Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default would like to get to know other lady riders who live in or near the Adirondacks, NY

I live between Malone and Massena / am a new spyder owner/ would like to meet some friends/ please respond

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinlady View Post
    I live between Malone and Massena / am a new spyder owner/ would like to meet some friends/ please respond
    I don't live in the NY area but do to the best darn site on the www. You will get all kinds of help here if needed, right along with a lot of ribbing!!! We ladies have to stick together!! Don't let the guys give ya a hard time. There's a forum(? I'm NOT computer literite so not sure if it's forum or thread or whatever) For ladies about us and for us. Just look around in here and you'll find it. Hang in there and have a great time with your . The fun is JUST STARTING!!! Welcome to Spyderlovers.com and on your purchase of one of the best motorcycles ANYWHERE!!! Be safe and enjoy your ryde.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEWBIE

Welcome Aboard, now the fun begins....Mike.

Spyder Garage

Welcome New Ryder!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Rider in the Adirondacks

Hey,

I just got a Spyder RT S three weeks ago, and then another a week ago, so that my hubby and I can both drive. I live in the High Peaks region of the Adirondacks in Essex County near Elizabethtown, Moriah, Lake Placid areas. Would love to find other riders to hook up with for some Spyder adventures.

Take care,
    Korri

Spyder Garage

and on your new .....................We're not in New York, but if you ever get to Missouri give a yell!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinlady View Post
    Hi. I live in Plattsburgh, Ny. I've had my Spyder about 10 days and my motorcycle license almost 2 weeks. I haven't ventured too far from home, since I am still apprehensive with twistys and turnies and speeds exceeding 45-50 mph. I keep practicing and working on increasing my confidence. It does get better every day.

I, too, would like to meet with new Lady Spyder Ryders in the area and look forward to the time when my skills increase enough to venture away from my immediate area.

I have a RT SE5 AC.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Rar,

We're in the same boat. Where did you get your Spyder? Roberts? We bought two from there over the last 4 weeks. Bought the first one, took the motorcyle safety course in Plattsburgh and bought the second a few days later. I have to say, that after the course on two wheel bikes, I took to the Spyder like I've been riding motorcycles all my life. I love riding on the curves and hilly roads around here!! But then again, I live on Lincoln Pond Road, which is a hilly, curvy road in itself!

If you ever want to go for a ride, let me know. Only 40 minutes away from you.

Take care,
    Korri

Spyder Garage

Hi Korri- yes, we bought from Roberts. In fact, I believe we were probably in the store together. I remember Kyle and Nancy saying you were back for your second Spyder. I am familiar with Lincoln Pond Rd, having been raised in Willsboro. Though Plattsburgh is a small city, I still wish the traffic were less. If I could get my Spyder to your area, I would enjoy driving those roads.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Did you get the blue one?

Hi Rar,

I remember you and your husband. We were picking up a magnesium RT S, the second one, that day. My name is on the paperwork but the blue RT S that we got previously is mine!!

I haven't been up to Plattsburgh yet on the Spyder but did go through downtown Lake Placid with all the traffic and pedestrians with no trouble. We've ridden up and down Route 9 quite a bit. It is a good ride with minimal traffic. I don't think that I want to attempt to ride I87 at all. TOOOOO fast for me. But the back roads rule!!

Don't you love Roberts???? What a great group of folks there. Very professional but also personable!

I could head up your way, where you're comfortable, if you'd like sometime.

Keep Ryding!!

Korri

Spyder Garage

Roberts is awesome. My Spyder is also a magnesium RT with the A&C pkg.

I wouldn't tackle I-87. My husband is an experienced motorcycle driver and he doesn't even like to drive The traffic moves slowly through Lake Placid. I can only imagine how congested it was during the Rally.

It would be nice to ride together. What North Country rides have you taken?
    Last edited by Rar; 08-15-2012 at 06:53 AM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

If you're on Facebook, there is a "Girls on Spyders", where you can meet many 'girls' from all over!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

"Roberts is awesome. My Spyder is also a magnesium RT with the A&C pkg.

I wouldn't tackle I-87. My husband is an experienced motorcycle driver and he doesn't even like to drive The traffic moves slowly through Lake Placid. I can only imagine how congested it was during the Rally.

It would be nice to ride together. What North Country rides have you taken? "

You got one just like my husband's, that's what we were picking up that day. Mine is the Ocean Blue RT with the A&C pkg. We haven't done too many northern rides yet, except Lake Placid. Mostly around here, E-town, Lewis, Keene Valley, Schroon Lake, Ti, Moriah, Westport and a ride in Addison County, VT up to Vergennes. In fact, I realized today that I haven't driven my Jeep since we picked up my husband's bike that day. I've been running all my errands on my Spyder. I do need to go and get some groceries, though. Can't fit it all in the trunks... bummer!

Have you been riding much? I've been trying to ride every day before the rain starts. Having a lot of fun!!

Spyder Garage

You've had some excellent rides - lots of twisties and turnies on those roads.

