE INTERSTATE TO SEE A LINE OF OIL THAT I HAVE DROPPED. Now being Canadian with a cell phone in the US can be quite costly so the cheapskate that I am did not have one on me. After several minutes of trying to flag someone down finally someone stops. I call the BRP Roadside number and am told there is a $200 maximum tow and with the $50 hook up and $3.50 a mile I am lucky to get towed to Ellensburg. I get towed to Ellensburg where I immediately call the nearest dealer /explain my situation and that I am Canadian on a road trip and I am told that I am out of luck and will need to make arrangement to get my bike back to Canada as they would not even have time to look at it for 3 weeks and aparently it would not be covered under warranty as its a Canadian regestered and purchase bike.
    So I am now sitting in a hotel waiting for the 5:30am bus to Seattle to then head north to Vancouver and then back east to Kelowna ( A wonderfull 14hours ride)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GASMAN View Post
    So I left Kelowna at 6am this morning heading to SITR and at 11am I am 16 miles outside Ellensburg making incredible time when all of a sudden my Spyder is sideways doing +70 MPH on the I90. I immediately slow to a stop with the engine still running.............shut it off and all of a sudden a pool of oil comes pouring out from underneath. I LOOK BACK UP THE INTERSTATE TO SEE A LINE OF OIL THAT I HAVE DROPPED. Now being Canadian with a cell phone in the US can be quite costly so the cheapskate that I am did not have one on me. After several minutes of trying to flag someone down finally someone stops. I call the BRP Roadside number and am told there is a $200 maximum tow and with the $50 hook up and $3.50 a mile I am lucky to get towed to Ellensburg. I get towed to Ellensburg where I immediately call the nearest dealer /explain my situation and that I am Canadian on a road trip and I am told that I am out of luck and will need to make arrangement to get my bike back to Canada as they would not even have time to look at it for 3 weeks and aparently it would not be covered under warranty as its a Canadian regestered and purchase bike.
    So I am now sitting in a hotel waiting for the 5:30am bus to Seattle to then head north to Vancouver and then back east to Kelowna ( A wonderfull 14hours ride)
    That is terrible news! I hope the best for you and your spyder!

Spyder Garage

Default Great meeting you Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by lil rabbit View Post
    Dan,

That sounds good to me and maybe Radguy will agree. See on Sunday.

Bruce AKA lil rabbit
    Hey Bruce, great meeting you and riding with you to Coos Bay and looking forward to Oyster Run. Lucky you didn't stay at the Super 8 on your return home. All the bikes there were vandalized. Won't be staying there again! Wouldn't have happened had the hotel staff been a little more observant of a transient they saw walking through the parking lot at 5:30AM, then not notifying the bike owners when two of the owners saw this guy vandalizing their bikes and running off, while the rest of us found out when we came out and found the bike covers off the bikes and messed with. Mgr claimed it wasn't their job to do anything or inform us that a crime had been committed, nor that we might want to check for damage or stolen equipment to our bikes too. Hotel staff claimed she didn't see anything because she was busy doing her job! She must have her blinders on when she walked through the parking lot while the crime was in process taking out the trash. Otherwise, a great trip.

Spyder Garage

Dan,

Sorry to hear that the bikes getting vandillized and I hope everything is ok. We went to Reedsport and stayed there. Yes it was nice to meet all of you guys too. And if I can I will make it to Oyster Run.

Bruce