Spyder Garage

Question New Elka Shock Offering?

I just noticed that Elka now lists a "Stage 1" front shock set on their Spyder page: http://www.elkasuspension.com/?q=spyder for $595/pair list. I don't remember seeing this offering for the Spyder before but I may be mistaken. If I recall I thought their previous entry level offering was the "Stage 1 +R" which used to list for $695/pair and now lists for $749/pair. The apparent difference between the two is that the "Stage 1" does not include rebound damping.

Does anyone have a set of the Stage 1's yet?

pitbull

......Not avilable yet, will be testing soon, yes another great product from a great company.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    ......Not avilable yet, will be testing soon, yes another great product from a great company.
    Thanks Len!

Please let us know when you have them available.

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    Thanks Len!

Please let us know when you have them available.
    No problem....good find! and yes will do a write up on them once the product is finished and avilable.

zrc

Who would I have to pay to be cowtown's official new gear tester? Or any companies tester. I would be mean to the stuff and write about it, but I would only be honest, that might kill the deal some places.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    Who would I have to pay to be cowtown's official new gear tester? Or any companies tester. I would be mean to the stuff and write about it, but I would only be honest, that might kill the deal some places.
    You don't need to pay anyone, you just have to get a white racing suit and a white helmet and call yourself The Stig!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Price Leader

Quote Originally Posted by pro10is View Post
    If I recall I thought their previous entry level offering was the "Stage 1 +R" which used to list for $695/pair and now lists for $749/pair. The apparent difference between the two is that the "Stage 1" does not include rebound damping.
    I noticed the same thing. Thought I was imagining something. I knew their lowest "entry level" shock had rebound adjustment. Now it does not. I guess this is their way of implementing a price increase and then offering a lower-priced strippo version. I think not having rebound adjustment is a big mistake given the need to dial these in to just what the rider wants. Are there any of the "originals" left for the original price?

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy_100 View Post
    knew their lowest "entry level" shock had rebound adjustment. I guess this is their way of implementing a price increase and then offering a lower-priced strippo version. I think not having rebound adjustment is a big mistake given the need to dial these in to just what the rider wants. Are there any of the "originals" left for the original price?
    That is not at all what we did.

The Stage 1+ used to be at $695 and came with a zinc anodized steel body. The price increase came into effect with the new Elka Stage 1+ products introduced at Spyderfest as we have gone from steel to an aluminum body which cost us approximately 13% more to produce (yet we only increased the price by 8%.)

The new Stage 1 will be our new offering out in the market which is a straight forward shock without rebound adjustment which will sell for $595. A set will soon be tested by Len at Cowtown and upon his green light, they will be available on the market.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    That is not at all what we did.

The Stage 1+ used to be at $695 and came with a zinc anodized steel body. The price increase came into effect with the new Elka Stage 1+ products introduced at Spyderfest as we have gone from steel to an aluminum body which cost us approximately 13% more to produce (yet we only increased the price by 8%.)

The new Stage 1 will be our new offering out in the market which is a straight forward shock without rebound adjustment which will sell for $595. A set will soon be tested by Len at Cowtown and upon his green light, they will be available on the market.
    Good deal....I'll be watching for the availability date...

Spyder Garage

I ordered a set of Elka Stage 1+ shocks from my local dealer and I can't wait to get them installed. My stock RT shocks are already set at the highest setting and it isn't enough adjustment for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Trooper;461759]
    The Stage 1+ used to be at $695 and came with a zinc anodized steel body. The price increase came into effect with the new Elka Stage 1+ products introduced at Spyderfest as we have gone from steel to an aluminum body which cost us approximately 13% more to produce (yet we only increased the price by 8%.)[QUOTE]

Didn't know about your changes. Less weight in the suspension is always a good thing. You convinced me -- just ordered a set of 1+R's from Len for my 2011 RT. I don't think I'd want to give up the ability to play with the rebound. But for those who just want to bolt them on and go, your new line may be just the thing.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces