Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

SMH10 dual pack can u connect both set to 1 ipod also can you connect ipod and gps at the same time one working over the other ?????

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    SMH10 dual pack can u connect both set to 1 ipod also can you connect ipod and gps at the same time one working over the other ?????
    Thanks- that is the make and model I plan to buy.

Thank you all. Great Forum
    Mods:
    Can Am 23" Windshield & Tank Bag. Corbin seat w/gas flap and backrests. Protective covers for shocks.Sena SMH10 headsets. Wrapped header pipe with insulating tape. GPS mount for Garmin Nuvi 680. Various lights from Custom Dynamics. Hand Brake, Floorboards, Brake Pedal & Fancan from ISCI. Parking Brake extension, Floorboard tabs, Wheelchair mount.

Spyder Garage

I "believe" you can listen to a gps using bluetooth and plug an iPod directly into the unit. That's what I have done. But I don't know if you can pair the iPod (or iPhone) to the GPS and hear both by bluetooth. Haven't tried it, and I've pretty much decided that I drive better without too much chatter in my ears. When I hear the gps my passenger does not - which is a bit frustrating because she doesn't know she's been cut off. For both of us to listen to one iPod I think we'd need to use a "Y" connector and plug into both Sena units.

The Sena unit does provide a really good intercom between driver and passenger and my wife and I use ours regularly. It's neat that the unit stays on at gas stops and we can continue to talk as long as we keep our helmets on. I use custom earplugs with speakers and the sound through the Sena is very clear and volume is way more than I need.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Default What type

I have a flip front helmet so I am not certain what type to get. The unit for an open face helmet has a boom mike and for a full face has a wired mike. I am assuming I would need the boom mike style. Am I right???

2018 F3 LIMITED

SpyderLovers Sponsor Spyder Wraps Pete's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I still have this Chatter Box full set for full face helmets:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post436351

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I have a flip front helmet so I am not certain what type to get. The unit for an open face helmet has a boom mike and for a full face has a wired mike. I am assuming I would need the boom mike style. Am I right???
    We're using boom type mics with our modulars...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here's what you'll need:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

There's also a version for ear buds, if you choose to go that route

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Yup-- Boom mike for open face... you can buy extra mounting kits for like $35..... I have one on my 1/2 helmet... one on my full face... so just snap the Sena unit into whichever I'm going to wear..... very cool...

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

You cannot have an ipod or GPS single be sent to TWO headsets at the same time as far as I know.... don't think any unit on the market does this.

As far as connecting ipod & GPS at the same time.... yup.... a few ways it can be done....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vrodrjs View Post
    I run the interphone F5's they are pretty sweet. Not the cheapest out there but they work well. www.cyclebots.com is where I got mine.

I agree - I have used the interphone brand since they came out .

And we already know " everyone has thier own opinion "

Amazon has the same offer and this is the cheapest out there .

http://cyclebots.com/bluetooth-helme...twin-pack.html
    2012 RSS orange / black SE5 , Sport rack , backrest , comfort seat , console protector , front trunk liner , yoshimura R-77 carbon fiber , two brothers juice box pro using PC map 6 , K&N air filter , factory fog lamps

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You cannot have an ipod or GPS single be sent to TWO headsets at the same time as far as I know.... don't think any unit on the market does this.

As far as connecting ipod & GPS at the same time.... yup.... a few ways it can be done....

Sena has just come out with a SM10 dual stream bluetooth stereo transmitter.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

This may be what you are looking for. Says it will stream same audio to two helmets.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I suspect that you could use a 3.5mm Jack Universal Earphone Splitter to stream your ipod music into two helmets.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybell View Post

This may be what you are looking for. Says it will stream same audio to two helmets.
    Well ... it's almost out. I don't think you can buy it yet. I've been watching for it to become available for several months.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Default boom mike

Thanks for the replys boom mike it is.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybell View Post

Great just ordered SMH now will wait for this to come out

Spyder Garage

Default I just ordered the SMH 10 too

Great just ordered SMH now will wait for this to come out
    I order the smh10 pair yesterday. Seems like the perfect headset. My cell and gps are both Bluetooth and I love listening to music ( not loud) when I ride.
    Mods:
    Can Am 23" Windshield & Tank Bag. Corbin seat w/gas flap and backrests. Protective covers for shocks.Sena SMH10 headsets. Wrapped header pipe with insulating tape. GPS mount for Garmin Nuvi 680. Various lights from Custom Dynamics. Hand Brake, Floorboards, Brake Pedal & Fancan from ISCI. Parking Brake extension, Floorboard tabs, Wheelchair mount.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Uclear 100 Intercom

Has anyone used the "Uclear" unit. It has no boom mic to deal with-I love the idea, and has been well rated by most publications. Since there is no VOX function, I am curious if the GPS gives instructions and the intercom mutes, do I have to re-initiate the conversation or will the intercom still be on after the instruction is given?

Fauquier County VA - Virginia's most carefully pronounced county.
    Spyder Garage

We have the new Scala G9's. They work very well. We've both used them without face shields and do not get very much wind noise. Have not tried the multi-rider link as we haven't ridden with others yet. But, the telephone and GPS works well. We both have individually linked to our phones and I have linked to the GPS as well. My next experiment will be to link to my bluetooth enabled ham radio rig as soon as I get it installed.
    2012 RT Limited , Full size brake peddel White w/Red Highlights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by markjperry View Post
    I order the smh10 pair yesterday. Seems like the perfect headset. My cell and gps are both Bluetooth and I love listening to music ( not loud) when I ride.
    the heck with the cell trying to enjoy the ride LOL

Spyder Garage

Buy 2 HAWK helmets,,, they have Buetooth,, just talk she hears you, you hear her. $189.95 ea.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Shewhoprays's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool

We tried the Scala but it didn't work for us so at Spyderfest we bought the Sena SMH10. Love it. Dennis has a half helmet and I have a 3/4. We use them for bike to bike and when I ride with him on his Harley. I know I can connect my cell phone to it but haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhoprays View Post
    We tried the Scala but it didn't work for us so at Spyderfest we bought the Sena SMH10. Love it. Dennis has a half helmet and I have a 3/4. We use them for bike to bike and when I ride with him on his Harley. I know I can connect my cell phone to it but haven't figured out how to do that yet.
    What version of the Scala did you try? And what didn't you like about it?

I've been looking into getting a com, just haven't decided which I want.

Thanks.

Romney & Boyd

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The scala G4 gets pretty good rstings. We were going to go that route, but they have no apple software support, just windows. Not a problem for us, but some in the group only have macs, so we all went with Sena instead.

The windows/mac support would only be a factor, if you need to update the headsets. At some point, you would need to, to connect with newer devices or apply new bugs.... Errrrr, I mean bug fixes.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shewhoprays View Post
    We tried the Scala but it didn't work for us ...
    My Scala G4 set is not satisfactory either. We have to really raise our voices to get it to work ... even with the vox off. Plus, the audio quality is dismal.

I'm not at all pleased with the G4 set and am looking at the Interphone F5 units.

Since the F5s don't have vox, do you have to push a button each time to activate the intercom each time, or just once and they're on?

- Bob

2014 Spyder Ltd. Silver Platinum Satin

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have 2 scala g4's and they work great. You can listen to what ever radio you want to or listen to musci from your phone since it is bluetoothed. the intercom works well and when I get a phone call while riding people cannot even tell I am on the spyder. The other day my sister asked if I was at home and when I told her I wasdoing about 70 down the interstate on my spyder she thought I was lying to her.