Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 09 Enabled Spyder- w/ warranty -12500

SOLD SOLD SOLD

2012-08-15_07-13-39_134.jpg2012-08-15_07-14-21_502.jpg2012-08-15_07-12-01_294.jpg2012-08-15_07-13-13_882.jpg

Just got word that I’m being transferred out of California and Back to the cold and I don’t want to have to deal with storing the Spyder for 6 months of the year. I would like to keep riding her till I have to leave, but if I get a serious offer that has to be sooner I can part ways early, so this is a feeler to see the interest in a fully enabled Spyder or if I will need to part out the mods... It is a 09 Full Moon Spyder, ISCI hand Brake, Floor boards, and rear wheelchair mount for a non folding chair. Currently has 6.5K As it sits now I’m asking for $13000, $12,500 with out the hand break and wheelchiar mount. As you can see i tied the mount into the rear frame tube but it can be removed and the bike can be taken completly back to stock.

Has the B.E.S.T Warrenty till 6/1/2013
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CantWalk:); 09-19-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Sold

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that your selling your Spyder - bummer. Where are they moving you to ? We love in NH and totally understand what a bummer it is to store the bike over the winter.

What kind on mount do you have for your chair ?
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Chair Mount

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    Sorry to hear that your selling your Spyder - bummer. Where are they moving you to ? We love in NH and totally understand what a bummer it is to store the bike over the winter.

What kind on mount do you have for your chair ?
    They are sending me back to Hill Air Force Base in Northern Utah

For my mount I tied it into the rear frame tube so it hangs just over the rear tire, hooks onto the rear axle and rear grab bar of the chair pretty nice, and it’s adjustable for most chairs with the solid axle tube. I will be posting some pictures soon of it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would think that you would have a pretty easy time selling your Spyder if you remove the chair mount. The handbrake and floorboards will appeal to a lot of buyers but you may not get back what you paid for them. Good luck with your sale and your move.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Love to see pictures of the wheelchair mount.

I also agree that it might be an option to sell the bike with the hand brake and floorboards seperately from the wheelchair mount.
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Pictures up!

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    Love to see pictures of the wheelchair mount.

I also agree that it might be an option to sell the bike with the hand brake and floorboards seperately from the wheelchair mount.
    New pictures, also its ready to sell now!! I have 6 weeks till im Utah aka Cold bound

Spyder Garage

If you really like the bike, why not just keep it. I ride every month of the year even though we live in a colder climate. There are always a few days that are nice enough for a ride, plus it helps to deal with the winter blahs.
    My 2011 RSS SM5 Mods all self installed: Spyder Detailing Graphics, Madstad, Kewlmetal risers, Rivco Driver Floorboards, Evoluzione Sway Bar, 25" Touring Windshield, 2010 RT Shocks, Hindle Exhaust, Isci Handbrake, Kurakyn Grips , Rivco Passenger Floorboards, Tricled fender tips and fender lights. Rivco license plate flag holder. BRP backrest. ESI tail light lens.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    If you really like the bike, why not just keep it. I ride every month of the year even though we live in a colder climate. There are always a few days that are nice enough for a ride, plus it helps to deal with the winter blahs.
    Looking like that may happen if i cant sell her, but its ok-not the end of the world

Spyder Garage

Default Winter wonderland

I live in the greater Boston area and I also rode my Spyder at least once every month through winter. I will ride in 48+ degrees. It very invigorating to ride in the cold. To admit, I don't ride long, maybe 10 miles just to get the tires spinning, oil moving and gas flowing. My recommendation is keep it if you can and if you have a place to keep it. I think some set their expectations high not realizing all the costs involved and used is used. If you want a warranty, buy from a dealer and pay more for it. But always, ride safe.
    Mods:
    Can Am 23" Windshield & Tank Bag. Corbin seat w/gas flap and backrests. Protective covers for shocks.Sena SMH10 headsets. Wrapped header pipe with insulating tape. GPS mount for Garmin Nuvi 680. Various lights from Custom Dynamics. Hand Brake, Floorboards, Brake Pedal & Fancan from ISCI. Parking Brake extension, Floorboard tabs, Wheelchair mount.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by markjperry View Post
    I think some set their expectations high not realizing all the costs involved and used is used. If you want a warranty, buy from a dealer and pay more for it. But always, ride safe.
    I wasn't setting my expectations high. I asked about the ability to obtain a warranty because it is a used Spyder and because of the issues I hear about some of the earlier models and in fact some of the newer ones. Just want to make sure my investment new or used is protected. I have looked at new and used and wanted to find out what all my options are.

I agree that you will probably get quite a bit of riding time even in the winter in most areas. If you can, keep it and have fun

Spyder Garage

Default Carrying a rigid wheelchair on a Spyder?

Quote Originally Posted by CantWalk:) View Post
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

2012-08-15_07-13-39_134.jpg2012-08-15_07-14-21_502.jpg2012-08-15_07-12-01_294.jpg2012-08-15_07-13-13_882.jpg
    It is a 09 Full Moon Spyder, ISCI hand Brake, Floor boards, and rear wheelchair mount for a non folding chair.
    Hi, I just spotted this thread and I realise that it's ancient history, plus the bike has been sold BUT I need to carry a wheelchair also. Do you have a photo to show how the chair is mounted on the carrier?
    I'm in Australia so I don't have access to the people recommended in comments following your thread.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
    in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming

"WOO HOO - What a Ride!"