Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Awaiting My 2008 Can Am Spyder.....

yellow can am.jpgJust Purchased my Spyder....not picking up till the 30th. Here is a pic....any idea how to get a different seat for it? It is a 2008 SE5.
    Last edited by Questions; 05-24-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!!!!!! You are going to love it!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats...........

Bought my '08 about 5 wks ago and just got it to KC, had DPS recall done at dealer and finally was able to call it my own a week ago today. You'll really enjoy it. Here's mine....
    small pic.jpg

Spyder Garage

Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

and on the new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cool Welcome To Spyder Nation

The bike looks great. I've had my 2009 for a little over a year and I love it. For a seat, check out the dealers on Spyderlovers home page. You'll find Corbin, Ultra, and probably several others. Do your research and try to find one to try out. I fell in love with the Corbin and am having it installed next weekend.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks. Looked on Corbin and couldn't find anything for 2008 roadsters.

Also was wondering if anyone has an audio system on theirs? Would like to listen to my ipod if I could.

Spyder Garage

We love our corbin seat with gas door, no lifting up the whole seat when you gas up or having passenger get off when you gas up.

As for listening to music -- we bought SENA's which allow us to listen to our ipods but also talk to one another. They install in your helmet. it is great if you ride with other riders or have a passenger on the back. you can buy single units as well as dual packs. Here is a link to the dual pack

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CL4BEPMCMAQ
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

heres what ive done and the one with the radio i put in the case i can take off and on at will.the small one is by shark,and i listen on sd card with 300 songs its a 100 wat amp.sounds good up to 60 mph so heres some ideas.for moore info call 785 214 5012 ill help in any way i can.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEWBIE

Welcome Aboard, now the fun begins...Mike.... I also have a shark stereo 250 watt , wired remote so you can hide it, blk. pod speakers etc....$105 delivered....feel free to PM me for more info.......PS Nice color choice...Yellow is the Fastest
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-27-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Welcome New Ryder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Iron View Post
    Welcome New Ryder!!!
    I am on my second 2008 Rs/gs. Welcome.

Seats: I like the stock one but it is not perfect. I use a beaded seat cover on it and love. But I deny that it is mine when people ask what it is. There are any number of gel seats, butt buffers, Air Hawks, sheepskin pads available. The choices are many and I doubt that any one is perfect or even suitable for everyone.

You can buy the BRP comfort seat. I had one and liked it. I wouldn't buy another. Russell Day Long makes custom seats by mail in. Corbin also does this. I have never had either one but have bought a spare stock seat to send to Russell Day Long. There is a another vendor on here but the name doesn't come immediately to mind. They make an aftermarket seat that people seem to like a lot.

My advice, not that you asked for it, is to ride a while and see if you really do need another seat. After doing 1200 miles in three days this week, I am not certain that a custom seat is going to add that much to my riding enjoyment. After being caught in the rain I was very thankful for the fact that the standard seat is waterproof: ie the foam does not get wet when left in a rain shower. Most custom seats will get the foam soaked due to the stitching leaking water.

Let me end by saying that when it comes to windshields, seats, motor oil, cleaning supplies you are going to get a lot of answers. They are all personal (well not the motor oil) and you may have to experiment a bit to get what is right for you. I find that part of the fun.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks.

thanks for your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by bobnaquin View Post
    I am on my second 2008 Rs/gs. Welcome.

Seats: I like the stock one but it is not perfect. I use a beaded seat cover on it and love. But I deny that it is mine when people ask what it is. There are any number of gel seats, butt buffers, Air Hawks, sheepskin pads available. The choices are many and I doubt that any one is perfect or even suitable for everyone.

You can buy the BRP comfort seat. I had one and liked it. I wouldn't buy another. Russell Day Long makes custom seats by mail in. Corbin also does this. I have never had either one but have bought a spare stock seat to send to Russell Day Long. There is a another vendor on here but the name doesn't come immediately to mind. They make an aftermarket seat that people seem to like a lot.

