Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Mine showed up today also. Will test them tomorrow to see it they help my hands/wrist any.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Mine came today. Now all I need is for the dealer to give me my bike back so I can put them on.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Got mine in the mail - FAST - and install was very easy! They do make a difference over the stock only grip feel.
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips

Spyder Garage

Had good chance to try mine after having the Grip Puppies for the last year.
    1- Much better looking than the foam Grip Puppy.
    2- I love the feel with them- I do have big hands .
    3- Fits perfect and great quality of material- What more can you ask for?
    Grip Puppies are about $18 with shipping and the Original Grip Buddy is $25 which includes shipping!
    It a No Brainer to me- Grip Buddies all the way!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Pleased with mine. My glove size is xxx/large. If you like a fat, soft, grip, you should like these. Personally I found them very comfortable. I can see where they could cause a grip squeezer difficulties, because the diameter change would be working a new range of their hand mussels.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

I'm still up in the air about the grips for my hands. With self diagnosed KT in both hands, they might make the grips a bit too thick for me. I was very sore after a few hundred miles, but still trying them out. The grips themselves are comfy but maybe not for my hands.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Ordered mine last Saturday and got them Wednesday... installed them today in the garage, took 5 minutes. They feel good and don't look bad either.. I have small(ish) hands and always wear light deerskin gloves but these don't make the grips feel too large for me... will road test later.. so far I am very pleased with the purchase and quick service...
    Last edited by GypsyBill; 06-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    $Bill
    '10 Orbital Blue RT-S SE5
    '15 White/Black F3S SE6
    '13 Victory Cross Country Blacked Out - TRADED
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

USAF 1963-1987, US Fed Courts 1987-2010
    Retired 2010-?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Received them last Tuesday and went for a 1200 miles ride: first day was not really comfy, the grips felt too big and the riding feeling was strange. After day 1 everything felt ok and natural and after 3 days of twisties I do not have any blisters on my hands which is a huge bonus! I think that there should be a way to make a "try position" installation as I am not sure I will install the seams the way it is recommended... I rather further away than my finger tips as these are the most sensible parts of the hands and you constantly feel the seams... But: "Approved & Recommended!"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    Received them last Tuesday and went for a 1200 miles ride: first day was not really comfy, the grips felt too big and the riding feeling was strange. After day 1 everything felt ok and natural and after 3 days of twisties I do not have any blisters on my hands which is a huge bonus! I think that there should be a way to make a "try position" installation as I am not sure I will install the seams the way it is recommended... I rather further away than my finger tips as these are the most sensible parts of the hands and you constantly feel the seams... But: "Approved & Recommended!"
    prmurat-

First point is that we recommend that you not install the seam anywhere near your fingertips in our installation instructions packed with your grips. Second point is that as long as you are careful, there should be no reason why you can't re-position your grips. Just don't contaminate the sticky portion, and you should be good to go. Third point is we cannot legally recommend that you use our product contrary to the directions (ie without taking off the release layer on the back of the sticky velcro) since that would invite unwanted liability. That said, we have certainly observed some folks ghoing against our recommendations and trying our grips before removing the release layer, and then eventually sticking them on permanently once they decided they liked the postioning of the grips and the seams.

I hope this is helpful.

Best,

Dave R.

Spyder Garage

Got mine about a week ago, but wanted to wait to post till after I had a few days with them. I chose not to use the sticky and to just wrap them around and Velcro. Once you stretch them around and attach to the Velcro they are pretty tight and don't move.
    When I first put them on it did not feel right at first, but knew that I have been riding the Spyder for over 2 years it would take a bit to get used to it. After a few days I can say that I definitely like them, nice feel, they will help to keep the hands comfortable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hobstopper View Post
    Got mine about a week ago, but wanted to wait to post till after I had a few days with them. I chose not to use the sticky and to just wrap them around and Velcro. Once you stretch them around and attach to the Velcro they are pretty tight and don't move.
    When I first put them on it did not feel right at first, but knew that I have been riding the Spyder for over 2 years it would take a bit to get used to it. After a few days I can say that I definitely like them, nice feel, they will help to keep the hands comfortable.
    Hobstopper-

You are 100% correct that it sometimes takes a few miles to get used to my OGB's and finally relax your "deathgrip" on your handlebars. This is one of the hidden comfort and safety benefits of the OGB's.

Glad you are liking them. Many happy, safe, and comfortable riding miles to you.

Best,

Dave R.

Spyder Garage

I have had mine for about 300 Miles now and they are really Nice!!
    If you liked Grip Puppies in the past you will Love the Original Grip Buddies because they are like a High Class, Well Made
    and More comfortable Grip Puppy and Look Ten Times better!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I have had mine for about 300 Miles now and they are really Nice!!
    If you liked Grip Puppies in the past you will Love the Original Grip Buddies because they are like a High Class, Well Made
    and More comfortable Grip Puppy and Look Ten Times better!!!!
    Sarge707-

Thank you for those kind words. Just a quick heads up- we will have a new model coming out in September called the Super Sharks.
    This new model will combine all the best features of our popular sharkskin embossed rubber grips, but will be made of a more robust neoprene for the aggressive rider. All of our models at this point are made of and shipped with the upgraded 220 degree F velcro to withstand higher temperatures, like those found in the northeast in the summer and the south and southwest all year long.

Also, look for us to introduce new inventions like our one-piece Adventure Touring Wallet with no stitching and a hidden security compartment for the serious motorcyclist at SPITA in August.

