Thread: Brake recall???

Spyder Garage

Default Brake recall???

Someone told me BRP is preparing to initiate a recall regarding brake issues. Word is that it's due to corrosion on the rear brake. Anybody have more information about this???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You aren't thinking about the brake pin recall on 2010 RT are you? I haven't heard about any other brake recalls.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Brakes

I hope so. Skreeching brakes are annoying.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    You aren't thinking about the brake pin recall on 2010 RT are you? I haven't heard about any other brake recalls.
    I'm not "thinking" of any previous recall and I don't think any information has been sent out yet from BRP. All I know is what I posted above. I have no idea what symtoms are being addressed, but the person who made the comment to me knows that I have an RS. I know that a lot of folks (including myself) have had various brake issues (i.e. BRAKE FAILURE warnings, squealing brakes, low fluid issues etc etc) and I was hoping someone here who is in contact with BRP might be able to shed some light on it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Where in phoenix are you located? I live in Phoenix as well and just purchased an RS a few weeks ago!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Desert Spyder View Post
    I'm not "thinking" of any previous recall and I don't think any information has been sent out yet from BRP. All I know is what I posted above. I have no idea what symtoms are being addressed, but the person who made the comment to me knows that I have an RS. I know that a lot of folks (including myself) have had various brake issues (i.e. BRAKE FAILURE warnings, squealing brakes, low fluid issues etc etc) and I was hoping someone here who is in contact with BRP might be able to shed some light on it.

Spyder Garage

Default Relocated

Quote Originally Posted by Twiegs View Post
    Where in phoenix are you located? I live in Phoenix as well and just purchased an RS a few weeks ago!
    Sorry. I need to update my profile. I recently moved from Phoenix to Clearwater, Florida. Unfortunate timing. I was looking for folks to ride with for 4 years while I rode my Spyder in Phoenix, but there didn't seem to be many in the area! But in case you aren't aware yet, there's a great group of riders there called "CASE" which has a lot of Spyder owners as well as various other bikes. I rode on several group rides with them and they're a great bunch to ride with.They ride almost every weekend and there's a group scheduled to ride to Durango for the BRP owners gathering later this month. I wish I was still there to ride up with them. It's a bit too far from Florida! Anyway, here's a link to the web-site in case you'd like to check it out.
    http://www.meetup.com/CASE-of-America/

Sorry we didn't get a chance to hook up while I was in Arizona. Ryde safe!
    Rick
    Last edited by AZ Desert Spyder; 06-01-2012 at 12:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

I also have not heard anything about a brake recall other than the pin fix on the 2010's. How closely is "someone" connected with BRP?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I also have not heard anything about a brake recall other than the pin fix on the 2010's. How closely is "someone" connected with BRP?
    There's a riding group in Phoenix called CASE that I rode with until I moved to Florida in April. A friend of mine who still rides with the group got this info from the lady who leads the group and manages their web-site. She's been working with BRP to have them sponsor some of their events, but I'm not sure who she deals with. I've sent her an email asking for more information. I've also asked her who at BRP can provide more information. I'll post any information I receive.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Bummer! Well good luck and great riding in Florida. Thanks for the info on CASE.

QUOTE=AZ Desert Spyder;462514]Sorry. I need to update my profile. I recently moved from Phoenix to Clearwater, Florida. Unfortunate timing. I was looking for folks to ride with for 4 years while I rode my Spyder in Phoenix, but there didn't seem to be many in the area! But in case you aren't aware yet, there's a great group of riders there called "CASE" which has a lot of Spyder owners as well as various other bikes. I rode on several group rides with them and they're a great bunch to ride with.They ride almost every weekend and there's a group scheduled to ride to Durango for the BRP owners gathering later this month. I wish I was still there to ride up with them. It's a bit too far from Florida! Anyway, here's a link to the web-site in case you'd like to check it out.
    http://www.meetup.com/CASE-of-America/

Sorry we didn't get a chance to hook up while I was in Arizona. Ryde safe!
    Rick[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info on CASE. Pleae let us know if you get further information.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Twiegs View Post
    Wife and i are in Gilbert.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!