Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Just my luck, i bought a week ago

Sent by morse code from a hidden bunker
    Breaker . . . . .Breaker 19. . . . . .Cruzr Joe Give me a call n I'll see what I can do.

Dave R.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Mine have been on ALL summer and are showing some wear on the left hand while the throttle hand is perfect?
    I,m not concerned as I will be putting my Oxford Hot Hands on in another month for the winter and buy the Newest Pair of Buddies in the spring.
    Sarge707-

If you're OK. . . . . .I'm OK. . . . .otherwise call me.

Dave R.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Wow! Lots to digest here. But to echo others, this is a great site with wonderful caring people willing to help when the need arises. It may seem that Lamont rules with an iron fist (well, at least riding glove clad) but this is his baby and I for one support him 100%
    Administering a forum like SpyderLovers is not an easy job...You have to deal with all sorts of personalities/issues not to mention the humerous hours it takes to do so...Lamont does a fantastic job and he cares...Hats off to him....
    Last edited by Littlebadwolf; 09-14-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Grip Buddies work!

I got mine about a month ago and at first I worried that they made the grips too large for my hands, but they have actually helped me relax my grip and I no longer have numbness in my left hand like I used to. Now that the nanny has started talking to me regularly too, I can say that even with some aggressive driving they haven't shifted or moved. I'm a pretty happy camper.
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default THE SUPER SHARKS ARE HERE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    I got mine about a month ago and at first I worried that they made the grips too large for my hands, but they have actually helped me relax my grip and I no longer have numbness in my left hand like I used to. Now that the nanny has started talking to me regularly too, I can say that even with some aggressive driving they haven't shifted or moved. I'm a pretty happy camper.
    I'm happy to Officially Announce:

THE SUPER SHARKSKINS ARE HERE ! ! ! ! !

Well guys. . . . .I am now shipping SUPER SHARKSKINS when you order as usual on my site. Even though I haven't made the changes on my website yet, we are crafting and shipping the SS's whenever someone orders a set of grips from us. Same $24.95 price/set with free shipping CONUS. Also, even though the upgrades resulted in higher production costs to us to fabricate and sell our new SS model, we are still holding the line, presently, on the $24.95/set price.

You gotta see and feel these things guys!!! Even though they look the same as the original sharkskins, you will love their more substantial feel and livability. With the particularly aggressive style of riding often required of Spyder drivers, these new SUPER SHARKSKINS are a real asset. Virtually everyone who has tested these, reports that they combine all of the advantages of both the Originals and the Extreme Duties. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .and then some!!!

ORDER THEM HERE

Special Thanks to everyone here who contributed suggestions as to how we could improve on our existing best seller, the Sharkskins. Honestly, The idea for the SUPER SHARKSKINS grew out of helpful and constructive suggestions made by folks here on this forum, and on other forums.

Thanks again to everyone!

Best,

Dave Reppert
    Founder
    Original Grip Buddies, LLC
    518-461-3003
    Last edited by Adirondackjack; 10-18-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Anonymous Donates so Original Grip Buddies Can Become a Sponsor

Dave,

I'm really happy with my OGBs (even though I've only put about 1500 miles on them).

I use them with and without gloves. It hasn't gotten rid of my death grip, but it has greatly reduced it. Much more comfortable than stock. Thanks!
    ----
    2011 Spyder RT-S

Spyder Garage

Is there a picture of the Shark, Super Shark? How do they differ?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Is there a picture of the Shark, Super Shark? How do they differ?
    Sarge707-

I'd be happy to post a pic if you like, but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the SS's and the Original Sharkskins. They are both the same thickness. They both have continuous unbroken loop on the back, with an industrial strip of hook with a 220 F degree-rated glue backing sewed on, and they both have an embossed rubber surface which looks identical.The difference is in the formulation of the rubber compound of the neoprene. Neoprene is created by baking a rubber foam into a cake, then sliced thinly in sheets. What we have done is to go back to the basic formulation and put way more pure rubber from trees into the formula, resulting in a denser, more substantial, more UV-protected, closed cell foam. We have been able to retain all of the comfort and vibration damping effects of the originals, while improving the durability and extending the life of our grips. I believe the result (for our application) is spectacular.

The moment when you are able to tell the difference in the two different models (old vs. new) is when you can actually feel them in your hands and put them on your bike and experience a greater sense of "substantialness", for lack of a better word. In other words, "ya gotta be there, that's all". Needless to say. . . . .we have done many comprehensive adverse tests on them, and they continue to astound us with their great performance.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Dave R.
    Last edited by Adirondackjack; 09-17-2012 at 10:13 PM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
    Congrats and welcome I am glad to see they will work with heated grips. Are these slip on or are they wrap around?
    They are wrap around....and are an amazing product....heated grips still work..as promised

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydrluvr View Post
    They are wrap around....and are an amazing product....heated grips still work..as promised
    And just to add a quick note. . . . .the SUPER SHARKSKINS are every bit as good as the originals, and you will find that they are more durable and longer lasting, as well.

spydrluvr-

Thanks for the nice endorsement.

Best,

Dave R.
    Last edited by Adirondackjack; 10-18-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    vondalyn-

On re-reading this thread, I realized I never responded to your nice post. Sorry about that.
    What is important about your post is that you have identified the single most hidden (but significant) feature about the OGB's. . . . . . .namely that they increase comfort and SAFETY by de-emphasizing and decreasing the tendency for the user to employ the "deathgrip". . . . . . .especially with our new model: the SUPER SHARKSKINS.

Thank you for your very insightful and useful comment!

Best,

Dave R.