Again, Thanks for the kind words, and many happy, comfortable , and safe riding miles to you.

Best,

Dave R.

Spyder Garage

Glad you are considering coming to SITA ( Spyders in the Adirondacks) in August ! We will come look at your new touring wallet for sure.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Default Wallet?

Be sure to post it here so those of us not able to do SITA can get one too.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    Be sure to post it here so those of us not able to do SITA can get one too.
    WE will be happy to post the news here when we debut our new 1-piece wallet for Adventure Touring. What's neat about this item is that it is actually leather origami and has no stitching. We are close to putting it on the website, but will announce it here, as well.

Best,

Dave R.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I ordered my Grip Buddies on Monday and they came on Friday, that is great service. I put them on an love the way they feel, they are very comfortable for me. I have had them about two weeks and during that time made it out to Durango and back, riding over 3,000 miles. During that time two problems have come up, the left grip moved it got bad enough that I stopped and got double sided tape to keep it from twisting. The left grip also is almost worn through. I either hold on to tight with my left hand or these grips may have a very short life.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by memphisdan View Post
    I ordered my Grip Buddies on Monday and they came on Friday, that is great service. I put them on an love the way they feel, they are very comfortable for me. I have had them about two weeks and during that time made it out to Durango and back, riding over 3,000 miles. During that time two problems have come up, the left grip moved it got bad enough that I stopped and got double sided tape to keep it from twisting. The left grip also is almost worn through. I either hold on to tight with my left hand or these grips may have a very short life.
    memphisdan-

Please contact me to discuss. Even though my warranty is 3,000 miles or 90 days, I have never abandoned anyone yet. I'm sure we can work out a solution to make you very happy. Either email me at info@originalgripbuddies.com, or give me a call at 518-461-3003. You'll be glad you did!

Best,

Dave Reppert
    Founder
    Original Grip Buddies, LLC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondackjack View Post
    memphisdan-

Please contact me to discuss. Even though my warranty is 3,000 miles or 90 days, I have never abandoned anyone yet. I'm sure we can work out a solution to make you very happy. Either email me at info@originalgripbuddies.com, or give me a call at 518-461-3003. You'll be glad you did!

Best,

Dave Reppert
    Founder
    Still waiting for a call from you.

Dave R.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Reposting on right thread

Installed my Grip Buddies, and posted about it on a thread I started. After re-reading this thread I wanted to add it to here. Have to say it was the fastest mod that I have installed (and easiest too) yet. In fact, too fast and easy. I was concerned that I would not be able to use my cramp buster, but the cramp buster did fit over the Grip Buddie (I only use the throttle side) just fine. I can only suggest that Dave might want to make a smaller size to fit that allows the cramp buster to still be turned out of the way when not in use. I will find out soon if I want that option, as I am sure I would not be able to cut it straight. I am going on a 200+ mile ride Saturday, so I will give an update later.

Well, my ride only was 139 miles, but still a blast. The grip buddies worked out great, and I noticed a big change in my hands. I was able to ride the last three miles home without my gloves on (just to see how it felt), and my hands felt fine. Before I could not ride without my gloves because my hands would hurt from the grips. While they do make the grip larger, I like that. So that is another plus to me.

Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Had good chance to try mine after having the Grip Puppies for the last year.
    1- Much better looking than the foam Grip Puppy.
    2- I love the feel with them- I do have big hands .
    3- Fits perfect and great quality of material- What more can you ask for?
    Grip Puppies are about $18 with shipping and the Original Grip Buddy is $25 which includes shipping!
    It a No Brainer to me- Grip Buddies all the way!!
    Been using grip puppies for close to 20 years... they're like $9.00 including shipping.

I may try a pair of these new 'buddies' sometime... after I use up my last pair of puppies... but my main concern is the seam. I have used hot-grip wraps in the past and didn't like having a seam... always bothered my hand no matter where I put it.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I like the feel of the compound used in the manufacture of the Grip Buddies over the foam material used in making the Grip Puppies, especially when wet.

I have used these two products on my RT, as well as the Kuryakn Clam Shell grips. The Kuryakn grips are a tad on the large size, but look great. The Grip Puppies soak up too much water when it rains. The seam on the Grip Buddies does not feel right on my hands.

In a perfect world seamless Grip Buddies would be the best solution to my needs.

I will run the balance of the year with the Grip Buddies and continue to look for a solution that works best for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondackjack View Post
    memphisdan-

Best,

Dave Reppert
    Founder
    memphisdan-

Great to talk to you yesterday, and thanks for agreeing to become a tester. I will get your new "Super Sharks" out to you right away, and I'm sure you'll have them well before your departure on the 14th. Given that my grips all have the upgraded 220 degree F velcro hook (including this one) along with the adhesion promoter kit I will be sending, I doubt we'll have any ongoing issue with glue. Also, the SS model uses a new unique and patented blend of pure rubber which will survive extended periods of exposure to sunlight better, and is significantly more durable for "aggressive" riders, like you describe yourself. The good news is that the Super Sharks are easily as comfortable as our sharkskin model, and just as "grippy" and weather resistant.

Be sure to give us your ride report on your Labrador trip, and tell us how you liked the new OGB-SS's on that trip.

Best,

Dave R.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got a pair of OGB have had them on my spyder for less than a month and they are starting to fall a part like there wearing out already

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is what they look like on the RT
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures