Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Has anyone been to their dealer yet for the new oil filter and asked the above question?

MikeinGa,

Have you found out anything?
    I was talking to a dealer the other day and the dealer didn't know the whole story. I can't wait till I get my hand one of the them to show to my filter guy. We will just wait and see.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder3 View Post
    Had my 665 gps installed today and decided to have them change the oil while up on the rack including the screen which i don't think had ever been checked. Very little debris on the screen, the two magnetic plugs had some debris on the nipples so they did there job nicely. Also had them pull the green air filter which was dry with some debris in it. Blew it out and was good to go.

THe new filters are backordered according to my tech and BRP is taking back any "obsolete" inventory. I had him install baja Rons filters and amso.il
    I hope BRP in future, will not make the new filters mandatory to keep your warrnty.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Got my trans filter yesterday and there is a huge difference if the two. I've heard of tranny filters collapsing before and these will never collapse with the steel reinforcement. I think it was a good move and I'll be changing mine today.

Spyder Garage

I just received this reply from HiFlo. They got back to me in just 1 business day! Not only do I like their products but this quick reply shows me something as well. I only asked about the transmission filter because frankly, I think the current HiFlo engine filter has more than proven itself to be a superior product. HiFlo may put wire mesh on this filter in the future but it probably isn't needed and will certainly add cost to the product, but will satisfy the customer who wants to see wire mesh like the OEM filters and give the perception that the product has been 'Improved'.

Ron

We are aware of the change and are working on producing new filters (our understanding is that the engine oil filter may change as well).

We are looking at the new OE filters now and should be ready to produce our versions of the new filters in the next couple of months.

Please check our web site for the updated filters or contact me again in 4 to 5 weeks and I should be able to give you a progress update.

Regards,

Richard

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

will they swap out your inventory? BRP is taking dealer inventory back according to my tech.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

will they swap out your inventory? BRP is taking dealer inventory back according to my tech.
    If BRP is backordered on these new filters it doesn't sound like a great idea to turn your current inventory back. That's going to make oil changes a bit of a challange!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    If BRP is backordered on these new filters it doesn't sound like a great idea to turn your current inventory back. That's going to make oil changes a bit of a challange!

Yeah, he said they were boxed up and ready to go out when they were told the new ones were backordered . BYO and no worries.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Yeah, he said they were boxed up and ready to go out when they were told the new ones were backordered . BYO and no worries.
    Mine had the new ones in stock with the old ones already out the door. Could it be a regional thing or what?
    2017 F3 Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aklim View Post
    Mine had the new ones in stock with the old ones already out the door. Could it be a regional thing or what?

Don't know, but i'm impressed that some of the dealers actually new about the new filters...
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Don't know, but i'm impressed that some of the dealers actually new about the new filters...
    And a couple didn't. Couldn't find it either. Those jerks probably couldn't find their ass if you kicked them in it.
    2017 F3 Limited , White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

600 mile service is due and scheduled for next wednesday, but deal does not use or know anything about new filter, before you ask is a plantnum dealer (hicklin powersports) now why dose BRP not contat dealers with new and updated info. I would think all plantnum dealers would have the info. and filters changed out all ready.

Spyder Garage

I've used Hiflow since the 600 change and have 5 sets on hand. I've laid the used ones out to drain and then then examined them thoroughly and there was not obvious debris in the pleats and holding a section of pleat up to a light you could see light coming thru. My feeliing is these are superb filters and I have no intention of changing till I've used up what I have on hand, or Hiflo comes out with the replacements.

It would be useful to know what other bikes use the RTSE transmission and motor filter so that anyone with excess on hand can put them on Ebay for sale.

Does anyone have this info?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QTSPYDER View Post
    600 mile service is due and scheduled for next wednesday, but deal does not use or know anything about new filter, before you ask is a plantnum dealer (hicklin powersports) now why dose BRP not contat dealers with new and updated info. I would think all plantnum dealers would have the info. and filters changed out all ready.
    Sure, you tell me something, I put the paper in a file and look at it later. BRP cannot simply come running to each dealer and demand the old filters back and do a 1 to 1 exchange. My dealer got the mail, boxed up their old stuff and sent it out. Some will not bother as much.
    2017 F3 Limited , White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aklim View Post
    Sure, you tell me something, I put the paper in a file and look at it later. BRP cannot simply come running to each dealer and demand the old filters back and do a 1 to 1 exchange. My dealer got the mail, boxed up their old stuff and sent it out. Some will not bother as much.
    Is this english, So our you saying BRP can not inform thier dealers of changes because that would be to much work? What... Each dealer should of been sent at least one to see, also I am wondering if my 2012 might already have the new filters. It is only a month old.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Got my trans filter yesterday and there is a huge difference if the two. I think it was a good move and I'll be changing mine today.
    I know you have modified the pillar for easy access, but can you relay how much less clearance there will be with the new filter housing. I don't have much left to cut from the allen wrench to get in there

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QTSPYDER View Post
    Is this english, So our you saying BRP can not inform thier dealers of changes because that would be to much work? What...

Each dealer should of been sent at least one to see, also I am wondering if my 2012 might already have the new filters. It is only a month old.
    Sorry, hard to write sometimes after a few drinks. I'm saying BRP can inform the dealer but if the dealer files the notice away for future times, there isn't much BRP can do. BRP sends them a letter and if they don't read it, well......

No they do not. I have a 2012 and it does NOT have it since it only came out a couple weeks ago. Besides, I have the new filters and the SE5 filter housing is definitely smaller than the new one.
    2017 F3 Limited , White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 5 Quart Oil Change

I notice my dealer charged me for 5 quarts on both my 600 and 3000 mile services. I also see that the Can-Am oil change kit comes with 4 quarts. What gives?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyrog View Post
    I notice my dealer charged me for 5 quarts on both my 600 and 3000 mile services. I also see that the Can-Am oil change kit comes with 4 quarts. What gives?
    It takes 4+ quarts to fill. He should have given you the balance to take with you for topping off when/if needed.
    Last edited by spyder3; 06-18-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

10.57 gallons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So if I buy the Can-Am kit I also need to buy an extra quart or does the kit contain 4.??? quarts? If the kit has everything you need to complete an oil change except the correct amount of oil why don't they tell you that? Seems odd?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyrog View Post
    So if I buy the Can-Am kit I also need to buy an extra quart or does the kit contain 4.??? quarts? If the kit has everything you need to complete an oil change except the correct amount of oil why don't they tell you that? Seems odd?
    Well, if you don't mind going "OH SH1T!!! I need just another C*** Hair more!!", stick with the kit. You will need at least that much and it doesn't hurt to have a little more around especially since you need more for the filter. The shop always has oil around to top off.
    2017 F3 Limited , White