Spyder Garage

Default Is it worth the trip?

I am taking a ride on Saturday to Hermann, MO. That is about 3 hours south of my house. Cuba, MO is about another hour further south. Never been to Cowtown and just wondering if it is worth the extra 2 hours (down and back) to head down there before turning around and heading back home (Jacksonville, IL)?

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2012 Spyder RT LTD - Sold
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Spyder Garage

If you need work done or have any questions then yeah, it's a no brainier. Cuba by itself is worth the trip IMHO. The murals, the worlds largest rocking chair, the great roads, the Wagon Wheel, the Missouri Hick BBQ and don't forget Bobs Gasoline Alley.
    Last edited by jvicker; 05-30-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It is especially worth it if you go during Spyderfest! But like Jvicker said Cuba is great place to visit and the folks at Cowtown are fantastic.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'd also say on most days it would be worth the ride to meet some great folks (they're the real attraction). They have a beautiful showroom made of logs and a nice niche of Spyder inventory, but you it's the folks, including the service techs, that make the place! I ALWAYS go see them before you have service done or are thinking of buying/trading because they'll give you a really great deal and attention.

HOWEVER, unless they've changed their M.O., the first Saturday of the month is their day to get together with who ever shows up and do a group ride. They usually leave at (or a little before) noon, depending on their eating/riding itinerary. So, if you don't get there until lunch or after, you'll probably miss seeing Len and others who make a visit so special.

I live about 3 hours away and schedule my tune-ups/checks with them and ride over the evening before, check in to the Super 8 for the night and show up at the shop early the next morning. They get right on my bike and that makes me ready to ride with them when they leave for the group ride. They've even been kind enough to loan me a Spyder to ride the beautiful hills and curves while they were "doing" my Spyder. Great folks - I'm thinking it's time for me to find an excuse to cruise back over their way soon! Even with the cost of the motel room, their service is so reasonable and company so enjoyable, it's still a great value compared to other places I've had my Spyder serviced!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiJane View Post
    I'd also say on most days it would be worth the ride to meet some great folks (they're the real attraction). They have a beautiful showroom made of logs and a nice niche of Spyder inventory, but you it's the folks, including the service techs, that make the place! I ALWAYS go see them before you have service done or are thinking of buying/trading because they'll give you a really great deal and attention.
    Its the people at Cowtown that make the place so special! When you go there, you're family...

GeminiJane, sent you a pm...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

agree the people at cowtown and Mo Hick's bar b que is great

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvicker View Post
    If you need work done or have any questions then yeah, it's a no brainier. Cuba by itself is worth the trip IMHO. The murals, the worlds largest rocking chair, the great roads, the Wagon Wheel, the Missouri Hick BBQ and don't forget Bobs Gasoline Alley.
    Bobs gasoline alley, come on you stumbled on that place and knew you were gona get shot until the guy came out and turned out to be super cool! But I'll be checking out that place in a couple of weeks when I go down for the 12k service, I should go down now if I'm going to make it on time
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Default Yes

Some nice roads and several nice eateries in Cuba plus murials. Cowtown is great for service and they have a fair stock of Spyders and goodies on hand. You will love Hermann and enjoy the side trip IMHO.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question

Quote Originally Posted by vrodrjs View Post
    I am taking a ride on Saturday to Hermann, MO. That is about 3 hours south of my house. Cuba, MO is about another hour further south. Never been to Cowtown and just wondering if it is worth the extra 2 hours (down and back) to head down there before turning around and heading back home (Jacksonville, IL)?
    Well come on down!!! anytime. Saturday the 2nd June we will be haveing a get together and ryde. think we will be going up to the Lake this time for our "ryde". Will leave Cowtown anywhere from 1PM to 3Pm depending on whether Len can get away from work. Every once in awhile we can leave earlier. But I don't remember those days.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    Well come on down!!! anytime. Saturday the 2nd June we will be haveing a get together and ryde. think we will be going up to the Lake this time for our "ryde". Will leave Cowtown anywhere from 1PM to 3Pm depending on whether Len can get away from work. Every once in awhile we can leave earlier. But I don't remember those days.
    I saw some place that some people were meeting up there on Saturday. My wife and I are meeting some friends from KC for lunch so I don't think I'd make it down there in time. Sounds like a good overnight run though. My wife loves Hermann so I don't think it will be hard to get her to go again sometime.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vrodrjs View Post
    I saw some place that some people were meeting up there on Saturday. My wife and I are meeting some friends from KC for lunch so I don't think I'd make it down there in time. Sounds like a good overnight run though. My wife loves Hermann so I don't think it will be hard to get her to go again sometime.
    The MoGang meets the first Saturday of the month (June to October) for a "Meet and Greet" and a Ryde. You are welcome anytime!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'd say it would be worth it.
    The folks at Cowtown are great, and Cuba is an "All Americana Icon" town in my opinion. Great folks there, good BBQ, and some fun attractions (Store at the Rocking Chair was fun, especially those "samples"!). My first visit last week will not be my last. Besides the next Spyderfest, we plan to head that way to further explore the area, and will stay in Cuba and spend a little $'s there.

Spyder Garage

There's a nice church about six miles from Hermann in Starkenburg (or something like that), if you like to see historic buildings--the Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows. Keep an eye out for the snake in the tomb if you go in there, though! Great food at the Concert Hall in Hermann, if you get tired of waiting for the Wagon Wheel.

Looks like I might need to talk Erags into traveling to Cuba on Saturday so we can ride with the MoGang. We were thinking of heading to Cuba later today to pick up our Elkas. We've been in Marshfield all week trying to tie up loose ends at his dad's house before we head out to Colorado via Oklahoma City, Amarillo and Albequerque.

Agree with earlier posts that a trip to Cowtown is definitely worthwhile, provided Len is around. (Wish we could teleport him to OUR dealer when we need assistance!) We told a clerk at a local store here to check out the Spyders there, when he mentioned he'd been thinking about getting one.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Spyder Garage

Yep Saturday June 2 is our ride. We are to pull out sometime around 10. Check Missouri chapters for info on MOGANG ride. We would all like to have you join us

SpyderLady

Spyder Garage

Default Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiJane View Post

HOWEVER, unless they've changed their M.O., the first Saturday of the month is their day to get together with who ever shows up and do a group ride. They usually leave at (or a little before) noon, depending on their eating/riding itinerary. So, if you don't get there until lunch or after, you'll probably miss seeing Len and others who make a visit so special.

I live about 3 hours away and schedule my tune-ups/checks with them and ride over the evening before, check in to the Super 8 for the night and show up at the shop early the next morning. They get right on my bike and that makes me ready to ride with them when they leave for the group ride. They've even been kind enough to loan me a Spyder to ride the beautiful hills and curves while they were "doing" my Spyder. Great folks - I'm thinking it's time for me to find an excuse to cruise back over their way soon! Even with the cost of the motel room, their service is so reasonable and company so enjoyable, it's still a great value compared to other places I've had my Spyder serviced!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the info.

Current Bikes:
    2018 BMW K1600 B
    2003 HD VRSCA (VROD)