Spyder Garage

Default Getting better quality telephone call

I have the Zumo 660 that came with the spyder and the blue tooth interface kit.

For reference I had a Zumo 550 wired through the Goldwing and the telephone calls where crystal clear.

Today a couple of calls while riding, I could hear them fine but they could not hear me, a lot of bike noise and my voice breaking up.

I have the settings mixed for sound I like the music audio through both headphones and speakers, sounds really nice. However this also mixes the music and telephone.

I would like the music to mute while I'm on the telephone but stay mixed all other times.

If I pushed the mic to my mouth I could hear myself talk but I had to hold it really close. Should i hear myself talk or can the other party hear me anyway?

Is this something to do with the VOX setting. I have everything except the XM can someone who as the telephone working please send me best settings, or pictures of settings

tia

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am still tweaking mine but in testing they can hear you when you cannot hear your self. Werid to get used too. I have people tell me its good quality but not as good as my Cardo G4. I am a little dissapointed in the same things as you discuss. If you adjust the vox you can hear your self easier. It does not know the difference between phone and gps. The gps input is one input so thats why it does werid things. I have not figured out the best way to work around this yet.

Josh

Spyder Garage

Do you get the music mix over the telephone, the gps seems to mute the music but the telephone does not.

Harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.