Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to suggest your backyard

Quote Originally Posted by 5PYD3R View Post
    Not very far for me to travel, could walk to it pretty easily LOL
    Sorry it's the only bbq I know I'd be happy to meet up as well if I'm not working but it would be a short ride probably about 30 minutes from my place.
    Not sure who's playing this year but I usually get VIP passes for the concerts from work, I could try and score some extras if anyone is interested in that PM me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    Sorry it's the only bbq I know I'd be happy to meet up as well if I'm not working but it would be a short ride probably about 30 minutes from my place.
    Not sure who's playing this year but I usually get VIP passes for the concerts from work, I could try and score some extras if anyone is interested in that PM me.
    Eh, no biggie. I would take some tickets if you can score some extras please!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    Looking for good BBQ in Michigan. Hope that's not futile. So far the best we've found near home is actually at City BBQ down in Sylvania, OH! lol

So, if you have a favorite place with really, really, really good BBQ, brisket, pulled pork, etc, please list it here with enough info so I can find it. I'm looking for places to ride this summer!

Thanks.
    Smokey bones at the corner of M66 and Us 10 is excellent. Go there about once a month in the summer. We could go from there to ludington......just a little down the road!

Spyder Garage

I'M UP FOR A GOOD RYDE AND BBQ....MAYBE COULD HOOK UP WITH THE THE HANSEN'S......LET ME KNOW....
    VICKI

Spyder Garage

OK! I'm keeping my eye on this thread and will try to put something together near end of July or in August.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Really good BBQ here at The Saucy Dogs BBQ in Jonesville, MI. This pulled pork sandwich was only $7 and I brought home a full slab of ribs which were very tasty!!!
    Mmmmmmmm. That definitely looks like it's worth the ride! Those pics have my mouth watering.
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That does look good......

Spyder Garage

If I didn't have the Gilmore Show this weekend, I'd get a ride together. That stuff may kill me.....but what a way to go!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have no designated plans this weekend...We just might take a ride and check this place out <Recon>.......and they have Keno to boot...

http://www.saucydogsbbq.com/index-sd.html
    Last edited by Littlebadwolf; 06-06-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: More info..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Have no designated plans this weekend...We just might take a ride and check this place out <Recon>.......and they have Keno to boot...

http://www.saucydogsbbq.com/index-sd.html
    I can go Sunday. That pulled pork is calling my name!!!!

Spyder Garage

I'd try to make it Sunday, too. Larry, what time were you thinking of getting there?

Edit: oh, yeah. Then we can give a report to Scotty ...
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    I'd try to make it Sunday, too. Larry, what time were you thinking of getting there?

Edit: oh, yeah. Then we can give a report to Scotty ...
    So I can expect not to see any SpyderLovers at our wonderful motorcycle show, I guess. You can eat BBQ anytime, but the Gilmore Vintage Motorcycle Show comes only once a year.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool Sorry

Sorry we are going to miss it scotty but I have Reserves this week end then we are headed to Pigeon Forge the hopefully Dragon Tail.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    So I can expect not to see any SpyderLovers at our wonderful motorcycle show, I guess. You can eat BBQ anytime, but the Gilmore Vintage Motorcycle Show comes only once a year.
    And it IS a wonderful motorcycle show. I just don't know whether I'll still be getting the motorhome and trailer ready for the Durango trip, or have time for a quick lunch of BBQ. For those thinking of going to Gilmore - just do it! It's a wonderful show, and last time I was there my wife joined me and she really enjoyed it, too.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 5PYD3R View Post
    Eh, no biggie. I would take some tickets if you can score some extras please!
    I'll see what I can come up with when it gets close and get them to ya at bike night. Btw ya better vote for me next week at ladies bike night. Unless you're letting your gal drive yours then I guess you could vote for her lol.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks like Sunday could be a go for the BBQ in Jonesville if I'm reading all this right...Anybody wanna suggest a timeframe...We can meet folks coming from this area at the Artesian (Town & Country)..and ride over together...and for those who can't make it...I think there's gonna be another opportunity...After all...it is a quest to find the best BBQ in Michigan...or Ohio...or Indiana...etc...

Spyder Garage

SCOTTY...I PLAN ON CHECKING OUT THE BIKE SHOW ON MY WAY HOME FROM CHIPAWA LAKE.....HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE....THEN MAYBE I WILL GO SEE THE OTHER SPYDERS IN JONESVILLE....THAT IS IF I GET MY OIL CHANGED TODAY ON SPYDEE......SEE YA ALL....NOW I HAVE TO GET TO WORK....

Spyder Garage

Looks like Sunday could be a go for the BBQ in Jonesville if I'm reading all this right...Anybody wanna suggest a timeframe...We can meet folks coming from this area at the Artesian (Town & Country)..and ride over together...and for those who can't make it...I think there's gonna be another opportunity...After all...it is a quest to find the best BBQ in Michigan...or Ohio...or Indiana...etc...
    Let me know what time you'll be leaving the Wells and I'll try to make it. Probably won't know for sure until Sunday morning. It's gonna be a busy weekend. And hope you won't mind if I show up on 2 wheels. I'll have new tires and you know how important it is to scrub those in - especially before riding the MDH! lol
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Connie and I may be up for Saucy Dog's on Sunday. I'll check back later to see whats happening.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

I really want to do both of these and I just plotted it out and it is doable but it's just the wrong weekend. If it were the weekend of the 23rd I'd be at the show and go get some BBQ but I need to be an adult this weekend and do my chores.
    You need to go Mr. Orange!!! I wanna see your Spyder! If it happens, the gf and I are planning on it. Got an urge to ride with some other spyders, I only get to ride with those lame-o fandangle 2 wheel thingamajiggys

Spyder Garage

We would love to go but we just dropped off our bike to Trendsetters, a local air brush artist. He is doing some work on our Spyder and will have it for about a week. Maybe next time.

Spyder Garage

where is town and country located at. Maybe I could meet you there and ride in with the pack. IT WILL TAKE 3 HRS TO GET TO JACKSON FROM MY HOUSE. Looks like a good day for a road trip and bbq.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Hey Scotty!
    I may be at Gilmore this Sunday...but, unfortunately I will be Spyder-less. I broke my rear shock on Memorial Day (the shock rod is completely missing!). The dealership ordered the parts right away, but they haven't gotten them yet.

I even tried to talk them into letting me take their RSS demo that they let me use today (to help me with my withdrawal symptoms!)...no luck...already promised to someone else.

Great dealership...just my own bad luck...

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Im starting to feel myself weaken. They really do have some good Q there. What kind of times are we talking about. I'm thinking I can get to the bike show early and spend a few hours there and leave about 1130 or so which would put me in Joneville about 1-ish. That's my possible plan. How does that gel with others?

I could make it to Jonesville at about 1. My secretary (girlfriend) reminded me of something else on Sunday but should be able to work around it. I will let ya know tomorrow

Spyder Garage

Default Oscoda Biker Daze

Can't make the bbq run or the other option so it looks like I'm going to Oscoda Biker Daze on Saturday and riding with the Harley boys on Sunday.
    Never been to Oscoda but it's only an hour and they have a couple of things going on. You can find it on Facebook pretty easy and here's their website:http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=sedhzucab
    The websites suck, here's hoping the event doesn't. There is also a military motorcycle and vehicle swap meet going on as well there, but I couldn't find much info on that so it might just be two guys in a parking lot trading parts with each other.
    We may be going with a few other bikes on Saturday if anyone wants to join we can arrange a meet up in Standish, I'm thinking it will be around noon that we will leave but nothing is set in stone yet.