Spyder Garage

Default RT BRP-brand CB/Intercom Mic Connection

I have a 2010 RT Premiere Edition with the BRP CB/Intercom system which I installed a couple of years ago. I am trying to figure out how to run a connection from the RT's audio system to a 2.5 mono mic input on my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS cradle, which would allow me to use the intercom mic (helmet headset) to talk on my cell phone through the GPS's bluetooth setup. I already have the GPS output running into the RT's AUX input in the rear trunk, so don't need any help there.

I'm thinking that someone on this forum has given this some thought and come up with a good solution. If so, please share.

Thanks!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    I have a 2010 RT Premiere Edition with the BRP CB/Intercom system which I installed a couple of years ago. I am trying to figure out how to run a connection from the RT's audio system to a 2.5 mono mic input on my Garmin Zumo 550 GPS cradle, which would allow me to use the intercom mic (helmet headset) to talk on my cell phone through the GPS's bluetooth setup. I already have the GPS output running into the RT's AUX input in the rear trunk, so don't need any help there.

I'm thinking that someone on this forum has given this some thought and come up with a good solution. If so, please share.

Thanks!
    PM Steve from the forum. with the upgraded 2011 display cluster (which I assume you got to fix the PTT cb issue) and upgraded ground strap for the AM FM radio and upgraded antenna cable for the AM FM ... you can add the bluetooth harness for the new models (assuming you rewire the garmin into the GPS input (buying the GPS connector). that way GPS comes thru the communication harness and mutes music when you get GPS commands... should allow you to funnel the bluetooth of the GPS into the intercom headsets (BRP).... I think ;-)
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    PM Steve from the forum. with the upgraded 2011 display cluster (which I assume you got to fix the PTT cb issue) and upgraded ground strap for the AM FM radio and upgraded antenna cable for the AM FM ... you can add the bluetooth harness for the new models (assuming you rewire the garmin into the GPS input (buying the GPS connector). that way GPS comes thru the communication harness and mutes music when you get GPS commands... should allow you to funnel the bluetooth of the GPS into the intercom headsets (BRP).... I think ;-)
    I may consider that, but would have a ton of money and time invested in it before I would know if it worked or not. My brother sent me a series of pics of a device he has for his Goldwing that plugs in-line with the headset jack pigtails. It's pretty simple. Basically tapped the mic leads from the headset jack, ran them to a transformer (TL016-R) and then a lead coming off the transformer to a male 2.5mm mono plug that goes in the mic-in jack of the GPS cradle. Looks like a few dollars worth of parts that sells for $69.

I also reached out to Ed Davis, of EdSets Headsets. He lives a couple of hours south of me. He thinks he has something that'll work and encouraged me to come by his place to try it out. At this point, I think I'll see what Ed has to offer.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

MarkLawson

Curious, did you ever get this to work?

Romney & Boyd