Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    When riding two up and our com unit is not working...I find the "slap" on the helmet method works best to get my point across to Butch
    hey that the same thing my wife does LOL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had chatter box they are the worst ever, a total waist of money, only had 5 hours of use, and most of the time they didn't work. I got Sena SMH10 and not a problem. I can hear my wife clearly all the time. After a ten hour day of use they never quit and in the rain. We have the Sena's for 6 months and use them about 3 times a week. My wife ask me if I was going to sell them, I said no their going in the box on the shelf to remind myself of my costly mistake. That's IMHO.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    We had chatter box they are the worst ever, a total waist of money, only had 5 hours of use, and most of the time they didn't work. I got Sena SMH10 and not a problem. I can hear my wife clearly all the time. After a ten hour day of use they never quit and in the rain. We have the Sena's for 6 months and use them about 3 times a week. My wife ask me if I was going to sell them, I said no their going in the box on the shelf to remind myself of my costly mistake. That's IMHO.

Mike
    Just out of curiosity, do you guys still use ear plugs with the headsets?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Unclear intercom

Has anyone tried this unit. I love the idea of no boom mic, or for that matter any regular mic.

It has no VOX and I wondered if you were on the intercom and a GPS instruction came on, whether it would go back to intercom or if I had to restart the intercom function since there is no VOX

The units have gotten great press and a new model is due out soon. They are expensive but supposedly have the best noise reduction of any unit on the market (various motorcycle magazine reviews).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Do you mean the UCLEAR intercom? I love mine, it is super easy and durable and the sound quality is great. I got mine here...http://uclearstore.com/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you guys still use ear plugs with the headsets?

No.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default I suppose my opinion is a nonsequiter

Many have said to stay away from the cheap intercoms. I wholly agree.

That being said, I'm pretty happy with the BRP OEM setup, It (now) integrates all functions well.

It is wired, so the rider/passenger have to jack in, but frankly, I'd prefer that to charging up the bluetooth units wherever I go.

I have the J&M headsets, so when leaving the bike for a short time, I find it very convenient to separate the lower cord from the upper section and walk away from the bike for whatever........

But of all the systems available, this is probably the MOST expensive one.

And yes, I use earplugs with the headsets. Strangely, I find the sound through the headset seems better using earplugs. It tends to drown out the external noise, allowing the sounds from the headset to seem more distinct. I DO, however, need a higher volume setting.
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 06-16-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    We have the J&M wired set already, but haven't installed them. Doesn't seem the set we have will fit my wife's Nolan N43 helmet, so we need to get her a different set. I've read the J&M sound pretty good, but if I have to replace her set, I will be pretty close to an smh10, which would include two sets.

Is there a way to connect the sena to the Spyder's existing system/radio via some type of blue tooth adapter?

I'looking seriously at Sena too. However J&M has a complete line of components that probably includes what you need for the Nolan. If you can tolerate a wired system.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ended up going with the Sena system and have no regrets. I wasn't going to use the CB and the boss rarely likes my music, so with the Sena, she can pick her own tunes and we can still talk and not have to fiddle with wires either. It seems to work iut pretty well.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2