Thread: Battery

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Battery

New poster here, but, have on other forums for other bike. 09 Gs I believe it is. Battery is dead and going to replace it. I am hearing the odyssey PC680 is a good replacement. Also, where the heck is the batt and how do I get to it. I am assuming body panels need to be removed.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Can't beat this one with a stick...25 Amp...2 yr warranty...cranking power plus...
    http://www.amazon.com/MotoBatt-MBTX2.../dp/B0042PMWCI

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know my RTS battery is underneath the seat. Not sure about the RS. Others on the board will have that answer. Dale

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm a big fan of the Odyssey PC-680. I gave the original Yuasa battery to the mechanic that put my 2010 RT together and had him install a PC-680 that I furnished. I've had really good luck with Odysseys. Had one that lasted over 7 years on a BMW and that's the longest by far that a battery ever lasted me on a bike. Here's a link to one on the net with free shipping. You might be able to beat the price if you search a little but be sure to include shipping in the price. Also, be sure to put a full charge on any battery before you install it. That can make a huge difference in battery life.

http://www.batterymart.com/p--odysse...FeZgTAodelGx2g

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Default Battery on 09 GS

I too have a 2009 GS. One of the first adventures I had was an issue with battery going what I thought was dead. It wasn't, still going strong.

The battery is located under the seat about where the passenger foot pegs are. I hope you have your owners manual. It will explain how to remove the body panels on the left side of . Not difficult, just a little time consuming the first couple of times you have to do it.

When I put my OEM battery back in its place, it had tested OK, I attached the plug-in pig tail that came with my Battery Tender Jr and fed it through the positive jumper terminal space under the seat. Now when I put the up for the day or however, I lift the seat, plug the battery tender in and switch it on. That way I'm good to go whenever the need to ride strikes.
    2009 GS SE5 Silver

Spyder Garage

Also, if you sign up for their news letter Here before ordering you get 10% off, they will email you a code.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Odyssey PC-680. I gave the original Yuasa battery to the mechanic that put my 2010 RT together and had him install a PC-680 that I furnished. I've had really good luck with Odysseys. Had one that lasted over 7 years on a BMW and that's the longest by far that a battery ever lasted me on a bike. Here's a link to one on the net with free shipping. You might be able to beat the price if you search a little but be sure to include shipping in the price. Also, be sure to put a full charge on any battery before you install it. That can make a huge difference in battery life.

Cotton
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Cotton
    It says 16 AH- Stock is 21 AH? Make a difference?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Strongest Batteries for their size.

MotoBatt Batteries have higher amps in any size you need. Same size with more power and reserve than others.

http://motobatt.com/

arntufun

Since you asked the question where the battery is, click link on the bottom of my post and it will take you to a thread with videos that will show you where the battery is and also it will show you how to install a battery tender further down the thread. Be patient because the thread takes about 30 seconds to load.

Spyder Garage

How about getting a RT so you can make some videos to help us out with our RT's?

Spyder Garage

Default CanAm Spyder Battery 24 A/H

As stated MotoBatt always rate higher for the same size unit. I wouldn't degrade the electrical system with a lower rated battery. From what I have read here the electronics don't respond well to low voltage conditions.

http://www.impactbattery.com/motobatt-mbtx24u.html
    Last edited by cearley; 06-18-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default THANK YOU ALL!!!!

THANK YOU ALL for the GREAT RESPONSES!!!!!
    Bikers are the best no matter what they ride!!!!! It's nice to see the Bombardier engineers didn't change the ease of access or the battery from the Sea Doo to the Spyder. It would be nice if they learned a little from Honda or another bike manufacturer on ease of access.
    ANYWAY, I am off to find a battery today. One tip for you guys, make sure you watch the rookie rider you let take her for a ride when they get back, turn the key OFF. I ASS u MED. Not a good thing.
    GREAT VIDEOS that I will bookmark for future ref.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THANKS FOLKS and SAFE RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll see you on the road.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cotton
    Thanks Cotton!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black