My advice, not that you asked for it, is to ride a while and see if you really do need another seat. After doing 1200 miles in three days this week, I am not certain that a custom seat is going to add that much to my riding enjoyment. After being caught in the rain I was very thankful for the fact that the standard seat is waterproof: ie the foam does not get wet when left in a rain shower. Most custom seats will get the foam soaked due to the stitching leaking water.

Let me end by saying that when it comes to windshields, seats, motor oil, cleaning supplies you are going to get a lot of answers. They are all personal (well not the motor oil) and you may have to experiment a bit to get what is right for you. I find that part of the fun.

Spyder Garage

My husband and I were fine with the stock seats until we did a whole day of riding with them. Last winter we took our seats off and sent them to Kontour to have the Kontour package done. I am very happy with my Kontour seat. The mesh keeps you cool in the hot weather as it lets the air go underneath you. The padding is made for you, based on your height and weight. I have a really bony butt and it really keeps it cushioned well. And the Kontour is waterproof.

I have not tried the Russel Day Long or the Corbin, but neither are waterproof and that was a requirement for us. Really happy we got the seats, well worth the wait.
    Y Blue
    -Ruth K, Hoffman Estates IL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The waiting is the hardest part Congrats on your new ride! Hope the time passes quickly for you

Tracy

Spyder Garage

Actually ,,, the Phantom's are the Phastest .... cuz you never see them til they are past you

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Welcome Aboard, now the fun begins...Mike.... I also have a shark stereo 250 watt , wired remote so you can hide it, blk. pod speakers etc....$105 delivered....feel free to PM me for more info.......PS Nice color choice...Yellow is the Fastest
    If you lost your virginity, do you still have the box it came in?

09 Phantom SM5 LE #108
    My Mods- Corbin Seat, Homemade exhaust, Kury ISO Grips, ISCI passenger floorboards, TRIC LEDS, Evoluzione o2 mod

Spyder Garage

Tomorrows' The Big Day!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Please post your impressions and pics. My wife is considering a Spyder and we'd love to hear more about them!

Thanks.

Enjoy your new baby!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Brought "Rumble Bee" home tonight

Brought her home tonight....she is awesome...My husband drove it mostly because we were about 1 1/2 hours from home and it was 5 o'clock and I just got me permit on Tuesday and no driving time.....I drove it home from a town up the road and absolutely loved it.....have to get used to the throttle and not hold on so tight and just let the bike do it's thing.....My husband pretty much ran 65-85 all the way loving it....He has a Heritage Classic.....might not get him back on the two wheeler though....hehe. So easy to drive and so comfortable. Your wife will absolutely love it. I will add some photos of her all shiny. hehehe. Thanks all ... real glad I found this site and hopefully we can all ryde together soon.all shined up (2).jpg

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spydee8's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats!!

So happy for you!! You are going to love your new ryde. My husband and I got our Spyder in April, and are having a blast! This is a great site, and everyone is so helpful!!

Dee

Spyder Garage

Congrads' Again!! Welcome to the family!!

chickridin

Congratulation on your new Spyder! Ride often and ride safe!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Your bike is beautiful....I look forward to many more miles on mine. Thanks and Happy Ryding.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydee8 View Post
    So happy for you!! You are going to love your new ryde. My husband and I got our Spyder in April, and are having a blast! This is a great site, and everyone is so helpful!!

Dee

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks.

Thanks so much....Happy Ryding to you too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chickridin View Post
    Congratulation on your new Spyder! Ride often and ride safe!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Update on my new riding experience.

OK....had a bad day at work so couldn't wait to open the garage doors and take "Rumble Bee" out for another ryde....supposed to not be a nice weekend so figured I would get some ryding time in......was totally exhilarating and learning more and more each day.......was so much fun. Rode up to my Besties house and her and her 1 year old son were totally impressed with her.....Did take the saddlebags off. I think while I am on short runs it looks cooler hehe. Well thanks all for all your awesome comments....you are all the greatest.