Spyder Garage

Default Ipod Does Not Work With New Radio (Audio) Module

I had the radio (audio) module replaced today on my 2010 RTS to correct a GPS sound problem and now my iPod classic 80 gb won't work. The iPod has worked fine for almost two years with the old radio module. I know the replacement 2012 radio module has a new part number and seems to work fine otherwise. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas? Did they change the special iPod cable with the new 2012 module? My dealer will be calling BRP tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    I had the radio (audio) module replaced today on my 2010 RTS to correct a GPS sound problem and now my iPod classic 80 gb won't work. The iPod has worked fine for almost two years with the old radio module. I know the replacement 2012 radio module has a new part number and seems to work fine otherwise. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas? Did they change the special iPod cable with the new 2012 module? My dealer will be calling BRP tomorrow.
    The I pod cable on the 2012 is comletely different than the one used in 2010 and 11. I think you will have to buy a new connector cable to match up with the new module.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

On the 2012's the Ipod module is built into the radio, so you have to have the new ipod cable without the inline module.

Spyder Garage

I also think it has to be certain IPOD's not all of them work with the radio. Here is the list from the owners manual
    Compatible iPod Device

Made for:
    – iPod touch (2
    nd, 3rd and 4th generation)

– iPod nano (5
    th and 6th generation)

– iPhone 4
    – iPhone 3GS
    – iPhone 3G.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    I had the radio (audio) module replaced today on my 2010 RTS to correct a GPS sound problem.....
    I've a problem with my GPS sound coming thru the speakers when it should be coming thru my helmet headset. What was the problem with yours?

Spyder Phyl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Stevedfive ... didnt you find that you do NOT need the new am fm radio but JUST need to upgrade the ground strap and (cable from the am fm radio to the antenna) upgraded for the GPS commands from a BRP GPS on the BRP Intercom system?
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Yes, BRP techs replaced the CB antenna cable and ground strap to correct the issue of GPS sound going to the helmet headset. I also had the cluster replaced to correct the PTT delay issue. I changed out the AM/FM antenna cable and ground strap to correct an issue I had with the Bluetooth adapter. BRP tech support was extremely helpful.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-01-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.