Spyder Garage

Default Meet 356 other Girls on Spyders

You can never have too many places for comraderie so go to FB, Girls on Spyders as bruiserbaby said.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CWilber View Post
    Meet 356 other Girls on Spyders

356 girls all on Spyders, oh man that would one dream come true, oh darn the wife's on her way better run.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    [/FONT][/B][/FONT]
    356 girls all on Spyders, oh man that would one dream come true, oh darn the wife's on her way better run.

Harry

Roberta
    ----------------------------------------------
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fall Foliage Ride

I hope to take advantage of the nice weather and beautiful colors of fall this weekend. A ride through Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, then down through Schroon Lake and back around to Elizabethtown. Had a group ride planned for last weekend, but got rained out.

Going to be a fun ride!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Fall Foliage Ride FINALLY

Quote Originally Posted by trafick View Post
    I hope to take advantage of the nice weather and beautiful colors of fall this weekend. A ride through Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, then down through Schroon Lake and back around to Elizabethtown. Had a group ride planned for last weekend, but got rained out.

Going to be a fun ride!
    After two weekends of rain, finally going to go on our Fall Foliage ride today. There's going to be three Spyders and two trikes rolling through the Adirondack Mountains today! Woohoo! Going to be a little bit chilly, but that's why I have a heavy coat and pants! Running out of rYding time here, so I'm taking every opportunity that I can before we have to put them away for the winter.

Yippee!!

Spyder Garage

After two weekends of rain, finally going to go on our Fall Foliage ride today. There's going to be three Spyders and two trikes rolling through the Adirondack Mountains today! Woohoo! Going to be a little bit chilly, but that's why I have a heavy coat and pants! Running out of rYding time here, so I'm taking every opportunity that I can before we have to put them away for the winter.

Yippee!!
    I'm going out for a short ride a bit later this afternoon. I also haven't been out in a couple of weeks due to the rain and heavy winds. Presently it's 50 degrees here, so I'm guessing I may have a chance to try my heated grips. You're right- only a little riding time left.
    Roberta
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rar View Post
    I'm going out for a short ride a bit later this afternoon. I also haven't been out in a couple of weeks due to the rain and heavy winds. Presently it's 50 degrees here, so I'm guessing I may have a chance to try my heated grips. You're right- only a little riding time left.
    Did I see that you bought another Spyder at Roberts? Hubby got one? If so, you did what we did, except mine is the Optical Blue and my hubby got the Magnesium.

Spyder Garage

Did I see that you bought another Spyder at Roberts? Hubby got one? If so, you did what we did, except mine is the Optical Blue and my hubby got the Magnesium.

Yes- We picked it up today. I have much more confidence in my ryding now. The 4 of us should try to get together before the season ends. If not this year, perhaps early next year. Being a 2 Spyder family is such fun isn't it?
    Roberta
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yes- We picked it up today. I have much more confidence in my ryding now. The 4 of us should try to get together before the season ends. If not this year, perhaps early next year. Being a 2 Spyder family is such fun isn't it?
    Congrats!! I saw the photo from Roberts on Facebook. We would love to get a ryde in sometime! We went out Monday for a ride with 2 Goldwing trikes, a lady from Port Henry with a Limited RT and a Harley. It was a fun and beautiful ride, especially seeing all the heads turn with they saw three Spyders and 2 trikes cruising down the road.

We love our Spyders. We ryde them to work in the mornings when it isn't raining. My students now look for my motorcycle jacket to see if I rode it to school or not. They think it is pretty cool that their teacher rides a motorcycle! I hope the weather holds out for a few more rydes!! The winters are just too long here and I'm not ready for it to start yet.

Spyder Garage

Congrats!! I saw the photo from Roberts on Facebook. We would love to get a ryde in sometime! We went out Monday for a ride with 2 Goldwing trikes, a lady from Port Henry with a Limited RT and a Harley. It was a fun and beautiful ride, especially seeing all the heads turn with they saw three Spyders and 2 trikes cruising down the road.

We love our Spyders. We ryde them to work in the mornings when it isn't raining. My students now look for my motorcycle jacket to see if I rode it to school or not. They think it is pretty cool that their teacher rides a motorcycle! I hope the weather holds out for a few more rydes!! The winters are just too long here and I'm not ready for it to start yet.
    Can you see 5 Spyders and 2 trikes from the North Country? How cool would that be? I'm not ready yet either for winter.
    Roberta
    2012 RT A&C SE-5
    Fog lights
    Cal-Sci Windshield

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Can you see 5 Spyders and 2 trikes from the North Country? How cool would that be? I'm not ready yet either for winter.
    That would be cool!!! There is another Spyder in Witherbee but we don't know who owns it... We've seen her and her husband ryding around town here and there. Gonna be a cold one tonight. I had to head out of town to help out my mom. She fractured a vertebrae in her back, so I had to leave the Spyder at home with my hubby. He'll take good care of it.