Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trying to find a trucker to ship my Spyder

I am having a hard time finding a reasonably price trucker to ship a used Spyder I just bought. Its going from KS to PA. Been trying to find a trucker since last week. I am currently "on the board", you there are no bites. Anyone have any suggestion or know of a true trucking company that might do that route. All I have been getting are calls from brokers with promises they can get me shipped. When pushed, they can only promise they would work for me. Since they are all using the same pool of truckers, one broker is pretty much the same as another as long as he is monitoring the routes. Any ideas?

Spyder Garage

I used uShip.com to move my Spyder from Cuba, Mo to Durham, NC in early may. Went with an individual shipper and it worked out for me as the. Ike was delivered in perfect condition and arrived about 28 hours after it was picked up. Give uShip a try as many of the folks on that site are owner/operators (there are still agents on there too).

Good luck!!!

Spyder Garage

Try Conrail!! They were going to ship me and mine for a reasonable price from Cleveland to Florida!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Be careful! I do recall a thread here where there was a fair amount of damage to the Spyder... It may have been a "once-in-a-lifetime-punch-in-the-face", but it sure pays to be careful!
    Good Luck and please let us know how it all works out!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

+1 on uship. From Mo to NJ.... just make sure you pick someone with a lot of great feedback...and you can negotiate with any of them or set your own price.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    +1 on uship. From Mo to NJ.... just make sure you pick someone with a lot of great feedback...and you can negotiate with any of them or set your own price.
    uShip.com I used uShip to deliver my RS from Texas to Illinois, a 4 wheeler from Kansas City and a utility tractor from Michigan. All were delivered in perfect condition and within the agreed to delivery date and time. I checked their respective carrier insurance and I insured them before pickup. The original bids varied a fair amount. I negotiated price and because I wasn't in a drop dead delivery mode it worked out all three times - price got reduced.

Good luck.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I had my RT shipped from Southern Ca and used http://www.wolverinetransport.com/front.php and they did a great job. I posted the ship on Uship and had a ton of offers but this company was able to be cheaper and I was more confident using them. There was a bit of delay with a vehicle breakdown but if you cane be a bit flexible - I would give them a call. Tell them Larry Kniess referred them.

Larry
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

I'd fly over and ride it back.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

zrc

Default Me too

I will accept a plane ticket to KS and then an address to drive to and a plane ticket home. You can even time me

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I was listed on uship and got 1 response pretty quick. Problem was the bike wasn't paid for yet. Was 2 days to early. Then I figured this is going to be easy. So the bike has been paid for over a week and zero responses. I ultimately posted on every shipping website only to find out that they are all brokers and are trying to find a shipper, which is basically what uship is. I haven't gotten a bite since that first guy.

I would just fly myself and drive it home just one problem. I'm a new rider - permit only. Not having enough miles under my belt, I don't think driving 1/2 way across the country on a bike I have never sat on might not be the smartest decision.

To provide more information - for fun. The bike I bought is what I'll call the Corbin bike. When you go to the Corbin website under the Can Am section, they have a black and purplish modified 2008 bike. It has just about every Corbin addon they make. Even custom seats they didn't sell to anyone. That is the bike I bought and am trying to move. I bought a few more toys and they have all come in waiting for their new home.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I called wolverine transport but they aren't going to be in this route until after beginning of July.

Here are photos of the bike I am trying to ship.

Spyder 1.jpgSpyder 2.jpgSpyder 4.jpgSpyder 5.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used uship twice to ship spyder and paid very low shipping both times and gotten 15+ bids and pms and not much problems.
    May be reposting would help??? Your old post probably is buried under 1000's of other posts.

Las Vegas to Los Angeles was $265 and Los Angeles to Dallas was $420.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Very nice!

Fully equiped

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

aka1004 those are probably popular routes. Going from KS to PA not quite as popular it seems

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just called Haul Bikes. $989 to ship from KS to PA. $189 surcharge due to width. $30 surcharge each way due to residential pickup and drop off. 28.5% fuel charge surcharge. And the shipping charge is $640. Then pickup would be a week and a half from now and drop off another week and a half.

My goodness what a fiasco this is becoming.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mvivanco View Post
    I just called Haul Bikes. $989 to ship from KS to PA. $189 surcharge due to width. $30 surcharge each way due to residential pickup and drop off. 28.5% fuel charge surcharge. And the shipping charge is $640. Then pickup would be a week and a half from now and drop off another week and a half.

My goodness what a fiasco this is becoming.
    GET the PLANE ticket!! GO get yer bike. If you behave and have a plate on it the cops probably won't bug ya!!! You will learn all kinds of things on the ryde back. It's a really easy byke to ryde. I am sure you know by now that the thing has all kinds of safety stuff and power steering. It better come with a manual!!! READ THAT!!! It has all the info you need. You can do it cheaper than if you hire something to get it to you. AND you get home with it and you KNOW all about it!!! Pack your bag and GO WEST YOUNG MAN GO WEST!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Call John at Unishippers. 316-943-1468 fax 316-941-9719
    He is in Kansas and a big forum supporter on the Jetski site I am a moderator on (www.greenhulk.net). He is probably the most popular for transporting skis from place to place and knows how to get it done with no damage to the machine! Guys use him all the time.
    His user name on greenhulk is 04gtxsc if you want to look him up over there too.
    Good Luck
    Doug

Spyder Garage

Gtrans is who i used on U ship. 600.00 one way door to door. From cowtown MO to NJ. They are out of PA, so if they are out there for any reason they can probably get your bike on a truck. Good luck. They shipped my spyder, so they know the size etc...

john
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    GET the PLANE ticket!! GO get yer bike. If you behave and have a plate on it the cops probably won't bug ya!!! You will learn all kinds of things on the ryde back. It's a really easy byke to ryde. I am sure you know by now that the thing has all kinds of safety stuff and power steering. It better come with a manual!!! READ THAT!!! It has all the info you need. You can do it cheaper than if you hire something to get it to you. AND you get home with it and you KNOW all about it!!! Pack your bag and GO WEST YOUNG MAN GO WEST!!!
    That's how I got Ms Spyder from dealer in IL to home in WA state...the friend who did it for has put dibs when and if I replace...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I called wolverine transport but they aren't going to be in this route until after beginning of July.

Here are photos of the bike I am trying to ship.

Spyder 1.jpgSpyder 2.jpgSpyder 4.jpgSpyder 5.jpg
    Hey Tito!
    C'mon...
    You'd buy your own airline tickets for the chance to ride a bike that looks THAT nice!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To provide more information - for fun. The bike I bought is what I'll call the Corbin bike. When you go to the Corbin website under the Can Am section, they have a black and purplish modified 2008 bike. It has just about every Corbin addon they make. Even custom seats they didn't sell to anyone. That is the bike I bought and am trying to move. I bought a few more toys and they have all come in waiting for their new home.
    Was that the one listed on Ebay? If so, I saw that, and thought about it, but figured getting it home would be a PITA.

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hey Tito!
    C'mon...
    You'd buy your own airline tickets for the chance to ride a bike that looks THAT nice!

I am actually going to give them a bid on getting it to them with it costing X + that hitch

X is gwanna be purty small if I can wrangle a hitch for myself.