Thread: Gates Belts

Spyder Garage

Default Gates Belts

Is there hope in the future for Spyder owners? Let's Hope so. We need to let them know our needs. Wish I had a used belt to cross reference.

G-FORCE CVT BELTS NOW AVAILABLE AT LOCAL AUTO PARTS STORES

Gates G-Force ATV, UTV and snowmobile belts are engineered for precise fit with drop-in performance and durability to meet the demands of today's powersports equipment. They are every bit as tough and dependable as OE belts, and now they are a lot easier for your customers to purchase.
    Gates will run an advertising campaign this summer promoting the availability of G-Force belts at thousands of local auto parts stores. The online ad campaign will direct consumers toGates.com/GForceRebate, where they will be prompted to look up their G-Force part number and to call their nearest auto parts store to order the part for convenient pickup. In addition, consumers will be able to redeem a $5 manufacturer's rebate on their G-Force purchase.
    Gates will also provide stores with G-Force sales support materials, including a G-Force logo sticker, a window cling, an ad slick, take-one consumer brochures, a four-page dealer brochure, a supplement catalog, an order form and free belt coupons. To learn more, contact your Gates representative or email AutoSale@Gates.com.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BELTS

I think I read here that Gates is the manufacturer of the BRP belts.....What the cross ref number is ...I don't know........Mike

arntufun

Whats wrong with the oem ones ???? I have a 2008 and the belt still looks almost new. They last along time.

BRP uses alot of cheap parts on the Spyder, but the belt aint one of them.
    Last edited by arntufun; 05-31-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

I am guessing most would complain about the $275-$350 prices quoted for the new belt. I have replaced one due to a rock, and one due to stupid.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red